- Governance Working Group Initiatives:
1. Discourse Administration
With Discourse being the platform in which our DAO facilitates the governance process, or AIP-1 , the Governance Working Group would oversee the administration and project management included in facilitating Discourse operations as outlined and budgeted in the Community Discourse Facilitators proposal authored by @Waabam (4/5/23) and would continue to:
- Provide operational support and project management support for the Foundation.
- Act as the team of moderators and administrators in Discourse.
- Act as the team of reviewers to prepare reports and any other supporting documentation necessary.
2. The Ape Assembly
The Ape Assembly is an electorate of the most highly active governance participants within the ApeCoin ecosystem. The Ape Assembly is an Initiative to be established within the scope of the Governance Working Group, which will be tasked with facilitating elections for Working Group Stewards. Voting within the Ape Assembly will be on a one vote per person basis with required proof of personhood.
The Ape Assembly can be thought of as a legislative shrewdness of ApeCoin token holders who meet regularly to discuss DAO-wide issues and collectively write AIPs to address them. This group primarily focuses on governance, coordination and transparency within the DAO.
To ensure participants in the Ape Assembly have the necessary prior experience with ApeCoin governance, we propose that members of the Ape Assembly should maintain the same DAO approved eligibility criteria in Working Group Zero from AIP-196: BORED AIP , including proof of personhood:
- $APE holders who have achieved Trust Level Status 2 (Member) or higher on the ApeCoin DAO Discourse; or
- $APE holders who have voted on at least 50% of the AIPs that have gone to Snapshot; or
- $APE holders with 50,000 APE or more in voting power and have voted on at least one AIP.
At present, this criteria represents ~500 $APE holders, or wallets. After proof of personhood criteria we expect this number to be lower.
As an Initiative within the scope of the Governance Working Group, the Ape Assembly would be compelled to request a budget and any potential for compensation from the Governance Working Group. The Ape Assembly may approve budgets for several committees, which are expected to form within the DAO.
3. The ApeCoin DAO Secretary
The ApeCoin DAO Secretary is considered an Initiative within the scope of the Governance Working Group. The Secretary acts as an oversight and accountability role to enhance inter-DAO communications amongst Working Groups, the Special Council, and with the DAO as a whole.
- The Ape Assembly shall convene to elect an individual who will serve as the Secretary of the DAO.
- The Secretary is subject to the same Removal and Replacement rules ratified above.
- The Secretary would have term limits subject to the discretion of the Ape Assembly.
- As an Initiative within the scope of the Governance Working Group, the DAO Secretary would be compelled to request a budget and compensation from the Governance Working Group.
- Eligible members of the ApeCoin DAO may not hold either a Steward role, Special Council Role, or DAO Secretary role concurrently.
The responsibilities of the Secretary include, but are not limited to:
- Managing a DAO-wide calendar;
- Managing a DAO-wide organization chart;
- Publishing a monthly ApeCoin DAO Transparency Report;
- Publishing an annual ApeCoin DAO Progress Report;
- Attending Working Group meetings where possible and ensuring meeting summaries are posted in the APE governance forum;
- The Secretary will attend at least one meeting weekly with each Working Group where possible;
- Assisting Stewards with coordination challenges within Working Groups;
- Participating in a bi-weekly coordination call, held with the Leads from each Working Group, to align broader DAO strategy.
- Acting as a multi-sig signer for Working Groups.
As one of the elected Working Group Zero Stewards and a champion of this proposal, @Vulkan is proposed as the DAO Secretary subject to the term limits set by the Ape Assembly upon inception.