šŸ‘‹ Introduce yourself

Hi All
StoicDegen here. I have been in and around crypto for a while and NFTs more recently. I am a part of the singular generation that were born in an analog world but have grown up and transitioned into a digital world. As a part of this I enjoyed some of the iconic changes e.g. record to Walkmans to iPod/iPhone. I have always been fascinated with technology and its application. I believe that NFTs will the same kind of cultural phenomenon as the walkman or iPhone that will make crypto/blockchain more mainstream. I studied computer science at university but these days IRL I am in the insurance business.

I am interested in the application of insurance in web3, particularly as the incidences of hacks/fraud/theft arises - if you ever want to toss some ideas around let me know. DAOs, in general, I find pretty fascinating and via NFTs have been watching how this space develops as an ApeCoin holder, Pixel Vault Founders DAO member and Doodles/DoodleBank.

Also really into fitness (particularly CrossFit), stoicism and longevity - would love to find a way to bring all these passions together in Web3. You can find me on twitter at @st01c_io

Thanks

3 Likes

omg i just saw this and it made my morning. love you. drink some water and if you have any questions about Decentraland lemme know! i jus followed you, dm me your Wallet and ill send over a wearable for DCL :slight_smile: nice to meet you!

2 Likes

Elated Pixel here. :art: Artist (no NFT yet because of VR builds), :musical_note: musician (nothing yet because of - u guessed it - VR), dad, :memo:writer/interviewer, :building_construction: :house_with_garden: VR builder :sweat_smile: You think the VR thing shouldā€™ve gone first? Lol

3 Likes

Hi my name is Hansifer.

I have been an gamer all my life starting with Pokemon red and blue on the game boy. I started investing in APE recently and would like all the help with the community as best as best as i can. I would also like all references and friendly conversation rearguards to APE.

Thanks!

3 Likes

I have returnedā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹

2 Likes

Hello fellow members, im a pioneer and have a gaming personality.

1. My name is Johnny Camarillo, I usually go by Johnny

2. I Studied at Lambda University as a full web developer as of 2021 and love to code. I worked in a couple of startups as a web developing team front end and back end of course. Im also a digital artist and have developed a couple of NFTs. nothing as big as this community but hope i will one day.

3. I am resilient, hard working, love a challenge, long - term vision, ambitious, and hungry to jump into the unknown of the tech front.

4. My plans for the future is to hopefully contribute and have a voice for the community, and adding and giving value to this community and much more.

5. The DAO will be unique and one of its own trademarks. This is the future for technology and better solutions to current money problems, hopefully this creates a much faster and easier way to earn credits or as i call it money, capitalism, and so on. This will be universal and better for all as we create and pave the way for the metaverse. This can be our version of TRON.

Thank you and lets get this party startedā€¦ :wink:

6 Likes

Hello everyone!

My name is David. I studied CS but I regret it. Most of it was Java so it was no good. I love learning new things which is why I am here and been learning about Web3. But throughout time I learned that what interested me the most was the art and how useful it can be. I considered myself an artist but to be honest my self-esteem is very low when it comes to my art since I feel like is not within societyā€™s standards so I donā€™t want to be label as weird. Anyways, I here just to see artists create new innovative ideas from art to utilities, I hope that 1 day I save enough to launch my own but for now I can only study great projects. I like play games, specially FPS. Thatā€™s about it. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

4 Likes

Greetings Mortals,

Only been in the space for a few years but still much to learn with the evolving wonders of the Meta

Looking forward to the Future

ā€œBe Excellent to each other and PARTY ON DUDES!!ā€

In Frith

5 Likes

Hi my name is Kelly, as my understanding of web 3 was back to 2017 people start talking about blockchain, Ai and machine learning, not professional for this space however i have the good feelings for it; until early 2020 i finally have some time to start learn some new knowledge relating to digital finance, digital literacy, and data driving skills; investing in cypto, nft and without doubt Ape coin, :smile:
appreciate to have such open space to change idea and learn something passionate, have a good one, looking forward to see new topics :v:t5:

8 Likes

Hello Fellow Ape Community,

My name is Freddie. I am from the U.S. and I am fairly new to the digital world and web3. I first heard about digital currency around 2016. Unfortunately, due to my lack of knowledge about, I didnā€™t pursue it at the time. Over the past 6 months, however, I started doing my research and I was like, WOW!!! This is what it is all about. I still have a lot to learn and I hope to learn a lot from being a member of this community.

Over the years, I have done a little art. Mainly playing around with personal drawings here and there. I have never considered myself to be an artist though. I am not that much of a gamer (online) but I do have friends that are gamers . They seem to enjoy it and have been trying to get me to come aboard for quite some time now. Maybe one day I will. Iā€™ve got to crawl before I can walk, right? Of the many different projects that I have explored over the recent months, I must say, there is something about ApeCoin that I am drawn to. I like where it is going and I have enjoyed reading some of the ideas mentioned in the previous introductions.

The last thing I will leave you with for now is my interest in NFTs. I think the direction that the digital world is heading, NFTs are golden. I recently purchased 4 NFTs from Crypto.com NFT | Buy, Sell, Discover Exclusive Digital Collectibles. However, I want to withdraw them from my crypto.comā€™s wallet to my Metamask wallet but I am having the hardest time doing so. Some say itā€™s not possible and others say there is a way. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Nice to meet the ApeCoin community. I hope to continue to learn from you while sharing some personal insight and ideas.

Freddie

3 Likes

Hi Jacob. Itā€™s nice to meet you. My name is Freddie and I am fairly new to the digital world. I own a few ApeCoins and just recently bought my first NFTs (BAYC x3 and 1 MAYC). I am wondering. I bought the NFTs from Crypto.com NFT and now I want to withdraw them from their wallet to my MetaMask wallet. Do you have any idea how I might be able to do it, or if it is even possible? I am going to follow you on Twitter. Look for me @jonlam34_jones

Thanks a bunch,
Freddie

2 Likes

GM,

BiggaThanJesus here! Programmer and recently, a designer. New to the NFT world, but have been involved in the crypto space for a long time.

Only work a few days a month, so will be pretty immersed in the community over the next few months to learn as much as I can. Thereā€™s no better way to learn than to be hands on, so I canā€™t wait to create and help mold the community.

Super excited for the future. Love seeing the beginnings of the community and know this space will thrive.

Letā€™s get to work!

4 Likes

Hello :wave:
Nice to meet you everyone. I am an artist and also making my NFTs. But in the foundation stage.

I am very excited what APE coin and BAYC community future hold !!!
I am also HODLER of APE. :fist:
Future awaits, Guys !!

5 Likes

Hi Iā€™m liam
Iā€™m an knife engraver and laser engraving

3 Likes

Hi Iā€™m Jada very much into financing and anything to do with serving in the non profit housing field. Glad to be here and hoping to have meaningful conversations and learnings.

5 Likes

Hello guys!

Iā€™m a french Artist from Paris. Been working as a Director during 20 years in the TV & Music industry for different brands and Artists (Michael Jackson, Britney Spears, Pharrell, Muse among others).

I am now collaborating with Ai on my Hopium Collection.

If the Ape community has needs that I can provide, be sure I will.

Letā€™s keep building!
Hopium #7 NFT

4 Likes

I missed the boat. I seem to be always a step behind adventures like these. there was no happy accident. Iā€™m still trying to figure out this epic space. Iā€™m here to learn so i can get involved in the community and contribute. I love where this is all going. As of right now, Iā€™m priced out of pretty much everything. Hoping to get involved as far as I can before everything is unreachable. This is the future I believe in. Iā€™m all in.
As far as skills and characteristics, Iā€™m a Journeyman Millwright with no direct experience with Web3. Googling as I go. I love to create and fix by nature, hence my career as a millwright. I create sound bytes as a hobby (for my own entertainment. nothing is for sale because screw youtube, instagram, and all the other ā€œLOOK AT ME!ā€ platforms) I would love to share my work with you guys if it helps contribute to the community. just dont know how.

2 Likes

Hey there friend @L4Z3R37H ,

Highly recommend just googling some big names involved with the Web3 or just Web3 itself as it seems youā€™re already doing lol.

As always a great place to start would be here:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=vitalik+buterin+web3

Not only is VB incredibly knowledgeable, heā€™s always (mostly) only reputable platforms that can lead you to other great resources. Highly recommend slowly growing a list of people to keep watching on Twitter, it seems to be the most active platform for staying on top of the NFT space.

As for your sales, I highly recommend not promoting through the DAO, as this is not the purpose of the forums. Although who knows, we could create a space for creators that are apart of the DAO to show off their work, I believe this would be an incredibly dangerous idea to not only the integrity of the forum, but to avoid spam from outsiders only interested in cornering a bunch of people they know have cash and interest in digital works. This forum would be a cesspool of people trying to shill their projects and take away from the value of projects we want to facilitate through the DAO.

If you are looking to join the web 3 community the highest current marketplace cap is held by Opensea, where you can start getting really involved with exploring, buying, or selling NFTs. Gamestop, the store that we gave our games to in exchange for pennies years ago also is starting a marketplace and finally giving back to all the kids that got $.45 or sToRe CrEdIt. Immutible-X and Loopring also have communities as they are Layer 2s that are making minting cheap that can then be sent safely back to the Ethereum chain. There is also other L1s such as Solana with their own Layer 1 chain and NFT marketyplace. Heck, although itā€™s not for me, Coinbase.com even now has an NFT marketplace.

Check some of that out, and hope you are having fun. Iā€™m new to this too and itā€™s always amazing when I think I figured out something how many smart people can jump in and expand on that knowledge to a degree I didnā€™t even know existed.

Weā€™re all gonna make it, youā€™re still early :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@BiggaThanJesus

yeah. that came out wrong. Im not shilling. I donā€™t want to sell anything. Just share it. Hence why i asked if it helps contribute. I have a basic understanding of opensea, and as one can look I have nothing for sale there either. I wanā€™t to bring my work to this space and do cool stuff. Iā€™ve already read another topic on this exact thing since posting. I will be following along.

2 Likes

Howdy yaā€™ll. Steal Nephensonā€™s the name. To quote my tricky friend Nixon, I am not a crook.
If you donā€™t know about Degenā€™s I wrote the book.
All three in fact, just check my creds.
Donā€™t blame, donā€™t hate, donā€™t get shook donā€™t hack.
I was off my meds in the final act.
But Iā€™m happy to meet you, excuse me while a speed through, thatā€™s cool youā€™re confused, cause me too.
So you can blow my brains, but hold your reigns, cause Iā€™m a loaded mouth from the southwest plains, dropping hot stock tips and stealing lanes.

Cheers
Steal

1 Like