AIP-274: "ApeCoin Powered" & "Powered by ApeCoin" Logo implementation

“Powered by Apecoin” & “ApeCoin Powered” Logos Implementation

CATEGORY Brand

ABSTRACT

This AIP proposes the immediate adoption and usage of these “ApeCoin Powered” and “Powered by ApeCoin” logos. These logos will serve as a visual endorsement and recognition of initiatives that exclusively use ApeCoin for transactions, assuming they are in alignment with the values and mission of the ApeCoin ecosystem.

MOTIVATION

The introduction of the “ApeCoin Powered” and “Powered by ApeCoin” logos aims to foster a sense of unity and shared identity within our diverse community. By visibly marking and endorsing initiatives that operate exclusively with ApeCoin, we are not only increasing the utility and recognition of ApeCoin but also encouraging more projects to adopt it. This visual token of affiliation would contribute to a stronger sense of belonging within our ecosystem, further solidifying the connection among members and fostering collaborative growth.

RATIONALE

The introduction of these logos acts as a visual representation of ApeCoin’s reach and influence across various projects, thereby bolstering its recognition and usage within the ecosystem. This initiative encourages more platforms to adopt ApeCoin.

KEY TERMS

Ecosystem : In this context, it refers to the ApeCoin community, the blockchain, the currency (ApeCoin), and all services, projects, and initiatives surrounding it.

SPECIFICATIONS

1. Logos: The “ApeCoin Powered” and “Powered by ApeCoin” logos are ready for immediate use as transparent pngs.

2. Usage: Entities that exclusively accept ApeCoin as a means of transaction, and AIP projects approved by the DAO, can use this logo to signify their affiliation with the ApeCoin ecosystem. This is conditional on their material and actions being in line with the values and mission of the ecosystem.

3. Design Adjustments: The logo design is open to fine-tuning and adjustments by professional graphic designers to ensure it suits different usage contexts and maintains a high standard of visual communication.

STEPS TO IMPLEMENT

1. Secure approval for this AIP.
  2. Immediate distribution and implementation of the logo.

TIMELINE

Both Logos will become available to those who qualify upon this AIP passing.

REVOCABILITY

Privileges to use the “ApeCoin Powered” and “Powered by ApeCoin” logos may be revoked by the community if its usage is found to be inconsistent with the values and mission of the ApeCoin ecosystem.

COST $0

18 Likes

Yes, however please note my suggested one change in bold …

Must use, not can use.

The music grants foundation I’m an adjudicator for is militant about their logo appearing on projects funded by its grants. Seems reasonable; credit where due.

Cheers!

9 Likes

Hard yes.

Powerful branding that will also keep everyone using it on their toes, as the privilege should not be taken lightly…

AC

12 Likes

“This logo will serve to recognize and visually endorse initiatives that exclusively use ApeCoin as their means of transaction, provided they align with the values and mission of the ApeCoin ecosystem.”

Yes

8 Likes

definitely in favor.

4 Likes

@Gerry The kerning! And the font is different! (You can tell looking at the e’s.)

As such, I’m legally required to FUD this. Once these objections are fixed, to quote Steve Jobs, “Real artists ship.”

9 Likes

All for this. But would love to find out the original font used for the word “ApeCoin” and use it for “Powered”.

7 Likes

ah! glad i’m not the only one bothered by this lol.

Love the idea though!

5 Likes

I have the original Font, I’ll play with that. But because you suggested it, not because of anything Matt said.

9 Likes

Adds Gerry to the list.

7 Likes

Great idea to implement! Have you played with “Powered by ApeCoin” instead of “ApeCoin Powered” I believe both work tho.

8 Likes

My original draft had both actually. Great minds. This one just felt better in the end. If the community thinks we should have options that’s fine with me.

7 Likes

Options would be great. “Powered by @apecoin” is what @OthersideMeta used. Could see both options having same impact.

6 Likes

My 2 cents: