AIP-246: Working Group Charter - Marketing & Communications

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@ssp1111 has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

@Lost.Admin

First of all, Calling it MarComms sounds much more tacticool

This process can be streamlined with creating automated integrations to track the inflow, activity and ToT of those enquiries, Iā€™m open to talk more on that

How does the WG plan on tracking these metrics?

Love this :sparkling_heart:

So basically provide new members with the lore, sort of like what manga is to anime.

ā€œHereā€™s the context to everything we talk about, go figureā€

The marcomms WG would act as a communication link between the Stakeholders and among all of the other things you put forward, tend to issues put forward by them.

1 Like

letā€™s hire threadguy

Our team has reviewed and discussed @ssp1111ā€™s AIP Draft and have sent a list of initial questions. We await answers.

Kind Regards,

@Lost.Admin

1 Like

How come itā€™s $0 when there are 3 stewards? Do stewards decide on their own salary and propose that as part of a budget?

1 Like

Hey @Sasha,

Yes, you are correct. The strategy is to get this initial concept of the Working Groups shared, discussed, iterated on and passedšŸ¤žšŸ¾ ā€“ and leave it to the qualified individuals elected to do the heavy lift on deliverables including budgets.

Personally, I think this WG is the most all-encompassing and will require a lot more coordinated involvement from the community in order to hit the milestones in the charter.

SSP :call_me_hand:t4:

4 Likes

@ssp1111 has responded to our questions and they are in our review once again.

Kind Regards,

@Lost.Admin

1 Like

Great job, @ssp1111 & @Adz. My suggestion, is that you incorporate or include a section on the key performance indicators (KPIs) that will be utilized to evaluate the accomplishment of the marketing and communications initiatives. It will make it easier to monitor progress and show how the Working Groupā€™s efforts have been successful. Transparency is promoted, and the results of the Working Groupā€™s actions are made clear by regularly updating the community on these indicators.

3 Likes

GM @apboatt and thank you for the thoughtful comment! :purple_heart:

Youā€™re absolutely right that there is a need for KPIs that will hold the Working Group to account.

What weā€™re proposing to do until August is core foundational work for each of these areas (hence the very high level OKRs). One of the key outputs will be the 12 month Marketing Plan.

This deliverable would set out the strategy, marketing objectives (linked back to delivering overall DAO objectives), target audience work, content / activity pillars, channel priorities, budget, and a full list of detailed, time-bound, and measurable OKRs.

This list of OKRs could include some of the following headline areas:

Conversion:

• Increase the number of unique wallets holding ApeCoin
  • Increase the number of funded projects / builders building

Engagement:

• Increase the number of AIPs submitted
  • Achieve community-led brand activations
  • Increase in Discord engagement
  • Increase in Social engagement

Awareness:

• Grow our Twitter following
  • Drive Website traffic
  • Achieve media mentions / features
  • Participate in Web3 events
  • Secure strategic partnerships

But it feels a little pre-emptive to set them out before this foundational work is complete.

Does that make sense?

5 Likes

Absolutely, it makes perfect sense. Focusing on the core foundational work and developing the 12-month Marketing plan before setting specific KPIā€™s is a logical approach.This approach will ensure that the KPIā€™s are based on a solid foundation and will effectively measure the success and impact of the marketing and communications initiatives. Thanks for replying, It gave me further insights.

4 Likes

Really appreciate you engaging with the topic. Thank you. :purple_heart:

Please keep the questions coming!

1 Like

I havenā€™t kept up with him in a long time, why do you think we should get him ? Iā€™d love to know, Heā€™s a friend of mine

Youā€™re absolutely on point, @CEOofWeb3.0.

Really appreciate you engaging with this and sharing your perspective. The DAO is incredibly lucky to have a passionate builder not just coming with ideas but also ready to build them!!! :mechanical_arm:

On the KPI question, thatā€™s something we need to get set up in this first foundational phase. Would be awesome if you were involved in that somehow. :blue_heart:

1 Like

Love to hear that, Iā€™m just doing my part.

Sure Thing Adz, Iā€™d love to contribute in whatever way I can. Hit me up on the Disc DMs and weā€™ll get the conversation up and running. Discuss ideas and the whole 9 yards.

Have an awesome day :saluting_face:

1 Like

We have no further questions for @ssp1111. This AIP is now under Administrative Review.

Kind Regards,

@Lost.Admin

1 Like

Love to hear that, Iā€™m just doing my part.

Sure Thing Adz, Iā€™d love to contribute in whatever way I can. Hit me up on the Disc DMs and weā€™ll get the conversation up and running. Discuss ideas and the whole 9 yards.

Have an awesome day :saluting_face:

2 Likes

I am very much looking forward to this group specifically. Happy to learn and will be jumping into the mix to help.

2 Likes

I believe that when they have made the marketing plan for each objective they will link the related strategy, tactics, budget and KPIs. The bulk of the work they have done has been in defining the objectives they intend to achieve in line with the mission and vision of apecoin (which are decided by the governance). The objectives are the following:

ā€œCreate a consistent and compelling brand strategy and identity for the ApeCoin DAO, develop and implement comprehensive marketing and communications strategies, and establish a strong presence through effective global communication efforts in order to onboard more users into the DAO.ā€

2 Likes

When the marketing plan is created, it will be pleasant to exchange opinions on the various strategies, tactics and KPIs used.

1 Like

Great AIP, canā€™t wait for it to go public!

2 Likes