AIP-370: The Mutant Apes (toy line)

Dear ApeCoin Community,

We want to provide you with an update regarding AIP-370. The author of the proposal has requested to withdraw their draft from consideration. As a result, the content of the AIP Draft has been removed from the topic.
While we understand this may come as a surprise, we respect the author’s decision and their reasons for total withdrawal. We appreciate their participation in the proposal process and value their contributions to our community.

Thank you for your understanding and ongoing support.

Best regards,

@Facilitators

11 Likes

Congrats on posting the idea.

Reminds me of the success of UglyDolls and fun-fact the founder is actually in Web3 (but too busy for other IP) :rofl:

Looking forward to seeing where this goes. Good luck

SSP :call_me_hand:t4:

6 Likes

Thanks for being the first to reply @ssp1111, really appreciate that. Got any feedback on the ideation/strategic level? Maybe some guiding questions even?

Thanks again!

3 Likes

I like it, but this can be a merch line for owners. For take to world level of commercials goods it will be a massive campaign and big money investment. Maybe can be done with a big name of toys industry. Just my opinion :blush:

4 Likes

Thank you @Xxclavsxx1985 :heart_hands:

You could be right essentially but I don’t think it has to be a massive toy takeover right away. Big things can also start small. I can say that part of what I would bring to the table here is my connections with toy companies who have worked on significant IPs in the past. I also have a licensing expert who knows everyone in that side of the biz, in case it’s helpful.

2 Likes

Loving this idea and looking forward to see these turn into awesome mutant toys :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Thank you @justzb! Please drop any further ideas here if the inspiration strikes you.
Will put together a proper AIP Draft (pending feedback) after this discussion expires in seven days.

2 Likes

Do kids even play with toys anymore? :rofl: They all seem to be glued to their screens! Nice idea tho :+1:

2 Likes

I don’t know if it will be a “play with” situation like a tea set exactly :laughing: but physical toys and collectibles is still one of the most profitable and successful industries to date!

3 Likes

Sounds good! Good luck!!

1 Like

Will do if any come across :handshake:

1 Like

Great idea! The Mutant Apes toy line with digital interactivity sounds promising. :rocket::video_game:

2 Likes

Appreciate you Ravena, thanks! Do you think people here might be interested in seeing a demo of what that digital aspect looks like?

Are you thinking a similar approach to how Sappy Seals are doing it?

2 Likes

Not familiar actually! Can you provide some links? :pray:

1 Like

Nice ideas @StrawberrySith
Good job :+1:

2 Likes

If you make these collectibles and target the parents and just the older demo, you wouldn’t need to integrate tech.

Love it either way

SSP :call_me_hand:t4:

2 Likes

Thank you to everyone for the continued feedback. Please keep it coming. Am working on the AIP Draft for next week.

2 Likes

This sounds interesting. Not sure what you had in mind, but what immediately came to mind was something like the Pudgy Penguins Igloo Blind Box. Which is similar to lol surprise bubble and shopkins blind baskets.

You can have like 50 or 100 mutants per season, they can come in a boat or if its allowed, a version of the clubhouse. Kids would want to collect all of them, but they have no idea which one is inside until they open it. It’ll take several years to get thru all 20k which is great.

Have to decide whether to make them full body or just the bust. But I think this concept is pretty cool and probably the easiest to mass produce and get into retail. Just my 2 gwei.

5 Likes

Plushy toys LFG
I think @Brazy is someone you should contact with who has delivered lego toys of few collectibles already. He and the team are just brilliant

3 Likes