AIP-352: ApeCoin Pets and toys

PROPOSAL NAME:
ApeCoin Pets: Bridging the Gap Between Crypto and Pet Play

PROPOSAL CATEGORY:
Brand Decision

TEAM DESCRIPTION:
Our dedicated team comprises seasoned experts in various fields, all passionately driven to introduce ApeCoin Pets to the world:

• [Posco] (Founder): With a background in development and a deep passion for cryptocurrencies, I bring the vision and leadership needed to merge these two worlds seamlessly.
  • [Anon] (Pet Product Designer): A creative genius in the pet product design realm, [Anon] brings extensive experience in crafting engaging and safe pet toys. Also they are a blockchain enthusiast with a keen interest in innovation, ensuring the smooth integration of crypto features into our pet toys.
  • [Minimouselauren] (Marketing Professional): [Minimouselauren] possesses a wealth of marketing expertise, driving our outreach efforts and creating buzz around ApeCoin Pets. Also with connections in the Pet Toy world. Including Petsmart and Walmart!

ABSTRACT:
A pioneering venture, “ApeCoin Pets” marries the realms of cryptocurrency and pet entertainment. Our advanced toys not only engage pets physically and mentally but also reward them with ApeCoins based on their interaction. We are appealing to the APE Community to champion and publicize ApeCoin Pets on a global scale.

BENEFIT TO APECOIN ECOSYSTEM:
Introducing ApeCoin Pets can usher in a fresh and exhilarating dimension to the ApeCoin ecosystem. By marketing our product range, we aim to draw in a larger user base and escalate overall participation. With the proposed funding, we plan to manage both production and promotional expenses, promising comprehensive benefits in alignment with the funding requisition.

REVENUE SHARING WITH THE DAO:

In our vision for ApeCoin Pets, community involvement and reward play a pivotal role. Therefore, we propose an innovative revenue-sharing model with the ApeCoin DAO. This not only aligns our goals with that of the entire community but also ensures a sustainable and mutual growth model.

How it works:

1. Percentage Allocation: 99% of revenue will be returned to the DAO, of that, we propose that 25% will be allocated towards token buybacks and burning. This will be disbursed at regular intervals, ensuring a consistent flow of funds to the DAO adding value and reducing the circulating supply.

2. Community-driven Decisions: The DAO will have a say in crucial business decisions, such as new product launches, partnerships, and reinvestments. This democratizes the decision-making process and ensures that ApeCoin Pets always aligns with the community’s interests.

Projected Revenue:
Given our connections with major retailers and the uniqueness of our offering, we conservatively estimate annual revenues of $480k in the first year in retailers. This means an estimated $475k (specific percentage is 99%) will flow back to the DAO, ensuring both a return on investment and sustained community support.

KEY TERMS:
IoT Sensors: Internet of Things sensors embedded within the toys that detect and record pet interaction, ensuring accurate ApeCoin rewards.

“IoT sensors” is an abbreviation for “Internet of Things sensors.” These are compact, specialized gadgets that get incorporated into tangible items, machinery, or systems and come equipped with detectors for gathering and transmitting data through the internet or other communication networks. The information gathered by IoT sensors can encompass diverse categories, including temperature, moisture, pressure, movement, illumination, acoustics, and other factors, contingent on the purpose of the sensor.

IoT sensors have a pivotal role within the Internet of Things (IoT) framework as they facilitate the remote monitoring and control of tangible objects and surroundings. They are commonly employed in a variety of applications, spanning from intelligent domestic devices and industrial automation to ecological surveillance, healthcare systems, and more. IoT sensors empower the real-time accumulation of data, which can then be scrutinized, handled, and employed for making informed judgments, automating assignments, and enhancing efficacy across a wide spectrum of sectors and uses.

ApeCoin Integration: A proprietary feature enabling cats and dogs to accumulate ApeCoins during their playtime with the toys. An additional AIP may not be required to allow pets to accumulate ApeCoin rewards, as our integration with ApeCoin can facilitate this.

PLATFORMS & TECHNOLOGIES:
ApeCoin Pets toys come equipped with IoT sensors to detect pet interaction, communicating with a user-friendly app for pet owners. This app tracks the pet’s activity, calculating the ApeCoin rewards based on various metrics. Every toy connects to ApeCoin via the application, enabling the seamless transfer of ApeCoins to the pet owner’s digital wallet.

STEPS TO IMPLEMENT & TIMELINE:

1. Research & Product Development: A deep dive into ApeCoin Pets product possibilities.
  2. Prototyping & Safety Assurance: Development of initial prototypes, extensive testing, and feedback aggregation.
  3. Manufacturing & Quality Assurance: Initial production, rigorous quality checks, and efficient distribution.
  4. Blockchain Integration: Comprehensive software design, consultation, robust security implementation, and seamless integration with the blockchain.
  5. Marketing & Outreach: All-encompassing advertising campaigns, events, and promotional activities to gain traction.

The anticipated duration for the project, spanning from initial research to the market introduction, is approximately 12 months.

OVERALL COST:
We seek a funding allocation of $250,000 USD denominated in ApeCoin, to adeptly handle research, development, manufacturing, marketing, and seamless integration expenses.

1. Research & Development: $50,000
  • Market research, product concept design, IoT integration studies, and initial software development.
  1. Prototyping and Testing: $30,000
  • Creation of prototype toys, hiring of testers (pet owners), and feedback gathering.
  1. Manufacturing: $60,000
  • Initial production run, quality checks, packaging, and distribution.
  1. Blockchain Integration: $40,000
  • Software development, blockchain consultants, security measures, and integration with ApeCoin.
  1. Marketing & Promotion: $50,000
  • Advertising, PR campaigns, social media marketing, events, and launch promotions.
  1. Operations & Miscellaneous: $20,000
  • utilities, administrative costs, and unforeseen expenses.
14 Likes

Great thought exercise - :clap:t4:

Do you have contacts in the pets toys and accessories industry?

Warm intros to the manufacturers, distributors, trade media and retailers would be the game-changer to such a no-brainer idea.

As to the concept of teaching your pets crypto – this would make a hilarious 30-second spoof infomercial - :rofl:. Maybe collab with @LOR3LORD to hit one outta the park.

SSP :call_me_hand:t4:

2 Likes

Hi @Xavierfreeway

Interesting, do you have some photos of the products?

att,

3 Likes

funny idea) I would like to see examples of your work

2 Likes

hahhaha this is a funny idea. Definitely see potential of this going viral if marketed in an hilarious way, maybe even ironic or sarcastic way, like “Are you a crypto bro, but your best friend is not? We got you!”

1 Like

This is completely in my head and has not been fleshed out but I could get some test and sample products if the community is really into the idea

Sure and I have tons. I haven’t doxed myself yet but will soon. But before then if the community wants me to acquire samples or examples or what the ideas would be I’d love to start doing that.

1 Like

You’ll definitely get credit for that idea hahaha. Yeah I was just thinking about it meshing with BAKC and though why isn’t there one!

1 Like

That’s true! BAKC and similar collections are like perfect to use as a base for toys.

2 Likes

Interesting idea, I currently have an ecommerce pet store and understand how saturated the market is, do you already have an existing product that you sell, or are you just starting to play around with some ideas?

5 Likes

What toys will you have for extreme chewers? Coz Roxy cannot have any toys with stuffing! Even the most extreme double-stitched chew toy she got into within an hour!

Btw she is 10kg cavapoo and by no means a demonic hound (like my PFP) but she is only allowed extreme chew bones as a result! !hoooooooooooowl

3 Likes

Hi @Xavierfreeway ,

Your topic will be moving to the AIP Draft phase in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received or do you wish to extend community discussion for another 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

-@Facilitators

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @Xavierfreeway ,

Thank you for your ideas [and the ApeCoin DAO community for the insightful discussions]. A moderator will reach out to the author to finalize the AIP Draft using the appropriate template. In accordance with DAO-approved guidelines, if the author doesn’t respond within 30 days, the proposal will be automatically transferred to the Withdrawn category, and the author can re-submit the idea. Once the AIP is Drafted and meets all DAO-approved guidelines, it will be published on Snapshot for the official live voting phase at: Snapshot.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @Xavierfreeway please see your messages for the next steps.

-@Facilitators

1 Like

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

Edits have been made to this Topic, by the author or by the author’s request.

You can click the Pencil icon at the top of the post to see these edits.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

2 Likes

The AIP Draft submitted is currently incomplete and feedback has been provided to the author.

Thank you,

-@Facilitators

1 Like

Edits have been made to this Topic, by the author or by the author’s request.

You can click the Pencil icon at the top of the post to see these edits.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

1 Like

@Xavierfreeway has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

1 Like

I’m new to the forum and just starting to get to know all the AIPS. I hope it’s not too late to leave comments :slight_smile:

Very cool idea! I would definitely buy such a toy for my cats (not even one, since I have a lot of cats). Will it be possible to spend the earned $APE immediately from the app to order new toys or pet food? The idea is somewhat similar to STEPN, but much cooler!!! (I hope I won’t offend with this comparison)

4 Likes