AIP-343: Miami ApeCoin eSports Arena Partnership

Proposal Name:
Miami ApeCoin eSports Arena Partnership

Proposal Category:
Ecosystem Fund Allocation

Team Description:
I’m Orangie, an experienced pro gamer with a big online presence. With experience in Web3 gaming and a rich history in the eSports community, I’m confident to be involved in this proposal. Cody Dierickx, the man behind ROK, shares a similar passion for gaming and has successfully nurtured a vibrant gaming community in Miami.

Abstract:
The proposal is geared towards forming a strategic partnership with ROK eSports Arena in Miami, elevating ApeCoin’s profile and fostering Web3 gaming awareness. The focus is on titles adopting ApeCoin as in-game currency, bridging the gap between traditional and blockchain-based gaming landscapes. More about ROK eSports Arena can be found at (https://www.rokesports.com/).

Benefit to ApeCoin Ecosystem:
This partnership aims to embed ApeCoin within the emerging Web3 gaming community, resonating with the APE Community’s ethos. The outreach from tournaments, creator cups, and a strong social media campaign will extend ApeCoin’s influence within the gaming sector.

Steps to Implement & Timeline:

1. Initiate official sponsorship of ROK Arena
  2. Design and deploy custom ApeCoin peripherals for all PC setups
  3. Establish ApeCoin branding throughout the LAN Center, including NFT showcases months.
  4. Host ApeCoin sponsored tournaments with enticing prize pools
  5. Create a dedicated “APECOIN ARENA” for high-stake tournament finals within ROK
  6. Invite creators and streamers for hosting tournaments

Overall Cost:
$200,000 USD

This budget covers a one-year title sponsorship of ROK, addressing operational costs, marketing to attract notable creators, and hosting tournaments with lucrative prize pools. The investment is envisioned to yield substantial brand exposure, community growth, and a strong foothold in the Web3 gaming landscape.

2 Likes

Congrats Orangie and Team and wow!

Love the name - ApeCoin Arena.

Will follow up with questions soon, but for now… congrats.

SSP :call_me_hand:t4:

7 Likes

These are the types of AIPs we need to get behind, forcefully putting ourselves at the forefront of these events by sponsoring them is the way to go. I’ll be following along, best of luck.

1 Like

This sounds amazing and congo to your friends Cody and Jon, literally dream come true <3

Can you share some more info like how many no. of people currently visit the Arena followed by how many tournaments these guys have hosted yet. Going by the info on site so far 4 which is epic since April. Hopefully such info will help give your prop more eyes and give people more idea about what all this AIP can achieve.

Thanks
Evil

2 Likes

Great idea! Partnering with ROK Arena is a golden opportunity for Apecoin. It’s going to make some noise and attract lots of new gamers to our community. It will be awesome to see our logo everywhere and to organize tournaments. Can’t wait to see how it all unfolds!

2 Likes

Finally, a proposal that’s in/around my area of expertise, both from a business perspective and as a supporter/former player.

I love the idea at a base level: sponsoring grassroots e-sports efforts is a great way to connect web2 native gamers to web3 native games. I also definitely understand the tie-in with this center being in Miami.

However, I’d say that the “E-Sports capital of the United States” is quite comfortably the Dallas/Austin Texas area (that texas fiber hits diffy) so if it were me and my money, I would be exploring opportunities with large lan centers and/or venues that host large tournaments in the Dallas/Texas area versus in Miami.

A company like EsportsArena, who has their massive stadium in Texas, also hosts a streamed and commentated E-Series for a multitude of games (somewhat of a “path to pro” series) while also having over a dozen LAN centers across the country. Obviously the cost of sponsoring them would be higher, but the exposure would (IMO) would be massively higher as well.

So, like I said, I love the base level/top level/etc idea of this, but I’m not sure that partnering with a single LAN center in Miami makes sense. With Esports as a whole “reeling” a bit right now as far as a lot of teams not being able to afford to operate, I think you can find some insanely large partners (be it lan centers, title sponsors on massive esports teams, etc) that would bite your hand off for 180k APE.

EDIT: the TL:DR is this is a great START, but I don’t think that you’re thinking big enough. Sponsoring 1 of 7 LAN centers in Miami is cool, but upping the APE ask significantly and getting millions of eyes on the project (via a major Esports Org, or being the title sponsor of Dreamhack, or something along those lines) feels like a better investment to me if we’re trying to reach web2 gamers, not just web2 gamers in a certain part of Miami.

2 Likes

I appreciate that GuyMadden. Hoping the community can get behind this one.

2 Likes

1,000+ active members since April but they have been around a lot longer without a physical location. Just hosting tournaments in Miami. They have hosted tons of tournaments (multiple a week, more than 4 since launching. 10-20+)

2 Likes

Good luck in the AIP, I hope it goes to the vote!

1 Like

In my experience, I am absolutely certain that you’re never - ever - going to onboard Web2 gamers to Web3 by having them play and/or sponsor via Web2 games. The conversion rate, I would guess, would hover around 0 because, Web3 gaming angst aside, it’s going to take a lot more than just passive sponsorships to convert. It’s specially why, in marketing, you have to do “targeted” engagements. e.g. don’t trying marketing condoms to a priest. So, sponsoring a Web2 esports outfit isn’t going to be impactful. Might as well spend the money on plastering the Apecoin logo on park and bus stop benches, sides of buses etc. At least then, they would be seen - and the targeting is all-encompassing.

Any type of marketing, sponsorship, partnership etc. is always a good thing. However, most people in our DAO simply don’t understand that concept because they’ve never actually run let alone owned a business or even worked in marketing. That’s the only way to understand what it means to market via sponsorships. I have just experienced this first-hand in my game AIP-316 in which some people simply don’t understand the concept of “impactful marketing spends”, despite the fact that I spent a lot of time laying it all out. Unless the DAO spends money on sponsorships, marketing etc. it’s not going to succeeded in the long-term. There’s a reason that marketing - for any venture - is a key aspect of growth and sustainability.

I like this AIP idea, but I don’t like that it’s targeting the wrong demographic, as that’s just a waste of money, and is of no benefit to Apecoin.

1 Like

It is great to see you here orangie and team! I am glad you’re putting up an idea that works for you and your expertise.

This is the AIP Idea phase - it is the time to connect with the ApeCoin community within the forum. Take feedback and learn, but at the end of the day do what works best for you all :slightly_smiling_face: I look forward to seeing this in Administrative review.

Cheers,
G

6 Likes

Thanks BoredApeG. Super excited to see how this plays out!

3 Likes

Hi @orangie,

Your topic would be moving to the AIP Draft phase in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received or do you wish to extend community discussion for another 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

-@Facilitators

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @orangie,

Thank you for your ideas [and the ApeCoin DAO community for the insightful discussions]. A moderator will reach out to the author to finalize the AIP Draft using the appropriate template. In accordance with DAO-approved guidelines, if the author doesn’t respond within 30 days, the proposal will be automatically transferred to the Withdrawn category, and the author can re-submit the idea. Once the AIP is Drafted and meets all DAO-approved guidelines, it will be published on Snapshot for the official live voting phase at: Snapshot.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @orangie please see your messages for the next steps.

-@Facilitators

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@orangie has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

Our team has reviewed and discussed @orangie’s AIP Draft and have sent a list of initial questions. We await answers.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

@orangie has responded to our questions and has provided consent to share them in this forum for the community.

1. Aside from providing the requested funding and issuance of the licensing agreement, is the Ape Foundation expected to engage in any of the steps of the AIP implementation? If so, please specify the steps and elaborate on how it is expected to work.

No steps would be needed from the Ape Foundation.

2. How will the overall success of this sponsorship be measured and evaluated?

Brand awareness brought to the ApeCoin ROK socials + how many people we on-board to the ecosystem.

3. Is ApeCoin’s partnership with ROK eSports Arena intended to be exclusive?

Yes, the title sponsorship will be exclusive.

4. Will you be collecting any user data during tournaments, events, or casual gameplay? If so, please elaborate.

Currently all tournament player / casual player data is collected, email, phone number, etc.

5. How many “ApeCoin sponsored tournaments” do you envision hosting within the year?

At least 1 big one a month in the ApeCoin arena. ROK esports currently hosts 5-10 tournaments a month, but they aren’t all big. Everything would still be powered by ApeCoin.

6. Will the prize pools be paid out exclusively in ApeCoin?

It depends the game, with some publishers we have to be careful as they have strict cryptocurrency related rules.

7. Do you have an estimated timeline for implementing your proposal and commencing the partnership?

As soon as we get approval we would begin revamping the arena & it would take about a month to have the branding all over the place.

8. If Web3 connectivity is required, will any precautionary measures be taken to ensure the security of those connecting their wallets?

Yes, we will work with security experts, & begin conversations with web3 security such as Wallet Guard to walk newcomers through the space.

9. Do you provide consent to share these questions and answers with the community in this forum?

Yes

A DAR package is being worked on and upon completion this AIP will move into Administrative Review. Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

We have no further questions for @orangie. This AIP is now under Administrative Review.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators