AIP-256 ApeCoin DAO Mission Statement - Finalists Poll

This poll will narrow down the 9 mission statement submissions to 8 finalists that will go up for a DAO-wide Snapshot vote.

• Choose up to three of your favorite options
  • The poll will close at 11:59pm PST on August 2nd
  • Finalists will have the opportunity to appear on an ApeCoin Twitter Space on August 3rd to share their statements and explanations with the community. Time TBA

Thanks to everyone who submitted and thank you for taking the time to read, understand, and help select our future mission statement!

What makes a good mission statement?
A good mission statement should clearly define the purpose and goals of an organization, providing a sense of direction and helping to unify the members of the organization around a common set of objectives.

Mission Statement Submissions

• ApeCoin DAO exists to distribute $APE – empowering our community to build and participate in the future of the greater metaverse, today.
  • ApeCoin will be the token that powers the future of web3. We support community-led initiatives in art, gaming, entertainment, and events that advance and innovate technologies and experiences.
  • Apecoin DAO is a place to foster community ideas and expanding the culture of $ape. A haven for builders, artist and all every holders who share the vision of $ape as the currency of metaverse which we all are building together.
  • To empower the growth and development of the APE ecosystem & Web3 culture in a fair and inclusive way.
  • To expand ApeCoin utility and bring web3 culture to life by connecting and empowering creators and communities, one grant at a time.
  • To connect and empower creators and communities who bring web3 culture to life in both the real world and the metaverse.
  • At ApeCoinDAO, our mission is to revolutionize the digital landscape by harnessing the strength of our globally united community. We are a decentralized autonomous organization, committed to empowering the APE ecosystem and fostering innovation within the metaverse and gaming economies.
  • To propel the widespread adoption of ApeCoin by empowering the community through creative exploration in the Metaverse and IRL through transparent funding, innovative initiatives and inclusivity to create an equitable, sustainable decentralized organization that withstands the test of time.
  • ApeCoin’s mission is to become the coin of metaverse culture and blockchain gaming.
0 voters

Details from AIP-256 - ApeCoin DAO Mission Statement - Request for Submissions:

16 Likes

Thanks for doing all this, and to all who submitted ideas and helped hone the process.

6 Likes

Thank you @br00no!

BT

2 Likes

Appreciate what you are doing BT :heart:

2 Likes

Appreciate that, thank you!

BT

2 Likes

So excited to see the Mission Statement up! Good luck everyone.

3 Likes

Looking Forward!

-Mr. Hype :fire:

2 Likes

Hi BT,

Is there a reason why you did not put forward grammatically correct and well constructed statements to choose from? I find this kind of insulting that anyone would expect the community to select from such poor offerings. I understand people’s first language may have not been English, so my question has to be why didn’t you offer to help adjust or simply adjust them?

I would suggest that due to the low quality of submissions and coupled with the low number of voters you should really go back to the drawing board on this one and not rush ahead with it.

I would like to add that I love the idea of the mission statement.

1 Like

Voted.

Glad to see almost 100 votes coming in so far, today.

2 Likes

I put forward the statements exactly as they were submitted here:

• We extended the deadlines to submit over a week.

• I hosted a workshop in the Discord on July 25th to provide constructive criticism for any authors that chose to participate (about half did).

Here’s the updated process, which will be adjusted once again when I’m able to schedule the X / Twitter ApeCoin space pending author availability survey in progress.

It’s 100% up to our community members to submit their mission statement, I’m just facilitating the process as approved in AIP-256. Thank you,

BT

3 Likes

Thanks! Yes, much better than the first attempt in the Discord :raised_hands:

BT

3 Likes

Personally I’d have remarked with the number of VOTERS not VOTES; that number as you are fully aware is 37.

I on the other hand could not vote on this.

1 Like

I don’t know what to say about this tbh. Seems like some entrants were therefore immediately at a disadvantage, “hobbled” if you will. SMH

Anyway, just one final question - there will still be the option to vote for “NONE OF THE ABOVE” and send you back to the drawing board?

Thanks

I agree, I noticed my statement had one typo

2 Likes

I agree that it would be good to have a refinement pass placed upon the option that wins this round. This will be a critical statement for how people view the DAO.

1 Like

We’ll get it cleaned up. Please reply with your changes here. Thank you,

BT

1 Like

@furiousanger @mattborchert

This has only been about surfacing the best possible statements from the community in a process that began in January. Recently:

• 7/6 Call for submissions
  • 7/20 Gave authors an additional week to refine and provide explanations
  • 7/25 Hosted workshop in Discord for all authors to provide feedback
  • 7/30 Closed submissions

The top 8 statements will go forward from here, all authors can correct typos if desired of course. There will be a space to share these with the wider community next week, and then they’ll go to vote along with the “none of the above” option.

Appreciate the input, we’re absolutely on the same page,

BT

7 Likes

Thank you for the clarification. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Apecoin DAO is a place to foster community ideas and expanding the culture of $ape. A haven for builders, artist and holders who share the vision of $ape as the currency of metaverse which we all are building together.

1 Like

I personally think this statement makes it sound like we’re building a metaverse. It’s a bit misleading.

If the end of the last sentence would be different, that’d be more on point in my opinion.