Airdrops for Apes: Sustaining Community Value Through Regular NFT Airdrops
Like this idea? Click “Vote” in the top left corner. See the bottom of the description for amendments made to this proposal idea based on community feedback.
This proposal seeks to initiate a project where community members or commissioned artists create Ethereum-based NFT artworks to be airdropped or offered as free mints to Bored Ape Yacht Club, Mutant Ape Yacht Club, and Gucci Grail members twice a month, thereby enhancing community value and supporting artists within the ecosystem.
This proposal aims to maintain the momentum of the APE community by providing continuous value to Bored Apes, Mutant Apes, and Gucci Grails. The regular NFT airdrops could not only enhance the value of these tokens but also serve as a platform to highlight the creativity within the community and network emerging artists. In the worst case scenario, Yuga asset hodlers would still receive a regular and free collection of curated art.
The proposal aligns with the APE community’s mission of fostering a diverse and self-sustaining ecosystem. The regular distribution of art NFTs provides a consistent source of value for token holders while promoting the diverse talents of artists within the community.
- Airdrops: The distribution of tokens directly into the digital wallets of token holders.
- NFT Artworks: Unique digital artworks tokenized on the Ethereum blockchain.
The proposed artworks will be Ethereum-based NFTs, inclusive of abstract art, music, photography open editions, and traditional pfp collections. Both community members and commissioned artists will create the artworks.
Steps to Implement:
- Curate and select artworks for distribution: Artists within the community or commissioned artists will create these artworks. Community members can suggest artists or artworks, provide feedback, and participate in creating the artworks.
- Implement the code for the airdrops or free mints.
- Conduct airdrops or free mints every two weeks.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3.
Upon approval, the first airdrop or free mint will be available within one month. Subsequent airdrops or free mints will occur once every two weeks.
The monthly budget for this project is $10,000, inclusive of artist fees, code implementation costs, and the manager’s salary who will coordinate the project and facilitate mints and airdrops. This budget could be adjusted depending on the community’s feedback and the project’s success.
This project is entirely flexible. Looking forward to hearing from the community!
- Apecoin themed NFT or Art Projects could be included
- Apecoin holders could also be eligible to participate in the mint process.
- Community artists for the projects could be sourced from within the ApeCoin community.
- Public mints could be conducted solely using apecoin
- The NFT collections could be only bought or sold using ApeCoin
- The NFT collections could be only bought or sold on the ApeCoin marketplace
Commenters have expressed concern of a lack of benefit to ApeCoin holders. I believe it is important to recognize that Yuga assets and ApeCoin are implicitly linked. ApeCoin was airdropped originally to BAYCs/MAYCs. BAYC/BAKC/MAYC have over twice the staking reward yields of ApeCoin stakers who do not own these Yuga NFTs. Many funded AIPs are simply products that utilize the BAYC IP. Many educational products funded by the DAO are completely unrelated to ApeCoin, but benefit the broader community - such as Bored Ape Gazette or the DAM show. An AIP does not need to exclusively benefit Apecoin holders in order to benefit the community or ecosystem, and I believe it is detrimental to isolate BAYC, the original ApeCoin recipients, from the benefits of the DAO. Apes and ApeCoin are on the same team. Thanks for listening to my rant
Proposals submitted to the AIP Ideas category can be vague, incomplete ideas. Topics submitted here are not required to be submitted as a formal AIP Draft Template, however, you may still use the template if you wish.