@hamman247 - Special Council Nomination 01/2024

Personal Information

Discourse ID: @hamman247

Twitter: https://twitter.com/hamman2471

Country of Residence: United States of America

Nomination Statement

Concise statement on why you are running for the Special Council

I want to grow the ApeCoin DAO into a sustainable organization that anyone can be a part of.

Motivation

Details on your motivation for becoming an ApeCoin DAO Special Council member

Web3 has been my primary focus for over 4 years. I want to be a part of the Web3 ecosystem in order to mutually benefit myself and everyone else involved. I believe that the ApeCoin DAO can use my experience in order to expand from a technical perspective. I want to see the DAO become a sustainable organization with multiple sources of income that can allow it to give even more back to the community in the long term.

I have Owned a Bored Ape Yacht Club NFT since 2022 and believe the Yuga ecosystem will continue to expand greatly, and I want to contribute to it however I can.

Rationale

Share relevant experience and skills that will bring value to the ApeCoin community

I have 3 years of experience developing and building blockchain-based platforms and protocols. I am very familiar with common smart contract standards and technical limitations, as well as DAO governance structures from many different organizations as both a user and a developer. I am experienced with performing complex data analysis and simulations to project how changes in certain factors can alter the internal dynamics of a system as a whole. For any proposals that require technical work I would oversee their production to ensure they meet the standards and requirements of the ApeCoin community. I bring a very critical and analytical perspective to the organization with a long-term outlook.

Specifications

Further describe relevant experience, including crypto and governance participation, and/or ideas for DAO improvement

I’ve been investing in web3 technologies since 2017. I was a developer for multiple DAOs on EVM compatible blockchains, such as WISE Token and BooFinance. I am familiar with Openzeppelin’s Governor smart contract standard, as well as Aragon and Compound DAO governance structures. I have also created and used Multisignature wallets for DAO governance.

I believe that the ApeCoin DAO should currently focus on creating useful products and services that can eventually return a profit to the DAO treasury. ApeChain would be a high priority in my opinion for this reason, but I’m unsure if the proposal by Polygon is truly what we’re looking for. I would also suggest an entire line of Ape-themed DeFi protocols and partnerships with existing DeFi protocols to offer more uses for ApeCoin to our holders. For example, partnering with a lending platform similar to AAVE to allow users to lend and borrow ApeCoin on their protocol, or creating our own protocol for this instead.

Concluding Statement

Summarize your statement as to why you are the best choice for Special Council

I have the technical and financial knowledge and experience to sustainably grow the DAO in the longterm for the benefit of the entire community.

5 Likes

Let’s Gooooo!!!

Please contact me on twitter or discord @hamman247 if you want to discuss anything.

(This space reserved for later)

1 Like

(This space reserved for later)

So what is your view on this question?

1. Expand Technical Leadership and Innovation

• Examine the future position of APE working with experts to determine the options to the community of what it should become? Should it remain as a token under Ethereum? A Layer 2 solution under Ethereum, such as suggested by Polygon? ApeChain on the Superchain (Optimism Foundation)? A Parachain under Polkadot? or something else.

1 Like

Hi @hamman247, I am asking all candidates the following same questions:

If elected, what is the one item you feel passionate about and would like to see accomplished during your tenure within the DAO?

What is an area of expertise that you will be bringing to the table?

Are there any factors in your life that may limit your time and ability to serve? (Running a business, extensive traveling, secret agent for the SEC, etc…)

What is your least favorite thing right now with our DAO in its current state?

Currently, many of the proposals are determined by large wallets, there are many grumblings about it though I stand neutral on this; if possible, would you change this? and if so, how and why?

Will you be an active participant in the DAO even if unelected?

Thank you and best of luck,

F/S

1 Like

Hi,

I believe that ApeChain should be a standalone blockchain that uses the EVM (Ethereum Virtual Machine), similar to chains like Polygon POS, Fantom, BNB chain, KAVA, etc. The reason for this is simple, the gas fees will be much lower and the maximum volume the chain can process will be higher than if we were to create a layer2 network.

Ethereum Layer 2’s like Arbitrum, Optimism, ZkSync, and Polygon ZkEVM currently verify all state-changes on the Ethereum mainnet. So, they are required to make periodic records on the Ethereum blockchain that require Ethereum gas fees. This is why these networks have notably higher gas fees than other standalone networks, even when they have very low volume. The primary benefit of these chains is the increased security that comes form having your data recorded on the Ethereum mainnet, but this can be done using a much simpler system if we really feel it’s necessary.

There is no perfect solution and we should prioritize some level of decentralization and security for the ApeChain, but we must also recognize the reasons why an ApeChain is necessary to begin with. The ApeChain was originally proposed by Yuga in response to the Otherside mint which literally overloaded the Ethereum blockchain and in many cases cost more in gas fees than the price of the mint itself. If we were to create a network that still needs to verified on the Ethereum mainnet, then it is likely that the gas fees on the ApeChain will still become prohibitively expensive under similar circumstances in the future. By creating our own separate network from Ethereum there are many mechanisms we can enact to dramatically increase the potential volume of transactions and reduce the fees for users at the same time, while still maintaining a high level of security for our users.

There will still need to be a connection between Ethereum, as well as many other blockchains, and the ApeChain which can be achieved using a variety of options. Including, Chainlink CCIP, Axelar, and a custom bridge created by our own organization. It may be possible for such a network to be a part of the Polkadot Parachain as well, this is not something I have considered, but I will look into It.

I hope this brings some clarity to my perspective on the ApeChain, and this issue as as whole.

1 Like

Hi @foxSlightly ,

There are many things in crypto and the ApeCoin ecosystem that I feel passionate about, but if I have to choose one then I would say that I feel very passionate about the need for an ApeChain that our community can use and have faith in. I hope that we can have this fully completed and running sometime next year. I’m honestly disappointed that it has taken this long for us to get to where we are regarding the ApeChain and I hope we can speed up the process, since this was first suggested by Yuga 1.5 years ago.

My background is as a blockchain and smart contract developer. I’m very comfortable in my knowledge and understanding of the intricacies of blockchain technology, and hope I can use this to expand the ApeCoin ecosystem from a technical perspective rather than an exclusively social/marketing approach.

While I do currently have a job working as a developer, I would immediately resign my position if I were to win the election for Special Council. Otherwise, I have no major obligations that should interfere with my ability to focus on my work for the DAO. I’m not working undercover for any organizations (as far as you know).

I really wish the DAO had more consistent and standardized public meetings that everyone could be a part of. Rather than relying upon third-party organizations like ApeComms to host most discussions about the DAO’s operations.

I understand the concern about the DAO being Monopolized by one or a few large holders, and the feeling that your vote is meaningless because someone else has more money to buy ApeCoin than you do. This is a very sensitive situation for all participants in the DAO. We must analyze the general incentive structure of the DAO to better understand this situation and how it affect ApeCoin Holders. If we were to effectively restrict the voting capacity of certain holders then those holders/Investors would be much more likely to sell their ApeCoin because they are treated in a way they may perceive as unfair, and they are simply receiving less benefits form their holdings and they may decide it’s not worth it. This is of course assuming we can limit them at all. If we limit voting to a maximum amount per wallet they can easily split their coins between multiple wallets, so that it becomes impractical to enforce such a rule. ApeCoin holders are theoretically supposed to benefit from whales buying more coins to increase their voting power in the DAO, but this is dependent upon many other factors. The best thing we can do to limit the capacity of certain large whales to determine the actions of the DAO is to encourage more people to participate in the community and to vote on more proposals or to delegate their vote to someone that will. So my answer is that I would not currently change anything about how votes are counted or who can vote, I would focus on encouraging more people to vote in general.

Yes, I hope to be actively involved in this community for many years whether I win or not.

Thank You
Hamman247

1 Like

I’ve known Hamman for over a year now, and he’s truly an outstanding individual. He’s gone out of his way to help both me and my communities in various challenging situations without expecting anything in return. His knowledge and character make him a fantastic candidate for the Special Council.

2 Likes

Hamman has an impressive technical background and is a great member in the community, super involved and friendly. Glad to have someone like him running for the SC. Best of luck Hamman!

1 Like