AIP-78: Ape Worlds - Create Ape-themed games on the blockchain, no code required

Thanks for the straightforward feedback. Here are some thoughts based on the above (original comments in italics):

Game engine, UGC, Metaverse, all of them seems to fit well in children and teenagers, but has nothing to do with adults

• I would say Game engine, UGC, Metaverse are the biggest opportunities in the space today.
  • For example, Yuga Lab’s next big project is The Otherside, a Metaverse MMO that will be massive and will take hundreds of millions to develop over years.
  • Additionally, ROBLOX, Fall Guys, Fortnite (shooter game with strong build element), and shooter games in general ~ are some of the biggest games in the world for a wide range of ages.

1M $Ape to build such a metaverse is rediculous

• I agree that 1m $APE is a big ask, but it is a small budget to build a metaverse platform.
  • Game development costs have risen a lot as the industry has matured. For example, GTA 5 cost $265m to develop. The Otherside will likely have a comparable budget to GTA 5.
  • We will need a team of 10-20 people to work on this full time for 12 months.
  • The full 1m will only be unlocked of the team ships all of the features on the roadmap.
  • The DAO has allocated 32m tokens for gaming in the first year (link to AIP-3). We (the ApeCoin DAO) should be looking for big opportunities that can move the needle for $APE adoption.

the ApeCoin DAO could seek partnership with a whole lot of mature game studios with such amount of money.

• As a DAO member, I agree we should be backing a wide range of gaming projects from multi-year AAA projects, to smaller casual titles, to UGC gaming platforms. In a few years, there will be hundreds of games using $APE if we are successful.
  • The Knock Knock Games team comes from top studios including Zynga, and Jam City (our CTO was the eng lead for Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery for example).
  • If this proposal make it to snapshot, that means that the ApeCoin foundation has reviewed the team’s backgrounds and determined this is a credible team and proposal.

I think the big question we should all be asking is, can a instant play UGC game platform move the needle for $APE adoption?

• Because it runs natively in the web, we can reach millions of players instantly, bypassing app stores and other gatekeepers.
  • There are ~80k wallets holding $APE today. If we can reach millions of players via Ape Worlds, this could massively increase the number of $APE holders.
  • By getting in early, ApeCoin members can create games before anyone else and they can be in a good position if the platform takes off.

We will announce upcoming AMA here over the next week to continue the conversation with the community. Ape Worlds is a big and complex proposal with a goal of creating a new UGC platform for the Ape universe, so we understand there will be a lot of questions and differing viewpoints.

3 Likes