AIP-145: Forever Apes // Upgrade #2 // First Trip, LEGO Edition

Forever Apes // Drop #2 // First Trip, LEGO Edition

Category: Core: Brand Decision

Submitted by: Forever Apes (Team:@12GAUGE, @Brazy)

ABSTRACT

This proposal presents the idea that we should expand our community with a social campaign that allows all those who participate to be eligible for a free-to-claim LEGO BrickHeadz instructions produced by the Forever Apes team.

Via our retweet claim portal, anyone who retweets our curated @ApeCoin tweet is eligible to claim digital instructions and part list for a custom designed BrickHeadz. LEGO bricks will be available for purchase online. Completion of these unique ApeCoin instructions will unlock a series of future drops and the community will be rewarded for their participation… WTF IS A KODA?

(EXAMPLE - NOT USING CURTIS)

MOTIVATION

We all know it’s a bear market, but we’ve been building, and feel like you should too!

(EXAMPLE - NOT FINAL DESIGN)

RATIONALE

As community members ourselves, we strive to create shared experiences, products, and moments that bring the community closer together. Aside from both encouraging and rewarding holders of $APE, we want to continue to grow the community and social influence through a series of adventures.

SPECIFICATIONS

Although we have a series of products planned, this AIP outlines one of our many products, the LEGO BrickHeadz.

1. BrickHeadz -
  • Roughly 150 LEGO bricks (sold separately)
  • Professionally designed LEGO replica
  • Custom illustrated and designed instructions
  • Part list included
  1. Additional digital experiences included -
  • AR filter of the BrickHeadz

STEPS TO IMPLEMENT

Create a retweet claim portal - We want to expand our community, we will amplify ApeCoin’s presence on twitter by social gating these instructions and making them accessible to anyone who retweets “Im building with @ApeCoin, and you can too! - (link to claim portal)”

Obtain IP rights - We will reach out to appropriate parties to obtain permission for usage.

Finalize Design - We have made significant headway, however final designs have not yet begun.

Pre release - Leading up to the release, we would like to communicate with the community via a series of 3 tweets from the ApeCoin Twitter account.

• [Teaser] During our creative process, show a sneak peak of the designs

• [Claim Update] 1 Week prior to claim to let community know of upcoming claim date

• [Claim Live] Day of claim, let community know claim is live

• Creative graphics and copy will be supplied for each tweet.

• Steps To Completion

1. Retweet / claim portal [NOT STARTED]
  2. Obtain IP rights [NOT STARTED]
  3. Finalize design [IN PROGRESS]
  4. Pre release Twitter content [NOT STARTED]

TIMELINE

Once the DAO approves this grant, Forever Apes is positioned to implement these steps at once. Design will continue immediately.

The estimated timeline for the above steps is as following -

1. Retweet / claim portal [2 Weeks]
  2. Obtain IP rights [2 Weeks]
  3. Finalize design [4 Weeks]
  4. Claim launch [4 Weeks]

OVERALL COST

This section highlights the rough cost structure for the LEGO BrickHeadz instructions which includes all sectors of the project including creative, design, print, web, materials, and fulfillment.

Please see the attached document for the cost breakdown.

Total Estimate: $0

7 Likes

This is really really cool! I touched on this during our Twitter Spaces, but I think it’s really cool that you guys are incorporating a social media campaign into this AIP.

With 0 cost to the DAO, and an impactful marketing program, this is a very easy yes vote from me. :slight_smile:

Thank you for building on top of the ApeCoin ecosystem, I look forward to more creative proposals like this one from the ForeverApes team. :raised_hands:

7 Likes

Very cool idea, I only see positives here!

8 Likes

Thanks so much for the positive vibes guys, and glad we could win you over @giacolmo.eth :smile:

5 Likes

Agreed with everyone ahead of me; I can only see upside here. Voted!

5 Likes

All my pleasure :smile: . Good job!

5 Likes

If your team and the founders can make this happen for us…I want one. Love this opportunity to get Curtis involved. And I would like a smol Lego keychain version too, just want to leave that out there.

-Lost
:gorilla::orange_heart:

4 Likes

Thanks for the support, unfortunately I’ve recently heard back from Yuga and Curtis is a no go. However, they do love the idea.
The plan was for completion of Curtis to lead into a Koda kit… so that kinda sucks. BUT, who do you think would make good replacements? Founders? PPMan? Thoughts?

5 Likes

Really appreciate the openness here ! Let’s go for the founders then! I’m honestly torn between managers or mods… community council… HERB ?!

We’re going to need more Lego.

:gorilla::orange_heart:

4 Likes

haha, lots more on the way ser :saluting_face:
Gotta stay busy between these trips!

3 Likes

Love the Lego Apes and the social media campaign concept for claiming!

Would there be any limit to the number of people who could claim the instructions? Also, is there a specific kit of Legos that we would need to buy, and would we need to buy multiple kits in order to obtain all the parts necessary to build the Ape? Would these parts be generally available and easy to find (on Amazon or Target for example), and how easy would it be for me to customize the Lego Ape I build (for example building a pink ape by substituting all the blown fur Lego parts with the same parts in pink)?

Thanks for your patience with all my Lego noob questions, and thank you so much for the amazing projects you’re building for our ecosystem!

-Halina.eth :cherry_blossom:

4 Likes

Limit - No limit, open to anyone who retweets and helps grow ApeCoin

The LEGO - A parts list would be included, all these pieces are available for purchase on the official LEGO website as individual pieces. Depending on the demand, in the future we could create a custom box and include the whole kit inside, but will require more resources.

Customization - We will offer 1:1 LEGO instructions for ANY NFT, just need to work through some of those details as it will be an added cost to the customer.

6 Likes

Love this idea, it promotes more participation from the community and potentially outside of it increasing the overall influence/impact the DAO has at a reasonable cost. Great work!

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @12GAUGE,

Your topic will be automatically closing in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received, or do you wish to extend community discussion for a further 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

-Escape

4 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 24 hours.

Appreciate everyones feedback, excited to move forward with this AIP.

3 Likes

Thank you @12GAUGE for your ideas and the ApeCoin DAO community for the thoughtful discussions. A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @12GAUGE please see your messages for the next steps.

-Escape

3 Likes

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@12GAUGE has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

1 Like

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

Our team has reviewed and discussed @12GAUGE’s AIP Draft and have sent a list of initial questions. We await answers.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson