AIP-238: Mecha Chaotic: Forge - Add chaos to your PFP

Hi @EthanSBrewerton,

Thank you for your ideas [and the ApeCoin DAO community for the thoughtful discussions]. A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @EthanSBrewerton please see your messages for the next steps.

-Vulkan

1 Like

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@EthanSBrewerton has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-Vulkan

1 Like

Edits have been made to the AIP Draft up above to fix formatting issues. You can click the Pencil icon at the top of the post to see these edits.

Kind Regards,

-Vulkan

1 Like

@EthanSBrewerton has responded to our questions and has provided consent to share them in this forum for the community.

Questions (click to expand)
  1. Are there any potential legal or regulatory risks associated with the activities of this AIP?

Not that I’m aware of.

1. What are the Milestones, Objectives and Key Results which have been identified for your project?

Milestones

• Add Variable Payment System
  • Add Variable payment system
  • Add quality of life UI elements
  • Art for UI
  • Add Trait Rarity System
  • Launch the Forge with BAYC Collection
  • Add Guest artist functionality
  • Launch Guest Arist Collection
  • Continue launching the Forge for other Collections
  1. Please elaborate on the teams’ expectations for the future.

I expect that we will be putting out Forge Collections long into the future, for as long as projects launch that lend themselves to this kind of process.

1. Is the Ape Foundation expected to engage in any of the steps of the AIP implementation? If so, please specify the step and elaborate how it is expected to work.

There is no expectation of the Ape Foundation to engage with any of the steps other than the funding of the AIP.

1. Have you or your team identified any additional financial, operational, or brand risks associated with this AIP?

No, there are no additional risks involved.

1. What kind of payment systems do you plan to incorporate to allow buys to make purchases? Would these be wallet connections? If so, what kind?

Yes, there will be a system where users connect through

1. Since your app would require token holders to connect wallets, what are the plans for security audits of the app?

I hold myself to the highest level of professionalism and my top priority to maintain that level is to make sure that I am a trusted individual in the community. I take this very seriously, sometimes to my own detriment.

To that end, I’m currently working with 3 unassociated developers who I will have each vet the code, though I would be open to having anyone the DAO appointed also vet what has been built.

1. Do you have any estimated costs for users to use the platform’s features, or any premium features?

My current plan is to charge around .03ETH per mint to use the Forge, though that price can fluctuate based on collection and accepted token.

1. Are there any additional details you can share on your Team?

I have worked with these developers before and I trust them. They have helped me create beyond what was expected and have proven themselves to be professional and competent.

1. You mentioned you would promote ApeCoin. Can you share more details on how you plan on doing that?

On top of providing it as a payment option, I would be open to putting the logo on my overlays and having a prominent spot on the site displaying something like “Powered by ApeCoin.”

1. Do you provide consent to share these questions with the community in this forum?

Yes.

A DAR package is being worked on and upon completion this AIP will move into Administrative Review. Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

Vulkan

1 Like

We have sent a list of follow up questions to the author.

Kind Regards,

-Vulkan

2 Likes

@EthanSBrewerton has responded to our questions and has provided consent to share them in this forum for the community.

Questions (click to expand)
  1. In question 6 above, you mentioned there will be a system where users connect through. Can you please share details on what system(s) will be used and how?

Currently we are using rainbow dot me and wagmi dot sh to handle our wallet connections for payments.

1. Will there be any security audits done? If so, can you share details on how they will be conducted?

Of course, I always welcome security audits. I would be more than open to having anyone the DAO nominates to look over the contract. Additionally, I have worked with quite a few developers over the years, and always have at least 2 look over any work I get done.

1. Do you provide consent to share these questions with the community in this forum?

I do.

A DAR package is being worked on and upon completion this AIP will move into Administrative Review. Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

Vulkan

1 Like

We have no further questions for @EthanSBrewerton. This AIP is now under Administrative Review.

Kind Regards,

-Vulkan

1 Like

After review, this Topic submitted by @EthanSBrewerton is ready for vote under AIP-238. The proposal will be posted on Snapshot at the next weekly release date and time, which is every Thursday at 9PM EST.

The AIP implementation is administered by the Ape Foundation. Implementation may be immaterially or materially altered to optimize for security, usability, to protect APE holders, and otherwise to effect the intent of the AIP. Any material deviations from an AIP, as initially approved, will be disclosed to the APE holder community.

Kind Regards,

-Vulkan

2 Likes

This proposal is live for vote at Snapshot. The voting period closes next Wednesday at 9PM EST.

The AIP implementation is administered by the Ape Foundation. Implementation may be immaterially or materially altered to optimize for security, usability, to protect APE holders, and otherwise to effect the intent of the AIP. Any material deviations from an AIP, as initially approved, will be disclosed to the APE holder community.

1 Like

The voting has closed for this proposal and it has not been accepted.

This Topic will be moved to and remain in the Rejected AIPs subcategory.

-Amplify