AIP-150: Forever Apes // Upgrade #4 // ApeCoin Capsules Vol.1

Forever Apes // Upgrade #4 // ApeCoin Capsules Vol.1

Category: Core: Brand Decision

Submitted by: Forever Apes (Team:@12GAUGE, @Brazy)

ABSTRACT

This proposal presents the idea that the Forever Apes team produce 1000 ApeCoin Capsules. Contents include 4 stickers, 1 patch, and 1 poster.
FREE to claim (plus shipping) to anyone with 20 $APE in their wallet. We believe this encourages token accumulation, furthers $APE brand recognition IRL, and reduces unauthorized sales via unofficial channels. We are requesting roughly 3800 $APE and use of the ApeCoin logo to do this.

• 250 Capsules will be reserved for giveaways to encourage DAO participation.
  • 1 Capsule per wallet / physical address.

(POSTER DESIGN)

AUTHOR / TEAM DESCRIPTION

Brazy and 12GAUGE // Ben Wadolowski & Treven LePage, We co-founded a digital agency and grew it to 30+ people before stepping away last in 2021 to focus on web3. A Creative Director, Brazy has 15+ years of experience in graphic design. 12GAUGE has a background in Video Production and has been actively producing digital media for 10 years.
Brazy portfolio
12GAUGE Portfolio

MOTIVATION

We are a proud bunch, and following some great patches from Apefest and recent BAYC x McBess x The Dudes collab, the community is looking for a tasteful way to rep ApeCoin.

However, lack of official supply has resulted in improper and illegal representation of the brand on sites like redbubble.com . A quick search will net you 231 results, and they aren’t flattering.

(Redbubble.com search results - BAD)

(BAYC x McBess x The Dudes Collab - GOOD)

RATIONALE

We need to protect our IP. Stickers and patches are the perfect way to spread some ApeCoin love but lack of an official sales channel has resulted in disgraceful imitations via unauthorized websites. The Forever Apes team will produce 1000 capsules and give our community an official outlet to rep ApeCoin.

SPECIFICATIONS

Capsules will be available for claim on the Forever Apes Shopify website with tokenproof integrated authentication. We are absolutely willing to perform a 3rd party audit if required.

1. Capsule Contents

• 1 Poster
    • 11x17" dimensions (common frame size)
    • 20pt heavy weight silk laminate soft-touch stock

• 4 Stickers
    • Weather proof vinyl to survive the elements
    • Heavy adhesive for durability
    • Custom diecut

• 1 Patch
    • Custom high-detail
    • Durable and high quality
    • Adhesive backing for easy application

(POSTER DESIGN)

STEPS TO IMPLEMENT

Forever Apes has proven we are a strong design team and are fully capable of creating a capsule pack people will enjoy. We would also like to extend an invite to any / all DAO members who would like to submit sticker designs. These community members will be compensated for approved designs.

TIMELINE

Once the DAO approves this AIP, Forever Apes is positioned to implement these steps at once. Design will begin immediately.

The estimated timeline for the above steps is as following -

1. Capsule design + production [4 Weeks]
  2. Launch + Claim [5 Weeks]

OVERALL COST

This section highlights the rough cost structure including collaborations, design, web, and organization.
100% ApeCoin payment would be preferred.

Please see the attached document for the cost breakdown.
Budget Breakdown

Total Cost: $23,000 USD PAID IN $APE

9 Likes

Love the idea. Also could bring potential cash flow to the DAO when structured properly to receive funds (with a sub-DAO or a different legal entity). Also for the first 100 there’s no cost to the DAO and if there’s more demand we can be flexible and move forward with another AIP. Forever Apes are providing value and giving more than what they’re taking, would be a yes for me. Great work!

7 Likes

Thanks @Moonlyght , appreciate the support!

5 Likes

A 100 capsule run, at no cost to the DAO seems like a win-win scenario. I’d personally love a jacket full of authorized Ape / BAYC patches.

And leveraging the community (for a second run?) of collab patches is :pinched_fingers:

7 Likes

Hi @12GAUGE,

Your topic will be automatically closing in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received, or do you wish to extend community discussion for a further 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

-Escape

1 Like

Content. Thanks @Escape

2 Likes

Thanks so much for your proposal! I think this is a great idea! Sorry I’m late to respond.

Those designs on redbubble are horrible! I definitely agree that we need to protect our IP and think well designed stickers and patches would be awesome!

I have a few questions/comments.

How are you deciding who will have access to the initial 100? Would it be through a raffle, first come first served, or some other way? I have a feeling they might be in high demand. Would not be opposed to a grant to produce more.

Figuring out a way to return profits to the DAO might take some time or may not be a viable option considering the regulatory environment. What are your plans for any profits that would be generated before a way is figured out or if the DAO is unable to accept them?

Who would be determining the approved designs? Have you thought about having a contest to get submissions from the community? @0xSword is in the process of finding artists for a POAP contest. I think it’s a great way to get more people interested in the ecosystem.

Thanks again for this idea, and looking forward to your reply!

8 Likes

Love the questions @adventurousape , thanks!

How are you deciding who will have access to the initial 100? Would it be through a raffle, first come first served, or some other way? I have a feeling they might be in high demand. Would not be opposed to a grant to produce more.

First come first serve, our goal with this AIP is to once again gain the design trust of the community. We also believe they will go quick but could keep this as an open run. We are mindful of asking multiple grants so soon. Fire arrows, then cannonballs.

Figuring out a way to return profits to the DAO might take some time or may not be a viable option considering the regulatory environment. What are your plans for any profits that would be generated before a way is figured out or if the DAO is unable to accept them?

We have thought about this, with profits received we will allocate towards a second drop without having to ask for another grant from the DAO.

Who would be determining the approved designs? Have you thought about having a contest to get submissions from the community? @0xSword is in the process of finding artists for a POAP contest. I think it’s a great way to get more people interested in the ecosystem.

I love the idea of the contests and have volunteered to help Sword, although it adds another couple months to an already slow moving process. That being said we have a pretty incredible existing artist community to pull from and are always looking for new talent.

Thanks!

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thank you @12GAUGE for your ideas and the ApeCoin DAO community for the thoughtful discussions. A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @12GAUGE please see your messages for the next steps.

-Escape

2 Likes

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@12GAUGE has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

1 Like

@12GAUGE has responded to our questions and they are in our review once again.

Kind Regards,

-Escape

2 Likes

After review, this Topic submitted by @12GAUGE has been Returned for Clarification. The ApeCoin Special Council waits for answers, and the community will be notified whenever the author responds.

Kind Regards,

-Escape

2 Likes

Hi ApeCoin Community,

@12GAUGE has updated their proposal! You can check out the changes by clicking on the pencil icon on the right side of the topic.

- river

@12GAUGE has responded to the Special Council’s questions and they are in our review once again.

Kind Regards,

-Escape

1 Like

@12GAUGE I was wondering if there was a recap of all the Forever Apes things. For someone like me who joined a bit later I think there could be a lot of benefit to being able to see the steps taken by Forever Apes.

When I think about the work we do at ApeCoin it isn’t just to better our own ecosystem but to serve as a spot of inspiration for other communities too.

I think a blueprint to execution from the team could have benefits to other communities and be a different way that shows the value of participating in our ecosystem.

Just a morning thought :coffee:

4 Likes

Hey Anaroth, can’t speak for @12GAUGE but you can check their website at https://foreverapes.io/ were they showcase some of the things they have built and are building!

Thanks @Anaroth , could ask the same for you and Atrium! Very compelling team and projects you guys have over there.

Appreciate the kind words, we are actually in the process of a website redesign at the moment, but as im sure you know your own stuff always takes a back seat. To be honest, both @Brazy and myself are still figuring out where we fit in this DAO. As we find our north star over the next few months I think that will become clear to us.

Great idea though, case studies and examples could be a great way to get people to think outside the box, perhaps integrate certain elements they didn’t think about and position themselves for the best shot at success.

2 Likes

I think we might be overdue for a call together. :saluting_face:

1 Like