Naming of the Forum / Discourse / Discussion?

I realised we have 3 names we use in the community for the same thing.

I believe simplicity is key.

Discussion which when you click goes to the forum.apecoin.com which some people refer to as Discourse which is just the underlying tech of the forum.

We don’t refer to a website as AWS or the domain hosting provider. Why call the forum discourse? Also I personally think discourse sounds too much like Discord. Anyhow good to get community feedback.

What should be the naming standard for Discussion / Forum / Discourse?
  • Discussion
  • Forum
  • Discourse
0 voters
16 Likes

As I’ve looked around at other DAOs, Ive seen usage of the term Discourse used often. In our DAO conversations though, whether it be Spaces or messages, referring to it as the forums has worked out well. I recall Badteeth making a post about it too! I think he asked if we needed to make an official decree to only call it the forums lol. Heres his take on it: https://forum.apecoin.com/t/forum-discourse/12922

5 Likes

Thanks for the earlier link. Many good things mentioned before, when just need to get them implemented.

5 Likes

i think i like like forum better keeps it simple and serious

I really like the forum the most. As a new member, it just makes sense and makes it clear where to go for information whenever a member or someone else mentions the word “forum.”

3 Likes

I would prefer the forum option

1 Like

Forums all day!
everyday!

3 Likes

+1 Forum - More recognizable.

2 Likes

The forum sounds appealing, as it doesn’t have the same immediacy as Discord.

2 Likes

Forum sounds better to me, although Discourse would have also been cool. Let’s all vote our choices :wink:

2 Likes

I prefer to use discourse kinda sounds cool

I’d prefer the forum option, discourse sounds cool but forum sounds like it’s a meeting and that’s the idea

1 Like

Personally I chose calling it “Forum”.
I just don’t know why but it sits right with me better than calling it “Discourse” or “Discussion”

3 Likes

I think I discussion would be a better name, it sounds more user-friendly

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.