AIP Milestone Tracker

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

Over the past year, there hasn’t been much follow-up with authors of approved AIPs. This doesn’t mean authors are not completing their milestones as written in their proposals, but up until this point the progress has often not been explicitly stated nor shared with the community.

As part of my mandate as DAO Secretary, I’ve begun to address this by tracking this information to be able to report on it. I have created an “AIP Milestone Tracker” database, which contains three different views:

• Grid: basic table of milestones

• Gantt Chart

• Timeline

A link to the read-only version of the database is below. It’s still a work in progress as I continue to gather information, but you can follow along to see updates as I continue to build this out.

One thing to keep in mind as you are reading through is that anything marked as “TBD” does not mean that particular task has not been completed. Rather, it means I need to do additional research to figure out the current status of that task.

Are You an AIP Author?

If you are an author of an approved AIP and want to inform the community of milestones you have met, you can fill out this form. You can also reply to this thread if you prefer.

One Final Note

If you have any questions, suggestions, or things you would like to see included in these charts please leave a comment below. The goal of this project is to be a resource for the entire DAO.

Thanks,

Vulkan

41 Likes

Reserving the first comment in case it’s needed in the future

4 Likes

Very cool! Next we put this and all DAO expenses on a website and vuala!

8 Likes

So great to see this get started, thank you Vulkan!

5 Likes

nice ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

2 Likes

Excellent! Thank you.

3 Likes

Thank you for the update, @Vulkan. It’s great to see that you are taking the initiative to track the progress of AIPs and keep the community informed. The AIP Milestone Tracker database looks very informative and useful. I appreciate your efforts and look forward to seeing the updates as you continue to build it out.

-Mr. Hype :fire:

5 Likes

Very good , loved it.

2 Likes

This is excellent work. Thank you.

2 Likes

As ALWAYS, you coming with the HEAT baby! Thank you so much SIR!

2 Likes

I have reviewed the different views of the database, including the Grid, Gantt Chart , and Timeline and it’s evident that You’ve put thought into presenting the information in a clear comprehensive manner. The DAO can leverage the data and insights gathered for the AIP Milestone tracker Database to make informed decisions and drive future initiatives within the ecosystem. By analyzing milestone achievements the community can evaluate proposal effectiveness, promote accountability and transparency. Thank You @Vulkan for your dedication and for taking the necessary steps to improve transparency and communication within the DAO. Indubitably, your effort will contribute to a massive growth of the ApeCoin DAO. More :fire:

3 Likes

This is great, I am working on a project similar to this which I finished setting up yesterday. Maybe that’s obsolete now :frowning:

I have the form for it ready, maybe you could repurpose it. I also have the list of all outgoing txns and the wallets which those grants were sent to. This can then be tied into seeing how the grant money was spent.

What I’d recommend adding is Expense reports which I have already integrated with this system. That way we can also publicly keep track of where the money was spent and add in a layer of accountability. Can expand this later to include staggered and KPI lead release of money.

What you’ll need then is a website template which takes in this data. I was working on something similar (for the reason stated above) and we can tailor it to your database and that’ll be up and running in no time.

I’ll be happy to help you with setting up both the expense tracker and the Website. Just let me know :triumph:

6 Likes

This is awesome and neatly done. Now we can follow up with the progress on the AIP’s have passed thru successfully :+1: :saluting_face:

2 Likes

Do you mean “keep track of where the money was spent” by the DAO, or by the recipients?

1 Like

Impressive initiative to track AIP milestones and keep the community informed and engaged, @Vulkan. I wonder if it’s possible for the authors to provide monthly updates about their progress.

2 Likes

Good Job! @Vulkan smashing some value in there as DAO Secretary already:)!

1 Like

By the Recipients of the Grants. So they don’t act like me in a candy shop : )

This is brilliant, thank you so much Vulkan!!

This information being publicly available helps so much with transparency & accountability, and will hopefully have ripple effects in allowing voters to feel more comfortable taking a chance on AIP authors if we have a more well known/documented success rate for proposal authors.

-Halina.eth :cherry_blossom:

4 Likes

Yes, monthly updates from authors is a great idea. I’ve been bouncing around a few ideas of where a good place to have these updates would be.

Possibly a separate thread here on Discourse where authors can post updates as needed, possibly a Twitter Space segment, possibly a channel in the Discord sever. Maybe a combination of these.

Do you have thoughts on where a good place to post these author updates would be?

7 Likes

My two cents, to keep things simple have the updates in the AIP thread. Means there is one place to see all the relevant information on an AIP.

3 Likes