AIP-396: LFG VENTURES presents: Made by Apes - Powered by ApeCoin

Thanks for sharing - this is great.

Permissionless revenue based financing is really interesting, looking forward to seeing those come to market.

& thank you very much for your offer of support and assistance! We’ll certainly keep in mind and connect soon.

4 Likes

It does not require that you have an actual product created prior to the issuance of the MBA.

5 Likes

Hi @CaptainZwingli,

The community feedback period for your proposal would be ending in less than 24 hours.

• If you’re content with the feedback received, your next steps are to finalize your proposal using the AIP Draft Template.
  • Upon receipt of the final Draft, we will review and provide instructions on the next steps.
  • Are you ready to proceed to the next phase or do you wish to extend community discussion for another 7 days?

We look forward to hearing from you.

@Facilitators

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @CaptainZwingli,

Thank you for your ideas [and the ApeCoin DAO community for the insightful discussions].

A moderator will reach out to the author to finalize the AIP Draft using the appropriate template.

• Once the AIP Draft is confirmed by the author and meets all DAO-approved guidelines, it will receive an AIP ID number and move forward for Draft Analysis Review.
  • @CaptainZwingli please see your messages for the next steps.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. In accordance with DAO-approved guidelines, if the author does not respond within 30 days, the proposal will be automatically transferred to the Withdrawn category, and the author can re-submit the idea.

-@Facilitators

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@CaptainZwingli has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

This proposal has been assigned the AIP ID Number 396.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

2 Likes

Edits have been made to this Topic, by the author’s request.

You can click the Pencil icon at the top of the post to see these edits.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

1 Like

Our team has reviewed and discussed @CaptainZwingli’s AIP Draft and sent a list of initial questions.

The author has responded to our questions and they are in our review once again.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

1 Like

We have no further questions for @CaptainZwingli. This AIP is now under Administrative Review.

Kind Regards,

-@Facilitators

1 Like

Hi @CaptainZwingli,

I’ve carefully reviewed AIP-396, while I appreciate the effort and enthusiasm behind the initiative, I don’t think it’s needed. I’ll explain:

1. My primary concern lies in the nature of the funding mechanism proposed. The proposed grant structure raises concerns about the effectiveness of utilizing the treasury funds. Unlike a loan, which could potentially be repaid, a grant introduces a one-way flow of funds.

2. Instead of allocating a substantial grant, exploring partnerships with established web3 vc might offer a more sustainable approach. By leveraging these VC relationships, the DAO could manage funds more effectively through fees or revenue-sharing structures, potentially achieving a better return on investment for the community. Fund-to-fund deals / revenue back / 2-3% management fee like VC…

3. The ApeCoin community has a well-established process for funding projects through the AIP. It allows the community to vote on proposed projects, give authors to promote their products, and ensuring a decentralized decision-making process. I am not convinced that creating a separate fund outside this process is necessary, especially given the on-chain AIP process that coming lead by GWG.

Hope you can understand. Thank you for your dedication to advancing the Made by Apes ecosystem.

-Mr. Hype :fire:

3 Likes

Hi @CaptainZwingli,

I wanted to bring to your attention my previous message. I understand you may be busy, but I believe it’s important to address the points I raised as soon as possible, before vote.

Please note, I’ve been contacted by other DAO members who share similar sentiments and agree with my response - emphasizes the importance of our discussion.

Best,

2 Likes

Hey there MisterHype,

I’m sure Cap will jump on here and answer your questions too.

In the meantime, I’ll take a shot at your questions, as I too believe that everyone should have their questions answered before going to vote. Keep in mind, these are my own opinions and come from my own experiences and observations of being in the DAO for almost two years now (wow :exploding_head:):

As far as I’m aware, every AIP IS a grant (a one-way flow of funds as you call it), so I’m unsure as to why this should be looked at as a loan. We are requesting a grant just like all AIPs, the only difference in what we’re trying to do is to show a Proof of Concept in how future AIPs could be funded without draining the Treasury.

Agreed. We actually reached out to several Web3-friendly VC firms and they declined mainly because of the “uncertain nature of regulations around DAOs” and “not being a US-based entity”, amongst other reasons. This AIP is a Proof of Concept of what an OnChain Venture Fund could be, which could feasibly result in the ApeCoinDAO having their own VC firm of sorts.

To be truly decentralized, inclusive and global I personally subscribe to the principle that there ought to be multiple avenues for funding across multiple sectors, multiple verticals, multiple geographies, in multiple methods. LFG Ventures is just one of these avenues and is a Proof of Concept for what an OnChain Venture Fund could be.

(Note: the AIP you referenced has been withdrawn)

In closing, I just want to remind anyone reading this that each month our Coinbase Custodial Wallets, of which we have 85 or more, cost us hundreds of thousands of $$$ in fees. This AIP is asking to manage one of these wallets in order to stop that bleeding and to use the returns/yields from this LFG managed wallet to fund founders, devs and artists in the space. It’s a Proof of Concept and if it works as well as we think it could, then we’re hopeful that others will follow in this new path of sustainability for the DAO.

Thanks for coming to my TedTalk.

SSP :call_me_hand:t4:

2 Likes

Hi @ssp1111,

Thanks for stepping in and providing your insights on the matter.

Your points are well taken, and I appreciate the clarification. It’s interesting to hear about the challenges encountered in reaching out to web3 VC firms - I’m aware of one firm that open web3 fund this year and expressed interest in collaborating with ApeCoin DAO.

Regarding the on-chain AIP status, please note that AIP-387 has been withdrawn and included in AIP-408 GWG budget.

Considering the potential connections with web3 VCs and the ongoing plans for on-chain initiatives, do you believe that AIP-396 is still relevant for the DAO?

Best,

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification re: the AIPs. Space for multiple funding avenues.

Absolutely!
Decentralization > Centralization
Investments > Expenses
Funding more AIPS > Funding less

:call_me_hand:t4: SSP

1 Like

Understood. in its current form, I’m unable to support AIP-396.

-MBA can either submit a proposal or proceed through the on-chain process.

-Additionally, exploring the possibility of transforming the grant into a management fee, in collaboration with web3 VCs, could be worth considering. If you’re interested, I can facilitate connections with a couple of firms, if AIP-396 doesn’t pass.

Wishing all the best,

Thanks for the feedback, @MisterHype

I agree with everything SSP said above.

Best,

3 Likes

After review, this Topic submitted by @CaptainZwingli has been “Returned for Clarification”. The ApeCoin Special Council waits for answers, and the community will be notified whenever the author responds.

Kind Regards,

@Facilitators

2 Likes

Can you give more clarity on how the 6.9M APE will be managed? Also as this is a grant and not a loan. So in essence you are asking for 14m USD, which you are saying you are only spending the returns and not touching the principal. How will this be enforced? or this is done on a gentleman’s agreement?

What happens to the principal 1 year? 3 years? 5 years from now?

I think these points should be clarified before going to vote.

Another thing, I noticed you added a Trademark in the title. Made by Apes - Powered by ApeCoin™

Which trademark are you referring to and owned by who? As Made by Apes already exists with its own trademark.

And this Trademark is already being used, though maybe not registered yet.

5 Likes

Good points @bigbull, I’m with you on this. Before vote, we definitely need more clarity on how the $14M grant will be managed and how we’ll protect the principal. It’s crucial for transparency and accountability. I also would like to see development of a solid long-term strategy for the principal’s future. As for the trademark “ApeCoin” marks, the APE Foundation holds it on behalf of the ApeCoin DAO.

Continuing the discussion from AIP-291: Approve and Publish ApeCoin DAO Brand Guidelines v1.1 on apecoin.com:

Best,

3 Likes