Forever Apes // Upgrade #5 // Apes In the Wild, Global Street Art Initiative
Category: Core: Brand Decision
This proposal presents the idea that the Forever Apes team including Erod.eth produce and document global street art installations. We will facilitate future art installations and a series of graffiti contests. Our community has changed lives through these murals and we should be proud of these stories. We will document this campaign and artist’s stories through a series of mini-docs (think vice) and not let them get lost in the noise.
Additionally we will consolidate all new and existing street art on an Otherside inspired website. We believe this will grow ApeCoin brand awareness IRL as well as digital and traditional media. We will continue to positively impact emerging artists and give $APE holders a reason to explore a world of art they didn’t know existed. We are requesting a grant from the ApeCoin DAO to do this.
(BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA)
Eddy Rodriguez (Erod) and his team have helped create some incredible street art in Latin America. These murals have made a meaningful change in these artist’s lives and communities. For some it has led to sustainable web3 careers and even resulted in home ownership. Our community reaches far beyond pixels on a screen, however many of these stories and paintings go unseen. During this bear market, pockets are understandably tight and this grant will allow us to continue giving back to these artists.
(COMUNA 13, COLOMBIA)
Following the ethos of Yuga, web3 is a space where everyone can create together on one team. This is an opportunity to welcome non crypto natives and show normies that we can create s#!t that makes a difference. We will tokenize these murals and onboard artists safely into web3 while addressing lack of visibility by consolidating ALL new and existing Yuga street art into an Otherside inspired map. Featuring artist info, coordinates, and details this will give these artists a platform for new opportunities. We will amplify discoverability via traditional and new media. Additionally, mural visitors will be rewarded via Thank Ape for sharing their discovery.
(MOCK UP - NOT FINAL DESIGN)
(MOCK UP - NOT FINAL DESIGN)
We will continue to create street art globally, and through Eddy’s extensive network we will organize a series of graffiti contests. Focusing on developing countries to maximize our efforts we will help emerging artists and change lives. We will document the process with the first of its kind “ApeCoin original content”. Powered By ApeCoin, these mini-docs will tell the stories of these artists, what these paintings mean to them, and show the world that we can bring color and happiness to these places.
(BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA)
- Web Showcase
- Design and development by our in house team
- Web portal to host coordinates and details of ALL Yuga (and shuttle friends) street art
- Updated monthly (for 1 year) with new locations
- Continue Mural Installations
- Minimum 4 Quarterly competitions
- Ongoing mural production
- NFT owners to partially fund installations, subsidized by grant, facilitated by Forever Apes & Co.
- Art installations consisting of Yuga + shuttle friends (BAYC, MAYC, Punks, Meebits, Kodas, Cool Cats, WOW, Taodz, and Nouns).
- All murals to be designed with “Powered By ApeCoin” and / or ApeCoin logo
- Collectable POAPs via object recognition filters
- Replicate murals in Otherside when possible
- To be featured in Nylon, Vice, and more
- Original ApeCoin Content
- Filmed and produced by our in house video team
- Minimum 4 Mini docs (3-5min)
- 1 Full length piece (15min)
- Shareable social cuts
- Promoted via official ApeCoin channels on all social platforms
- Digital and traditional media promoting ApeCoin stories
- Submit for awards
Web design and development - Rather than searching for a Banksy, seek out Apes. Explore more.
Organize further mural sites - Liaise with local artists, secure additional mural locations. Change lives.
Digital assets - Packaged for all platforms, our PR team will take them to the world stage. Tell stories.
Onboard our artists - Help secure a sustainable future, introduce artists into web3 using the assets Boring Security has created. Web3 safely.
Find and share - Support the artist and the mission. Powered by Thank Ape.
We would like for these assets to live on the official ApeCoin YouTube channel. We are requesting permission to create this and share ownership with the future ApeComms Team.
Once the DAO approves this AIP, Forever Apes & Co. is positioned to implement these steps at once. Design and development will begin immediately.
The estimated concurrent timeline for the above steps is as following -
- Approve next mural site [6 Weeks]
- Source artist [6 Weeks]
- Web portal [8 Weeks]
- First graffiti competition [8 Weeks]
- First Mural design [9 Weeks]
- First Digital assets [12 Weeks]
- Spray paint sponsor ie. Montana Black / Loop / Krylon
- Partner with businesses in the area. “To-dos while in this area”
- Content monetization (Twitter / YouTube)
Eddy - has personally organized 150 murals in 5 different countries and has an extensive network throughout Latin America.
Brazy and 12GAUGE - We co-founded a digital agency and grew it to 30+ people before stepping away last year to focus on web3. A Creative Director, Brazy has 15+ years of experience in graphic design. 12GAUGE has a background in Video Production and has been actively producing digital media for 10 years.
Portfolios below, case studies upon request.
This section highlights the rough cost structure including collaborations, design, development, production, and PR.
100% ApeCoin payment would be preferred.
No action outside of the grant will be required from the Ape Foundation, however any twitter exposure is appreciated.
Please see the attached document for the cost breakdown.
Total Estimate: 41000 $APE