Proposal name: Beyond the NFT: NFT Lab Magazine’s Plan for Empowering ApeCoin’s Global Community
Proposal Category: Ecosystem Fund Allocation
NFT Lab Magazine is a well-established physical publication that has distributed over 20,000 magazines through 4 issues spread across 1,000 locations, reaching over 35,000 readers. This proposal aims at promoting Apecoin and Yuga ecosystem news and projects to the existing audience base and beyond. Our strategy includes generating content that spotlights community projects, ApeCoin DAO news, Yuga projects and approved AIPs, thus enriching the ApeCoin ecosystem and drive mass adoptions, potentially increase the $Apecoin and Yuga collections value.
Proposal Authors: Jason Au, currently a NASDAQ listed company director, focusing in Fintech, diverse investment and technology solutions. Jason also founded The Elite Apes, a group of Bored Ape Yacht Club owners that started as an early experiment when shopping for his first NFT (BAYC) with his daughter, who came up with the idea to find “all of the Apes” and have a party. Now, just two years later the group has over 150 members from countries all over the world holding numerous high-profile professions and big-brand affiliations.
NFT Lab is funded and operated by the Elite Apes. Elite Apes is a BAYC community founded in July 2021 with over 150 early BAYC and Apecoin holders. They are committed to driving the mass adoption of Apecoin and BAYC awareness through media and education
Our aim is to educate the public about Web3, Yuga Lab and Aepcoin. The magazine is already well developed, with a solid audience base. By supporting our magazine, Apecoin DAO can leverage our existing reach and credibility to increase mass adoption & awareness for Apecoin, as well as community projects.
Benefits to ApeCoin Ecosystem
As of right now, ApeCoin primarily revolves around Yuga Labs NFTs and their upcoming Otherside metaverse, but by promoting new use cases through NFT Lab, we can faster adoption for more real-world applications and mainstream adoption in Asia. We will also promote other approved AIPs including becoming an official mentor and collaboration partner with the other ApeCoin funded magazine project called Beyond The Swamp, which is releasing its first issue later this summer based out of North America.
Specifications & Magazine Contents
- Feature different community projects – open for submissions.
- Feature an ApeCoin DAO Corner, covering ApeCoin DAO news and Yuga Brand developments.
- Coverpage will have “Powered by Apecoin” Logo.
- Serve as an unbiased platform to report on approved AIP proposals.
- Develop an online version of the magazine.
- Merchants, Food & Beverage, and Hospitality collaboration for discounts and Ape awareness
- The magazine will be published on a monthly basis.
- All staff will be paid in $APE
Steps to Implement
Upon proposal approval:
- Hire a full-time editor-in-chief [US$3,000 per month]
- Recruit dedicated part-time resources for illustrations, photography and website administration for content updates [$1,000 per month collectively]
- Appoint two ambassadors to liaise with ApeCoin DAO special council members, AIP proposal owners, and the BAYC communities for content sourcing. [US$2,000 per month]
- Online magazine development with open recruitment prioritized for BAYC community members, assuming price competitiveness. [US$20,000]
* UI./UX Design
* Backend content management system
* On-going hosting and maintenance for 12 months
NFT Lab is already operational and prepared to implement plans once funds are secured.
Key milestones will include:
- Apecoin DAO Corner: To be published in the next issue after grant approval.
- Online version: To be launched in the third month after grant approval.
To supplement NFT Lab existing operating costs, implementing this proposal to facilitate our proposed expansion, for one year, will be the equivalent of $92,000.00 paid in $APE.
Proposals submitted to the AIP Ideas category can be vague, incomplete ideas. Topics submitted here are not required to be submitted as a formal AIP Draft Template, however, you may still use the template if you wish.