Proposal Name: Rumblerz by Gamed Productions - A stop-motion animation/claymation TV show leveraging existing IP
Proposal Category: Brand Decision
Abstract | Two or three sentences that summarize the proposal.
We propose for ApeCoinDAO to be our official sponsor for all of Season 1.“Brought to you by ApeCoinDAO” with logo placement prominent throughout.
We’re looking to bridge web3 and pop culture, introduce digital collectibles to a broader audience and change the entertainment industry by leveraging blockchain technology that allows anyone to be part of the production industry.
- Stefan Karl, IP expert and COO: I’m a German national living in the UK since 2014. Used to live in the US for a couple of years prior to moving to the UK. Started my career working in digital advertising before moving into the online brand protection space about 5 years ago, and now working full-time as manager and consultant helping web2 and web3 brands protect their IP and reputation online. Got into NFTs in early 2021 and have been working as co-founder on Rumblerz and Gamed Productions since early 2022.
- David Pearson, Founder and CEO. Producer, Local 800 Production Designer and Art Director (Jake from State Farm, Click-up Superbowl Commercial, Savage x Fenty, HBO, Discover +, and many more)
- Zach Tolchinsky, Director and Animator who has worked on shows like Robot Chicken, Anomolisa, and Buddy Thunderstruck
- Sean Akers, Producer on Banshee Chapter, the first direct to Oculus movie
- Brittany Ellis - Warner Bros. Entertainment and our Chief Audio Engineer, Beavis and Butthead, Westworld, and Star Trek
- Metaseed Labs (https://www.metaseedlabs.com/) who are an industry leader in smart contract development within the NFT/Web3 space and who have worked on collections such as Alien Frens, Grumbies, L3MON, Gunslingers and Letters by Vinnie Hager
- Tyler Simmons - VP of Strategy at IMAX (advisor)
- Tap music (https://tap-music.com) who have won numerous titles and trophies such as Manager of the Year and Live Music Innovation of the Year and have been home to the likes of Lana Del Rey, Ellie Goulding and Dermott Kennedy amongst others
- Various production partners such as Sombra Network, T42 Entertainment, Bonfire, LuxAngeles Studios and Space Fac+ory
Motivation | A statement on why the APE Community should implement the proposal.
The APE Community should consider implementing our proposal because it offers a unique and innovative solution to address the current state of the entertainment industry. By doing so, the APE Community will be spearheading a change of how business is conducted and will be recognized as such, which further helps bring more awareness to the APE Community. Overall, the implementation of our proposal is a step forward towards a much wider integration of web3 in our daily lives.
Rationale | An explanation of how the proposal aligns with the APE Community’s mission and guiding values.
Our proposal is to use and further digital identities. It’s simple, we believe in the future of it, and we believe the only way to break through to a larger culture is to subvert it. The possibilities for the blockchain to impact culture is endless, but like all great things, it starts through entertainment.
Key Terms (optional) | Definitions of any terms within the proposal that are unique to the proposal, new to the APE Community, and/or industry-specific.
Specifications | A detailed breakdown of the platforms and technologies that will be used.
- Ethereum blockchain to issue ticket and seat 1155 tokens
- Snapshot.org or similar (upstream) to be used for governance voting
- Traditional distribution partner
- YouTube and Twitch for additional video monetization
- Stop-motion animation to produce TV show
Steps to Implement | The steps to implement the proposal, including associated costs, manpower, and other resources for each step where applicable.
Pre Production involves storyboarding, sculpting puppets and individual parts needed to animate each puppet, and set/world building- This involves 4 sculptors, animatic artist, director, producer and writers- 15k USD
Production process involves shooting 24 frames per second animating puppetry. This involves up to 4 animators, lighting crew, Director, Director of Photography, and producers- 11 minutes roughly- 50k USD
Post production is the editing phase including transitions, color, VFX, and sound engineering (foley)- This involves producers, director, colorist, editor, VFX artists and 2 sound engineers- 15k USD
Timeline | Relevant timing details, including but not limited to start date, milestones, and completion dates.
Start date is two weeks lead time, crew is familiar with each other from previous work and excited to work towards a decentralized Hollywood by owning a part of their art.
Milestone 1- Puppets fabricated and animatic completed- 4 weeks
Milestone 2- Production completed- 2.5 weeks
Milestone 3- Post Finished- 3 weeks
Milestone 4- Shopping pilot to partners and releasing clips- 6 weeks
Overall Cost | The total cost to implement the proposal.