AIP-274: "ApeCoin Powered" & "Powered by ApeCoin" Logo implementation

Great idea, as it will definitely increase visibility of the brand.
Visually, it’s a very good solution, but I can also see the already discussed “powered by Apecoin” which to me sounds a little better.

3 Likes

Love this and in full support.

However I have some things we need to think about:

• Will the logo contain a black rectangular background?
  • If not (background is transparent), will need an alternative version so that it looks correct on on a white background (dark text perhaps? or border around letters)
  • If we are keeping a black rectangle as the background then we should provide an alternate version without the black background for use cases when the user is putting it on a black or dark background (not all blacks are the same so we would want the background to effortlessly blend in)
  • If an entity decides to use this smaller than what we see right now in print, do we think the lines within the blue is printable without distortion? If we think there is a risk of distortion if shrunk past a certain size, then we should give measurements to the smallest allowed size to print or provide a printable alternate
  • Should add that users cannot add anything onto the logo such as an “er” to make it “ApeCoiner” or a cigarette in the skulls mouth, nor can the colors be swapped without written permission (as an example)
  • Should supply as a vector vs font file as some applications replace fonts with other fonts
9 Likes

In favour. Prefer the “Powered by ApeCoin” version but having a brand kit which includes variations of this branding covered by the AIP would be great.

Probably need to flesh this out though:

… may be revoked by the community if the usage is found to be inconsistent with the values and mission of the ApeCoin ecosystem.

i.e. define what is or is not consistent with the values and mission and determine a way of measuring this.

2 Likes

If there is an opportunity to leave two options, then I will vote for both

2 Likes

Yes to the Brand Kit:

6 Likes

“Powered by ApeCoin” is what I have used in AIP-226, Decentralized Events Network Powered by ApeCoin.

Also, the Marketing & Communications Working Group could integrate these taglines/brandmarks accordingly, as they further define a Brand Kit, IP Guidelines, etc.

SSP :call_me_hand:t4: