Proposal Name: ApeClub - Social Network for the ApeCoin & Yuga Community
Proposal Category: Core: Ecosystem Fund Allocation
ApeClub is a social network for the ApeCoin & Yuga community, which was launched only several weeks ago. In such a short period of time we have managed to attract nearly 300 BAYC holders, proving that our community is very strong and eager to integrate.
We’ve received many positive reviews and amazing feedback from community members, which encouraged us to double down on our efforts and request an ApeCoin DAO grant to accelerate our growth.
Our goal is to unite us, the entire Yuga holders community (BAYC, ApeCoin, MAYC, BAKC, Otherdeed), on one platform giving you the following value:
- Enhanced ApeCoin utility both for signup and in app features
- New relationships through meeting fellow Apes in your area
- Feeling welcome in any country worldwide, by meeting Apes while you travel
- Create business relationships with other Apes across the world
- Easily organize and attend Ape events
- Promote projects you are working on and collaborate with other community members on their projects
We feel that our platform will perfectly complement The Otherside.
Our goal is to bring the entire Yuga Labs holders community together, both online and offline and help you, the holders, get maximum value from the NFTs/ApeCoin you hold. That value is the community behind the assets, and we aim to connect you with that community to create valuable friendships and business relationships.
Yuga’s asset holders are entrepreneurs, investors, artists, celebrities, scientists, and professionals from different sectors. Despite their assets and skills, they have limited tools to co-operate, thus decreasing their potential. ApeClub changes this situation and gives every holder maximum value from their membership in this elite Ape club.
We plan to allow access for ApeCoin holders with a minimum holding amount of 500 $APE. Out of all the 91k $APE holders, around 81,300 hold less than 500. This is a huge pool of people that may be inclined to buy additional $APE (and hold it) in order to access our platform and connect with other ApeClub members. This may drive significant demand for $APE, and incentivise people to hold the coin in order to remain members of the club.
We also plan the following solutions which will drive ApeCoin adoption & demand:
- It’s the bear market and uniting the community on the first NFT social platform adds immense value for the holders. This will put the eyes of the entire crypto community on ApeCoin & BAYC and drive demand for these assets.
- Allowing for ApeCoin payments for ads on our platform, part of which will be returned to the community.
- Providing additional services on the platform, paid in ApeCoin - such as skins or member highlighting (similarly to solutions on Discord & Telegram)
There are currently up to 140,000 people waiting to be connected (BAYC, ApeCoin, MAYC, BAKC, and Otherdeed holders).
Our platform benefits the APE Community in the following ways:
- Driving demand for ApeCoin, by requiring a minimum holding threshold of 500 $APE to get and maintain access to ApeClub
- Will give ApeCoin utility for payments for various services on the platform
- Ability to pay for advertising on the platform in ApeCoin - with part of the funds going back to the community
- Connecting all the members for new valuable relationships & collaborations
- Giving extra value from assets held - through the ability to showcase your business or initiative and find supporters within the community
- Makes it easier to organize events and as a result create new friendships within the community
- Shows strength of the community to the outside world, making it a lot more attractive for outside people to join the community, and resulting in growth of the ecosystem
As of today, our platform is live: www.apeclub.ai for BAYC holders (soon also ApeCoin, MAYC, BAKC, Otherdeed). Just a few weeks after the launch, we have acquired nearly 300 verified club members (including top key opinion leaders) and generated hundreds of thousands of impressions on our social media and websites.
The platform is token gated, with manual onboarding available - ensuring security and exclusivity.
We’ve spent over 5 months on development and are already running in production with the basic functionality being live. All the development until now has been self funded. As of today, hundreds of users can enjoy such features as:
- a map with the location of community members
- list of events organized by community members
- a directory of projects set up by community members
- notification systems and custom bots on Telegram and Discord
- several registration options, fully secure, without the need to connect wallets (but, with holder verification)
- helpdesk with dedicated community managers who are available to users 24 hours a day
- support for local Ape Clubs such as “Bored Club Canada”, “Ladies of BAYC” and “BAYC Korea”
Our 11-person ApeClub team is led by two co-founders, web3 entrepreneurs with over 30 years of experience in tech, security & media markets:
- VoyTech.eth - 27 years of tech experience, built a 2 million+ social network in 2004 with funding from Intel Capital, so he’s an expert at building and scaling such platforms. Built a software company Esvelo.com which built solutions for startups such as https://music.com. Big fan of crypto & NFTs since 2017, and focusing exclusively on the space now. Reach out: https://twitter.com/VoyTechEth
- Wizav.eth - Over 10 years of experience in business management and product development. Active entrepreneur and serial startups investor in space, fintech, IT, e-commerce. President of Esvelo.com and member of EBAN (European Business Angels Network). Reach out: https://twitter.com/wizaveth
STEPS TO IMPLEMENT
The APE Community grant will be used on further maintenance and building out additional functionalities of the platform:
- Right now the platform is BAYC only - we want to enable secure access for ApeCoin holders, MAYC, BAKC, Otherdeed. This will be done in a manner which maintains exclusivity and privacy of members. For example a BAYC holder may choose to only participate in BAYC only events, or get messages only from other BAYC holders to limit the volume of messaging.
- This is where the demand for $APE will be driven by allowing only holders with at least 500 ApeCoin to join the platform. If their balance falls below this threshold they will not be able to use the site.
- ApeCoin utility - additional platform features with payments in ApeCoin - effectively locking the coins until they are withdrawn or burned. The planned features are - advertising on the platform and upgrading your account to get extra in app features.
- In app activity feed - to make it easy to view all the updates related to community members, events and projects. This will require implementing fully fledged feed mechanics with an email + mobile notifications engine.
- Mobile app - so that every holder gets access to the platform on their mobile device, and receives notifications about events and fellow holders visiting his/her area. The app will be built for both iOS and Android and will contain the full functionality of the site.
- Chat functionality - so that we can make it easier to communicate between members - around events, location, projects, common interests or needs. This way community members don’t have to go to Discord or Telegram to connect but can do it on our platform. Due to token gating our solution will eliminate spam & scams which are so widespread on other platforms. We plan to implement location based messages so that you can easily rally Apes around you.
- Member directory - to promote Apes and their projects to the broader community. This will be visible both inside and outside of the site, so that we give extra visibility to our community for people aspiring to be members.
- Authorizing for mints and other web3 apps with your ApeClub account - ability to authorize without connecting your Ape holding wallet, by using your ApeClub account in conjunction with an industry standard wallet delegation solution. This will increase your safety, eliminating the need to sign with your Ape holding wallet when utilizing token gated mints.
On the business side of things we plan the following activities:
- Team expansion - we want to strengthen our product, mobile and community management teams to be able to sustain future growth.
- Holder acquisition - this is an ongoing process which our community team will continue daily.
- Monetisation & funding - we plan to apply for funding in various DAOs, and explore different means of monetisation such as membership fees, sponsorship opportunities.
- ApeClub World Tour - a series of several events in major cities worldwide promoting the platform and onboarding members.
Our estimate for implementing the above product goals are below. Features will be implemented subsequently within the deadlines listed next to the given feature:
- Access for ApeCoin holders, MAYC, BAKC, Otherdeed - 1 month.
- ApeCoin utility - 1 month.
- In app activity feed - 1 month.
- Mobile app - 2 months.
- Chat functionality - 2 months.
- Member directory - 1 month.
- Authorising for mints and other web3 apps with your ApeClub account - 2 months.
The deadlines are conservative and take into consideration:
- The entire vision → design → implement → test → adjust → release cycle. We have nearly 30 years of experience in tech and adhere to the highest standards when building.
- Maintaining very high security standards which are of paramount importance in the space
- Ongoing maintenance & minor feature development will be happening in parallel and also taking the team’s time
Our operations currently consume on average $88,000 per month. We would like to request funding for the next 9 months of operations at an increased burn rate of $125,000 per month in order to achieve the goals mentioned above.
This will give us the fuel needed to onboard & satisfy the needs of the Yuga holders community, and explore various means of monetisation to fund future development and maintenance.
So our total grant request is 225,000 $APE.