@ApeForLife - Nomination 7/2023

PROBLEM SOLVING AND EFFICIENCY IMPROVEMENT

To further streamline the AIP process or processing time, the community can decide whether they want to add additional grounds on which Special Council could (or must) reject AIP’s, such as for example:

1. The AIP is too similar to a previous AIP that has already been rejected by community vote
  2. The AIP is not in the opinion of Special Council required by the community currently
  3. The AIP benefits a portion of the Ape ecosystem to the possible detriment of another portion thereof

There are in fact some AIP’s that have been rejected by community vote and are then resubmitted with a slight amendment only or a totally different proposer coming along a month or two later and submitting a similar proposal. The resubmission of proposals similar to rejected proposals can clog up the process. Similarly proposals that are frivolous or do not have sufficient merit, in Special Council’s opinion, can then be rejected on the basis that they are not required. I believe it is essential to make suggestions to what can be done to improve functionality in the AIP process and I will do this as often as I identify them, but it is up to the community to decide if they agree with such suggestions or proposals, as it is a democratic process. It is a journey of DAO we will all participate in to get the best groundbreaking DAO in place and every contribution will bring us closer to the end goal.

ISSUING OF DIRECTIVES BY SPECIAL COUNCIL

The community should also consider whether Special Council should not be given the ability to issue directives as to internal operations of the DAO that do not require spending proposals. If the Stewards or Facilitators for example make suggestions, as to making their operations more efficient, then if Special Council is also in agreement therewith, the suggestion could be formalised by publishing a Directive of the Special Council that is listed on Discourse under a heading of ‘Directives’. This might further reduce operational AIP’s and improve implementation times for ordinary practical decisions for the efficient working of the DAO.

DUTY

I hope this has provided a broader view of myself and the value I can bring in the position of Special Council. I wil regard this as a full time position if appointed and will appoint additional staff to my legal practice to keep it running while I fulfill my tasks as Special Council. I already have a qualified attorney working for me and my candidate attorney is currently writing the bar exams and will be a qualified attorney shortly too and can then also take over additional tasks. My role in the legal firm can thus be limited to owner alone for the next year or two if I am appointed to Special Council. The benefit to the DAO is thus also that I will still be able to tap into and make use of the resources available in my legal practice. I have been desirous of expanding my experience beyond private legal practice and this position offers the ideal opportunity for me to get further involved in the web3 space that I love. I will act prudently and objectively in this role, with a focus on ever improvement of the DAO and the protection of the Foundation’s custodial assets, while taking culture forward into the metaverse.

INTERVIEWS AND AIP

Here is the link to the Special Council Nominees Spaces that I participated in. I am referred to as RK in the Spaces Spotlight. Sharing my broader views on the Multi-metaverse and my other views. https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1lDGLngAZgqxm

Here is a link to a proposal that I have recently drafted, that if approved will speed up the time to get more efficient administrative practices in place. AIP-266: Authorise Special Council to issue Directives for more efficient DAO operation

Here is my answers to the Moca community questions, but very relevant to ApecoinDAO itself.

2 Likes