OtherSide & LOTM for PlayStation

I am opening the AIP idea to discuss about the development of LOTM and OtherSide for PlayStation 5 and possibly PlayStation VR2. I don’t know if it has been discussed already but I haven’t seen any discussion around this topic.

I usually play games on PS5 which lead me to this idea. Happy to speak more in detail.

Cheers.

Proposals submitted to the AIP Ideas category can be vague, incomplete ideas. Topics submitted here are not required to be submitted as a formal AIP Draft Template, however, you may still use the template if you wish.

1 Like

Hi 0xPointless.eth,

Thanks for sharing the idea. In case you are unaware, ApeCoin DAO is independent of Yuga Labs. Yuga Labs is a community member in the ApeCoin DAO and contributes to the APE ecosystem, but the ApeCoin DAO is not ran by Yuga Labs, and the ApeCoin DAO does not have the authority to make development decisions around Legends of the Mara or Otherside.

I think your idea is great, and worth discussing, but I just want to clarify that the DAO can’t make this decision - only Yuga (and Sony) can.

9 Likes

Hi Waabam!

I was aware but thanks for highlighting those dynamics again for everyone. I opened the AIP idea firstly to get the idea out of my system and share :smiley: , secondly, to create awareness over this topic so that maybe an AIP can be drafted for Apecoin DAO.

I thought maybe if apes push it hard, Yuga and even Sony can consider this perhaps. But if not, we’ll just make cool connections in the way <3

Cheers and thanks again for your rapid reply Waabam!

3 Likes

Playstation is a centralised company not having any plans to bridge to WEB3.
They work in a way of partnership.
And usually they the ones that approach to the developers. They don’t put AIPs - the don’t need it.
I think there is more opportunities for VR coding and design with getting approval for it.
From the other point Otherside its a YugaLabs development umbrella and funding. Im sure in 2 years they will look into it.

1 Like

Hi @0xpointless.eth,

Your topic will be moving to the AIP Draft phase in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received or do you wish to extend community discussion for another 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

-@Lost.Admin

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @0xpointless.eth,

Thank you for your ideas [and the ApeCoin DAO community for the thoughtful discussions].

A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @0xpointless.eth please see your messages for the next steps.

-@Lost.Admin

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

This Topic has been rejected based on the DAO-approved guidelines due to no response in the last 30 days. The Topic may be submitted again by any user and upon approval, will be open for 7 days for community discussions.

This Topic will move and remain in the Withdrawn AIPs category.

@Lost.Admin