AIP-179: NFTCG Generation 2 - ApeCoin DAO Physical & Digital Trading Card Game

Hi all,

Wanted to quickly highlight the pitch deck we have added to our proposal (near the bottom). Any feedback is highly encouraged and much appreciated! We hope you will share our AIP with your friends as well. Linking the pitch deck in this comment as well for easier access. Looking forward to hearing from everyone!

NFTCG AIP Pitch Deck.pdf (1.3 MB)

Best Regards,
Cyrus / Lycaon

3 Likes

Happy Holidays to the Ape DAO, big updates on the way as we approach new years!

Here is a work in progress snapshot of the revamped card design as we test color pallets. :eyes:

5 Likes

gm gm @Lycaon.eth

I just re-read your pitch-deck and wanted to ask about IP rights (apologies if already answered somewhere).

• How will you obtain the IP rights for each BAYC NFT?
  • Will you utilize any existing licensing contracts from a Bored Jobs or similar Bored Ape venture?

Unlike the Moonbirds, BAYC and MAYC are not CC0 and so the use of images will require permission from token holders

• Is this where your raffle comes in?
  • Will the holders of the 55 images be compensated in some manner?

Look forward to learning more about this fascinating industry.

Updated cards look great - cheers

SSP :v:t4:

4 Likes

Hey @ssp1111,

Extremely appreciative of your activity throughout the AIP thus far! I love to hear that you like the updated cards as well. The teaser image is just a rough draft, and will be improved upon in the next few days.

Happy to answer your questions below:

1. IP rights for each NFT used will be assigned in two ways. As for the community leaders we plan to include in the collection, they will be contacted and asked to sign a simple contract to have their BAYC IP rights to their specific Ape usable by NFTCG, for this Generation 2 drop only. If these community members prefer not to include their Ape in the collection, we will reach out to other community leaders as backups.
    Our raffle will handle the IP rights of all other Apes. Upon entering the raffle, there will be a statement included highlighting that by entering the raffle, a holder is agreeing to allow their entered BAYC’s IP rights to be included in NFTCG Generation 2. Winners of our raffle will be informed that their ape has been selected, and given an opportunity to give up their spot if they would prefer to exclude their ape from the collection. Just a reminder that all Apes included in the collection will have their selected Ape’s OpenSea page linked to each printed copy of their card, increasing the exposure for these individual users, and the BAYC collection as a whole.

2. In regards to compensation for the holders of the 55 designs used, we took adept time considering how we wanted to handle this. We originally planned on allocating the 5% of sales granted to the APE DAO to the individual owners of the BAYC designs. However, upon discussion with some leaders within the BAYC community, we felt the funds would be given a more beneficial use if allocated to the entire APE DAO ecosystem as a whole. This fund allocation is flexible depending upon what the APE DAO community would like, so please feel free to provide feedback!

Looking forward to answering any more questions you might have for us! For anyone else reading this comment, please don’t be shy, and leave your thoughts on where you think the 5% revenue grant should be allocated in the comments! Thanks, and have a happy holidays!

3 Likes

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@Lycaon.eth has updated their Draft and it is in our review once again. You can check out the changes by clicking the pencil icon at the top right of the post.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

3 Likes

Hi all,

I wanted to quickly highlight the major changes we have made to the AIP. First off and most importantly, we have updated graphics and finalized card designs. We also have a video breaking down our proposal by going through our slide deck and explaining each slide.

We would love to hear any feedback from the community regarding these updates or our overall proposal. Thanks everyone!

Best,
Lycaon

5 Likes

@Lycaon.eth has updated their Draft. You can check out the changes by clicking the pencil icon at the top right of the post.

Kind Regards,

-river

3 Likes

Happy New Years everyone!

Wanted to provide some clarification regarding our most recent update. We are introducing a new team member who will be responsible for the digital and physical card designs and illustrations, Nate. His prior experience and bio is presented under “TEAM DESCRIPTION”. We also provided some further clarification on how we think our proposal will benefit $APE, as suggested by some community leaders. Lastly, I have provided an updated image of the new and improved NFTCG card breakdown. We really hope you all enjoy these updates, and we are looking forward to hearing any more feedback the community may have for us as we wait for any further updates from the ApeCoin DAO team!

Best Regards,
Cyrus / Lycaon

3 Likes

We have sent a list of follow up questions to the author

Kind Regards,

- river

4 Likes

This starts to give me Hearthstone vibes, which over time would open up campaigns and launch videos, story development, community tournaments etc. And to our point in an ApeComms spaces a few months back its something that can grow and evolve as the community does too.

3 Likes

Hey @Anaroth ,

Very well put, this Generation 2 proposal is the first of many steps as we intend to grow and develop alongside the community. “Hearthstone vibes” is also a great comparison in framing future NFTCG implementation as a digital game that is tied to the physical cards.

Loving the input!
Thomas/Drebin

2 Likes

First post. Been a member & lurker since the forum launched, finally participating.

Just want to say though I’m not target audience I do like the idea and appreciate the level of detail and quality in the presentation.

IRL I see a lot of pitch decks by ppl looking for funding, and the vast majority don’t look or read half as good as this one.

Cheers and good luck!

5 Likes

Hey @br00no,

We consider the pitch deck a core piece of our proposal, and made sure to spend adept time making it easily readable and engaging. It’s truly rewarding to see community members such as yourself highlight the work we put into it, so thank you for the kind words!

I would love to know any thoughts you have regarding what our proposal might be missing that could further engage you to the proposal. Making our proposal appeal to all is obviously near impossible to do, however we would love to try our best to grow our target audience.

Thanks again for the kind words, and looking forward to hearing back from you!

Best Regards,
Cyrus / Lycaon

4 Likes

Hi Cyrus.

If it all goes through I’ll participate the best I can, because Apes, though normally I’m way out of the loop on collectibles and card games. For that reason I can’t offer informed feedback on that aspect as others have, or connect personally with the idea.

What I’m into is anything that helps build a bridge to the “real” world and trad-fi for ApeCoin and the good that can come from crypto and a miracle NFT project / community like BAYC. I believe your project would do a bit of that, and obviously you know this niche, are passionate about it, and did a lot of research.

That good stuff’s always worth supporting.

3 Likes

Hey @br00no,

Thank you so much for your support. To your point, a massive motivation behind this proposal is to bridge the trading card game world with the NFT space. We also believe that there is a bit of a disconnect within the NFT space on a project to project basis. Because of this, we want to build bridges and partnerships between different NFT projects through future NFTCG collection collaborations. All of these plans, of course, utilizing the exclusive ApeCoin payment system proposed in this AIP. Thanks again for your support!

Best,
Cyrus

4 Likes

Hey ApeCoin Community,

@Lycaon.eth has made updates to their proposal. You can check out the changes by clicking the pencil icon at the top right of the post.

- river

3 Likes

Hey all,

Wanted to provide some clarification regarding the most recent proposal changes. We managed to get some development and labor work done in house and ahead of time, as well as received a discounted rate from our booster pack and card manufacturer since we are officially partnered with them. This allowed us to drop our proposal cost from the original $66,352 USD to $55,885 USD.

As we await for any further questions from the ApeCoin team, we would love to hear more feedback and suggestions from the community!

Best Regards,
Cyrus

4 Likes

Thank you for passing on the price reduction. Lower costs or cost savings are always welcome in a project.
Love it! :raised_hands:t3:

5 Likes

Glad to hear you are a fan of the price reduction! Hoping to have your support when it comes time for our Snapshot voting phase! :handshake:

Best Regards,
Cyrus / Lycaon

5 Likes

Yes of course you will have my support.!

“For All Ape Kind”

Best Regards
Lars

3 Likes