AIP-8: Forever Apes, the storytelling platform of the BAYC

I think the artwork and effort put into this project speaks volume. I am a huge fan of the concept and I hope to see this come to fruition. There is a lot of debate on how the dao funds are best utilized to support the members of the dao. I think that asking the dao to provide funding is a big ask. Especially since your current mint is supporting bayc and not all holders.

If this aip proposal were to be held to a vote here are some or the things I personally would like to see:

A roadmap detailing specific future plans that would incorporate MAYC, BAKC, and $APE.

Conditions that the funds only be made available to the publishing company and not you directly.

Details of what could be done with a portion of potential profits to act as a return to the community. (Maybe drawings for free books for dao members)

6 Likes

Hey @JRN and thank you for the thoughtful response.

All great points, and things we will be discussing further as a team to incorporate into the proposal in more detail.

We appreciate you taking the time to read through!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thank you @speedracer and the rest of the Forever Apes team for your ideas, and the ApeCoin DAO community for the thoughtful discussions. A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @speedracer please see your messages for the next steps.

1 Like

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

We have sent a list of follow up questions. We await answers.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-moonkt

1 Like

@speedracer has responded to our questions and they are in our review once again.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-moonkt

4 Likes

Hey ApeCoin Community,

@speedracer has made changes to their proposal. You can check out the changes by clicking the pencil at the top right of the post. image

- river

4 Likes

If this project had started as an apecoin proposal with open entries to apes that have held over the year I think it would be an interesting value add. The problem I have with it is that itā€™s raised and done casting long ago. I would have loved to have been a part of the project but didnā€™t have the eth for getting in at the time and Iā€™m probably not alone. Adding community funding at the end feels weird. The people who paid to get in deserve to be in but why are we subsidizing that? If this proposal was to specifically launch a companion community second edition Iā€™d understand it. Even if part of the proposal was a pledge to make all 10k of the high quality files for apes as a use for part of the funds like this project was selling that would be a value add to the community. But youā€™ve shown you can fund the book. The market should decide the additional buys beyond that.
To me this is a lot of the reason we turned down that ape drops proposal. They had a business, raised money and it was decided they had already stood on their own. Funding this project in flight doesnā€™t feel right to me.
I think just like Jenkins what was minted and sold should come to fruition then if thereā€™s a case for a new DAO interactive project after great.

3 Likes

Hey @Lucha , Thanks for taking the time to check out our proposal and providing feedback. While we do have 150 curated stories from early authors, this first iteration of the coffee table book offers far more from a content perspective - including history of the BAYC, community photos and much more that will be appealing to a broader audience. Beyond this first BAYC book we will continue to create more web3 focused luxury physicals involving more collections, people, stories, and bridge the gap between URL and IRL. Our end goal is to become the official storytelling platform of BAYC (and eventually other collections). Meanwhile we are also trying to open ways to capture more of these stories in our digital portal. Our hope is that Forever Apes becomes a storytelling medium not just in physical but on digital as well.

3 Likes

Following the completion of the proposalā€™s AIP Analysis Report, the proposal package was tagged as ā€œNeeds Administrative Reviewā€ and sent to the Special Council.

After thoughtful debate, the Special Council has returned this proposal for reconstruction. In doing this, they cited that the AIP does not propose how it would benefit the ApeCoin DAO community.

We would encourage you to keep collaborating with the DAO, and we wish you success in your future efforts, and also encourage you to submit any other AIP Ideas.

Thanks.

1 Like