AIP-305: Establishing Special Council's Accountability Practices

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@Moonlyght has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-12GAUGE

1 Like

Thanks! Really appreciate it. After listening to the community’s feedback I’ve also modified the AIP to only include Weekly reports instead of Daily & Weekly reports.

3 Likes

I think a weekly report would be beneficial.

1 Like

Yes MaCrypto I think so too. Hopefully people will take this idea as added value and vote in favour. We’ll see.

Personally I think the pass rate on a snapshot (guesstimates) based on the reporting schedule time period:

95% - Monthly
70% - Bi-weekly
40% - Weekly
5% - Daily

Hence why I would go for Monthly, as I believe it has a very high chance to pass AND especially for SC which certain strategic activities will happen over a longer time period.

1 Like

Agree with you. Most people hate being accountable hence the more accountability the lower chance of potentially passing (at least coming from the people that are accountable themselves).

There’s people that might say that the more strict you are the less motivated you are to do “X” work, but that is because most people saying this have never been around highly successfull people imo. The most successfull people I know do Daily reporting of what they’ve done + affirmations and also weekly reports.

I personally would love to see the DAO brought to a higher standard hence why at least weekly reports are needed imo.

2 Likes

I do like having accountability but let’s not get carried away with generalities. Insulting people by saying they have never been around highly successful people because they don’t want to submit to your daily reports doesn’t help your cause in any way. If you think more report submission is always good, why not do an hourly report submission? It would make people more accountable than a daily submission right?

At some point there’s diminishing returns for the amount of work you put on someone. Weekly seems really good because it’s not a burden at that point. Highly successful people also don’t like other people hovering over ever step they make and having to involve themselves in bureaucracy (report submission) - so a balance is necessary.

2 Likes

For sure, a balance is necessary. I wasn’t judging, was just sharing my personal experience of what I’ve seen around me work (also done it myself). But yeah, for this position a Weekly report might be the best fit.

P.s: I’ve also seen people do hourly reports to track of what they do with their time, and yes that works too, you’ll be amazed how much time people spend on things that don’t move the needle forward. Again this is my personal experience, not judging.

I think the focus on micro tracking for SC is not suitable.
They are paid for their accumulated human capital experience. The question should be are they able to provide that level of experience?

I plan to add a new AIP specific to the more day to day roles, such as Stewards, Facilitators and Secretary. This should be the focus of more micro-level reporting requirements.

Please see the screen grab below (Link is optional).

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing BB!

How can we know what level of experience are they bringing if we don’t know what they’re currently doing? Sure you could say, “check their resumes” but I don’t think that’s helpful on understanding what is currently being done.

The way I interpret this is: Your ability to solve problems (aka work experience + skills you self taught or learned) = human capital.

I would love to see what problems and what’s being done to serve the community vision and I believe that with weekly reporting that’s accomplished. Not just for the current SC members but for any future ones too.

Great to hear!

2 Likes

We have no further questions for @Moonlyght. This AIP is now under Administrative Review.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-12GAUGE

Update 09/01/2023: Still waiting for the Special Council to send this AIP to vote (24 days have passed since it was sent to Admin review), looking forward to it!

1 Like

Update 09/18/23: Currently waiting for the Special Council to send this AIP to vote (41 days have passed since it was sent to Admin review).

1 Like

Update: 09/21/23: We’re going live and voting will start tomorrow! Thanks all for the feedback which was taken into consideration and implemented!

4 Likes

After review, this Topic submitted by @Moonlyght is ready for vote under AIP-305. The proposal will be posted on Snapshot at the next weekly release date and time, which is every Thursday at 9PM EST.

The AIP implementation is administered by the Ape Foundation. Implementation may be immaterially or materially altered to optimise for security, usability, to protect APE holders, and otherwise to effect the intent of the AIP. Any material deviations from an AIP, as initially approved, will be disclosed to the APE holder community.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

1 Like

This proposal is live for Snapshot vote at Snapshot. The voting period closes next Wednesday at 9PM EST.

The AIP implementation is administered by the Ape Foundation. Implementation may be immaterially or materially altered to optimize for security, usability, to protect APE holders, and otherwise to effect the intent of the AIP. Any material deviations from an AIP, as initially approved, will be disclosed to the APE holder community.

The voting period has closed for this proposal and it has been accepted with a 62.52% pass rate. The proposal will be passed on for implementation.

Follow this proposal under the AIP Transparency and Execution Category. A new post has been created here, Implementation Update | AIP-305: Establishing Special Council's Accountability Practices, and further updates will be posted.

Thanks,

-@Facilitators

3 Likes

As of 2023-10-12T07:00:00Z, this proposal has successfully completed all self-imposed milestones, and the APE Foundation has fulfilled all outstanding expectations.

This AIP is now fully Implemented.

Follow this proposal under its AIP Transparency and Execution Category entry, Implementation Update | AIP-305: Establishing Special Council's Accountability Practices, where further updates will be posted.

Regards,
-@Facilitators

1 Like