ApeCoin Claim Extension - Ape help Ape

Hello,

I am proposing a moderate extension for ApeCoin claim. The extension only valid for those that were holding an unclaimed token PRIOR TO THE INITIAL DEADLINE. I unfortunately missed the cut off and I’m sure there are many others. I feel the negative impact on individuals that weren’t able to claim is much larger then positive impact of having the ApeCoin go to the EcoSystem Fund.

Perhaps a one or two week extension could be voted on by the community.

Ape help Ape.

Community is the real strength.

My story (short version):

I just finished moving (last night landed) from south america to north america and was hoping to get a dog for the claim as it was very important funds for me, but I didnt get a chance to scrape together the eth for a dog. I couldnt see the timer because i don’t have metamask on my phone and figured there would be an announcment in the BAYC discord under announcements. I did not realize ApeCoin was completely separate from BAYC. I do follow ApeCoin on twitter, but again had no idea they were separate and did not see the announcement.

Today was first day I had my cold storage in hand after the move and went to claim only to find out i missed by a few hours.

This would be a big help to me and I’m sure many others in the community.

Thank you!

Proposals submitted to the AIP Ideas category can be vague, incomplete ideas. Topics submitted here are not required to be submitted as a formal AIP Draft Template, however, you may still use the template if you wish.

Good luck with this extension!

2 Likes

I don’t understand what prevented to claim earlier, but I have nothing against the idea and can vote for it.

2 Likes

Thank you, I did not have access to cold wallet as I was moving from South America to North America and I missed the cut off by a few hours. The support to extend to people who were holding BEFORE the cut off time would be so much appreciated to the individuals that missed the claim and will not really impact the total EcoSystem.

Thank you for your votes of support, I’m sure you will be helping several people , and the overall strength of the community.

1 Like

Using the official template:

Proposal Name:

—ApeCoin Claim Extension

Proposal Category:

—Community Support

Abstract | Two or three sentences that summarize the proposal.

–Anyone sill holding an eligible token that they were holding prior to the 90 day deadline has one last chance to claim their ApeCoin. Any tokens acquired or moved after the deadline are not eligible. This is to help people who had unfortunate matters that prevented them from claiming in the window.

Motivation | A statement on why the APE Community should implement the proposal.

–The claim was very helpful for a lot of people. Some people like myself did not realize APE Community was different than BAYC and did not see the expiration announcement or due to some unforeseen circumstances could not access their wallet, or connect a wallet to see the timer on apecoin.com.

Rationale | An explanation of how the proposal aligns with the APE Community’s mission and guiding values.

–Ape help Ape. The ultimate health of this Ecosystem will be community support and activation. Those individuals that were not able to claim could have missed on life changing assets that would provide resources to help give back more to community (equipment, classes, housing, art making tools, etc.) The extra amount put back into the EcoSystem fund is negligible at this time compared to how it can help individuals and thus help the entire web 3 ecosystem.

Specifications | A detailed breakdown of the platforms and technologies that will be used.

–Current site and claim technology

Steps to Implement | The steps to implement the proposal, including associated costs, manpower, and other resources for each step where applicable.

–A simple vote and reopening of the claim window for anyone who WAS holding an eligible token prior to the claim window ending and still IS holding the same token. No way to “cheat the system”

Timeline | Relevant timing details, including but not limited to start date, milestones, and completion dates.

–Reopen ASAP and have open for 14 days and announce on ApeCoin.com and BAYC discord/twitter.

Overall Cost | The total cost to implement the proposal.

-Negligible.

4 Likes

I belive there is no problem to allow claim and for those who bought after claiming ended. If the community will decide to extend the time frame, better to give the chance to everyone.

2 Likes

Open to either, thats for sure. Figured I would start with people who had before the claim expired. If community wants to extend to people who acquired after that is ok with me.

But to be clear, first i’m advocating for people who held before the claim ended.

Thanks for voting and spreading the word, means the world to me and my family!

3 Likes

Hope everyone is having a great weekend, please take a few seconds to vote and help the community that had unfortunate situations that prevented them from claiming their ApeCoin before the expiration.

Thank You!

3 Likes

Giving this a bump, please add a vote and help spread the word.

Your help (one click!) will mean a lot to all affected.

Thank you and have a great day!

2 Likes

Hi @ARTmetaverse,

Your topic will be automatically closing in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received, or do you wish to extend community discussion for a further 7 days?

We look forward to hearing from you.

- river

1 Like

Hi River,

How are you?

How can I get my topic officially voted on by the community?

Thank you,
Ari

1 Like

Hi @ARTmetaverse,

Thank you for your question.

A moderator will review the submitted proposal in a timely manner. If any questions arise, a moderator will reach out to you directly.

If a proposal requires administrative review, it will be collected and presented to the Special Council on a weekly basis.

If approved, the proposal will be set for the upcoming weekly AIP release time on Snapshot. As a reminder, new AIPs are posted to Snapshot every week on Thursday at 9PM ET. The voting for each proposal in each weekly batch will be open for voting for six days, closing at 9PM ET on the following Wednesday.

Thanks,

river

1 Like

Thanks River, I will keep an eye out, have a great day!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thank you @ARTmetaverse for your ideas and the ApeCoin DAO community for the thoughtful discussions. A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @ARTmetaverse please see your messages for the next steps.

- river

1 Like

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

This Topic has been rejected based on the DAO-approved guidelines due to no response in the last 30 days. The Topic may be submitted again by any user and upon approval, will be open for 7 days for community discussions.

This Topic will move and remain in the Withdrawn AIPs category.

-Pearson