AIP-416: MAGA - Make Apes Great Again

ORIGINAL PROPOSAL:

My AIP-345 made history as the AIP to get the most against votes ever in the history of the ApeCoin DAO. I proposed to give away 50,000 free bottles of Twisted Ape Vodka and have the DAO pay for them. Turns out Apes don’t like vodka or free stuff.

The original proposal can be found here:

https://forum.apecoin.com/t/aip-345-ape-spirits-presents-twisted-ape-vodka-for-all-apes/19080

RESUBMISSION UPDATES:

The original proposal requested 1,000,000 $APE for 50,000 bottles of vodka given for free to all $APE holders as a free claim.

This updated version requests only 69,000 $APE and we will gift 1,000 Twisted Ape Treasure Chests to 1,000 $APE holders and delegates.

With this updated proposal, we intend to use the funds to hire social media influencers to talk about Apes and ApeCoin to their audiences of millions of web2 followers on Instagram and TikTok in the Gen Z and Millennial age ranges who are not already familiar with Apes or ApeCoin with the goal to attract new holders from outside of our crypto bubble.

The funds will NOT be used to manufacture or cover the cost of the product we propose to give away. This product is already in stock and ready to ship and we have already covered the cost of these products out of pocket. This is our gift to the community.

PROPOSAL NAME:

MAGA - Make Apes Great Again

PROPOSAL CATEGORY:

Ecosystem Fund Allocation

TEAM DESCRIPTION:

I am Fuego. Cofounder and CEO of Ape Spirits and Fuego Labs and a few other corporations.

I’m an OG Bored Ape Yacht Club member since 2021. I minted 2 apes and sold them right away then bought back in some time in June or July.

I don’t have anything special to say about myself and I don’t think anyone really cares to read about me anyway as this proposal is not about me. You can follow me on X if you want, or don’t. @FuegoCEO

I will not be paying myself any salary or keeping any of the funds from this AIP for myself. I do not personally benefit from this AIP whatsoever, this AIP is for the benefit of the community and our ecosystem.

ABSTRACT:

This proposal aims to promote Apes, Mutants, and ApeCoin to a Web2 audience of millions of Millennials and Gen Z consumers via extremely popular and influential social media personalities on Instagram, Tik Tok, and Youtuber. The goal is to create awareness within the normies and introduce them to the Bored Ape Yacht Club as the best club in the world despite not having a club or any yachts, and that ApeCoin is the future of finance that will lead to financial freedom despite not having any utility or real world use cases.

By Achieving this goal we hope to increase demand for Apes and get hundreds or maybe even thousands of normies to come buy our bags. If we can convince them into truly believing that Apes, Mutants, and ApeCoin are cool, we hope they will buy them to be a part of this great community with no interest of ever selling for a profit, resulting in an increased holder count. This can potentially get Apes out of the hands of Blur farmers and traders who only buy Apes to flip them for a 0.01 eth profit (or loss).

MAGA - Make Apes Great Again

BENEFIT TO APECOIN ECOSYSTEM:

Increased holder count… This may or may not bring in a few thousand new ApeCoin bag holders.

New community members and DAO participants… We may or may not get a few thousand new plebs to complain about how down bad they are.

More hate and ridicule… We may get a bunch of people to make fun of and talk bad about Apes. But there’s no such thing as bad publicity right? Whether the things they say are good or bad they will be talking about us.

The idea is to convince the normies that Apes are cool and they need to be like us. To make them realize that the Bored Ape Yacht Club is the best club in the world and they need to join this club asap before they can no longer afford to join.

The only way to find out if it works is to FAFO. The more we FA, the more we FO. If we don’t FA, we’ll never FO.

fafo

The one benefit I can guarantee for sure is that 1000 community members will get to claim a free Twisted Ape Treasure Chest. I have 1000 of these Treasure Chests in stock and ready to ship. They are currently priced at 69 $APE, but if this AIP is approved, I will make them a free claim to the first 1000 wallets that vote on this AIP, regardless whether they vote yes or no.

We will also include delegated voters. If you delegate your votes to another wallet or are part of a sub community that votes separately such as Surreal or Mocaverse, our dev team will get all your wallet addresses from the snapshot and include you in the free claim.

Learn more about Twisted Ape at TwistedApe.xyz

KEY TERMS:

FAFO: F*ck around and find out.

PLATFORMS & TECHNOLOGIES:

Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube.

Influencers, Tik Tokers, and Youtubers.

It will be a whole marketing campaign. We will create great content and we will make it go viral.

STEPS TO IMPLEMENT & TIMELINE:

Summer is around the corner. There aren’t any barriers to get this campaign going right away. Immediately upon the funds being disbursed I will partner with several influencers to begin creating content around Apes and ApeCoin. The campaign will run for approximately 6 months or until all funds have been depleted whichever comes first.

We can measure the success of this AIP by checking holder count of ApeCoin on Etherscan. I believe 6900 new holders is a feasible number to attain and we should use that number as a key performance indicator (KPI) as to whether this AIP is a success.

However it will not just be 6900 new holders for no reason. These new holders will buy ApeCoin and use it to purchase a product from one of the many Made By Apes businesses who accept ApeCoin as a payment method.

The Twisted Ape claims can open immediately too. The product is in stock and ready to ship so all it takes is for us to take a snapshot of all the wallets that voted and allow them to place their orders on our website. We can have this ready to go within a few days to a week after voting ends.

So we will measure the success of this AIP based on these three factors:

1. How much the holder count of ApeCoin on Etherscan has increased from the date the funds are disbursed.
  2. How many sales are reported by Made By Apes businesses that accept ApeCoin as a payment method, to new customers who were referred to or learned about their business from the efforts of this marketing campaign.
  3. Twisted Ape claims have been completed and all 1000 Twisted Ape Treasure Chests have been shipped out.

This campaign will take an estimated 6 months to complete. We can consider the AIP fully implemented at the latter of 6 months after the funds have been dispersed, or, in the event once all funds have been depleted.

1. I will provide a monthly update to the community showing which influencers were hired, what they were hired to do, and how much they were paid for it.
  2. I will provide a monthly update to the community as to what type of content was produced and published by each influencer that was hired, including the quantity of posts made, the schedule and frequency in which the content was released and published, and details as to where it was published with links or screenshots to the content that was published.
  3. The end date of this campaign, at which point the AIP can be considered fully implemented, is the latter of 6 months from the date the funds are disbursed, or when the entire budget has been fully depleted.
  4. At the end of the 6 months I will provide a detailed report with screenshots of all the content that was published, showing the results of each post including what was posted, who posted it, where it was posted, and the stats of each post such as impressions, likes, comments, engagement, etc.

OVERALL COST:

69,420 $APE

The entire 69,420 $APE will be used to create content and hire influencers to make Apes and ApeCoin go viral on social media.

We will allocate an average of 10,000-12,000 $APE per month, for approximately 6 consecutive months, until all the funds have been depleted.

3 Likes

Hi @Fuego,

The community feedback period for your proposal would be ending in less than 24 hours.

• If you’re content with the feedback received, your next steps are to finalize your proposal using the AIP Draft Template.

• A moderator will reach out to the author to finalize the AIP Draft. Upon receipt of the final Draft, we will review and provide instructions on the next steps.

• Are you ready to proceed to the next phase or do you wish to extend community discussion for another 7 days?

We look forward to hearing from you.

-@Facilitators

6 Likes

Would you consider to include ApeCoin holders? or maybe holders with over 1000 APE at a time of a snapshot (including staked apes).

Perhaps for BAYC and MAYC, you only include BAYC or MAYC which are max staked with ApeCoin?

What do you think about these suggestions?

3 Likes

I think those are great suggestions. TBH I don’t really care who gets them. This AIP is not really about the free gift to Apes, that’s just the icing on the cake.

The truth is that this AIP is all about the marketing to a broader audience of people via social media to attract new buyers from outside our little crypto bubble. Apes and Mutants are on their way to zero and $APE isn’t really moving with the market because nobody is interested.

The only people buying Apes now are the same people selling them. Its basically like wash trading but in a PVP arena where nobody wins. Even the traders have stopped trading so its really just farmooors dumping them onto each other dozens at a time.

Someone needs to do something about it. We need to create demand from new holders who buy in because they want to join and be a part of the club, not more of the same people who are only interested in financial gains.

Someone who’s buying their second, third or 100th ape is only buying in hopes that they go up in price so they can then sell it later for a profit. We don’t need more of that, we need someone who is buying their one and only ape and has zero plans of selling it ever. And that is my goal with this funding. I may not be able to get 100 new buyers and end farming altogether, but maybe I can get 69 or even a couple hundred new holders who will also fully stake them. Its a start and more than Yuga or anyone else is doing.

3 Likes

This was a resubmission which I thought was supposed to bypass the 7 days so yes please move it on to the next phase.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @Fuego,

Thank you for your ideas [and the ApeCoin DAO community for the insightful discussions].

A moderator will reach out to the author to finalize the AIP Draft using the appropriate template.

• Once the AIP Draft is confirmed by the author and meets all DAO-approved guidelines, it will receive an AIP ID number and move forward for Draft Analysis Review.
  • @Fuego please see your messages for the next steps.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. In accordance with DAO-approved guidelines, if the author does not respond within 30 days, the proposal will be automatically transferred to the Withdrawn category, and the author can re-submit the idea.

-@Facilitators

2 Likes

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@Fuego has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

This proposal has been assigned the AIP ID Number 416.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

1 Like

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

Our team has reviewed and discussed @Fuego’s AIP Draft and have sent a list of initial questions. We await answers.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators