AIP-120: ApeClub - Token Gated Social Network for the Yuga Community

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

Our team has reviewed and discussed @Wizav.eth’s AIP Draft and have sent a list of initial questions. We await answers.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

@Wizav.eth has responded to our questions and they are in our review once again.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

1 Like

I just want to iterate my love for this platform. It’s easy to use and has a great look. Question: The updates that @6134 and @0xMarcella requested and @Wizav.eth said were good considerations — have they been put into the proposal? I don’t see them listed anywhere in the thread.

At the same time, I’m not a fan of reducing teams down to bare bones like saving money is the DAO’s core issue. If it were, then a lot more people would be paying attention to my idea that we fund proposals off yield instead of principal. I estimate back-of-the-napkin that 5M $APE to the Uniswap APE-ETH pool would fund every proposal that’s out right now basically for free.

Bottom line here is I’m voting yes on this, because this is the platform that I think will expand comms for the Ape community exponentially with some good marketing.

6 Likes

Hey @Mantis !

Sorry I’m getting back so late, had a family trip and finally got back and catching up :slight_smile:

I didn’t add detailed info for the following reasons:

• we adjust the details / roadmap as we go based on user feedback, so things are very dynamic
  • we have a track record of consistently delivering
  • we actually delivered MAYC access, In-app feed, Support for Ape clubs and Member Directory features in basic form from our roadmap already - you can check them out on ApeClub today

So since this application process is very lengthy, and we move very fast, the roadmap will be 70% different at the moment when the grant decision happens.

I can only assure you that all the features rolled out are being built in the best interest of the ApeCoin + Yuga community and our ears are open for feedback.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,
Wizav

5 Likes

Just pitching in that I love the idea of being able to find other Apes easily no matter where you may go. I’m literally at the point now that if I’m to travel, one of the top priorities would be to find other Apes I’ve yet to meet and get together IRL. This component of this proposal really resonates with me and serves to make our world that much smaller and closer-knit to one another.

5 Likes

Yeah, I actually use the website a lot now. And don’t know if you know, but I always ask other projects with overlap if they’ve checked it out, and why the DAO needs a platform with stuff that Apeclub already serves.

Reading back over my replies, I guess I didn’t realize you were the ones who made Apeclub. So this is a grant to ask to expand Apeclub from the makers of Apeclub. I can get behind that. The site is really good.

4 Likes

@Mantis @CryptoLogically thank you very much guys, it’s this kind of feedback that fuels our enthusiasm to continue building our platform!

We continue building and releasing new stuff for you every week. We just launched local chats - so you can talk to all apes in NYC or LA easily and automatically. The goal is to make sure the community is united & extracting maximum value from being an Ape, especially in this bear market.

Best,
Wizav

5 Likes

After review, this Topic submitted by @Wizav.eth is ready for vote under AIP-120: ApeClub - Token Gated Social Network for the Yuga Community. The proposal will be posted on Snapshot at the next weekly release date and time, which is every Thursday at 9PM ET.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

This proposal is live for Snapshot vote at Snapshot. The voting period closes next Wednesday at 9PM ET.

The AIP implementation is administered by the Ape Foundation. Implementation may be immaterially or materially altered to optimise for security, usability, to protect APE holders, and otherwise to effect the intent of the AIP. Any material deviations from an AIP, as initially approved, will be disclosed to the APE holder community.

-Pearson

The voting has closed for this proposal and it has not been accepted.

This Topic will be moved to and remain in the Reject AIPs subcategory.

-Pearson

1 Like