I propose to build a consumer spending data analytics platform accessible to MadeByApes brands. This platform will monitor on-chain ApeCoin transactions carried out by NFT holders, offering insightful data via user-friendly dashboards and query responses. This data will empower MadeByApes entrepreneurs, assisting them in crafting their unique reward systems.
Furthermore, the platform will introduce a proprietary ranking system, categorizing ApeCoin spenders into distinct tiers. This stratification will aid MadeByApes businesses in pinpointing and targeting potential customers.
Web3 loyalty programs have emerged as a promising area of focus, drawing significant venture capital investment over recent years. A majority of these initiatives aim to bridge the gap with Web2 brands, developing platforms that foster cross-brand loyalty rewards. However, a pressing challenge for these projects is justifying the creation and issuance of new tokens rather than simply using USD as a universally accepted rewards currency.
In contrast, the Ape ecosystem doesn’t grapple with this dilemma, largely due to the integration of ApeCoin and MadeByApes. Brands within this ecosystem naturally gravitate towards ApeCoin as the preferred loyalty currency.
This proposal serves the best interests of the APE community as it seeks to harness the power of ApeCoin’s decentralized finance mechanisms to foster cross-brand loyalty rewards programs among MadeByApes brands. The ultimate goal is to cultivate a vibrant rewards ecosystem, elevate customer engagement, and amplify both the utility and value of ApeCoin.
Blockchain Interaction Service:
- Monitors the Ethereum network for new pending transactions related to NFT holder addresses
- Pseudo real-time synchronization of confirmed on-chain transactions through internal ingestion pipelines
- Could consider integrating with third-party services like Infura or QuickNode for back up
NFT Holder Address Tracking Service:
- Tracks wallet transfers of APE NFTs and updates ownership records to an internal database accordingly
- Potentially need to purchase API services from popular NFT marketplaces to query for NFT transfers/sales
- Periodically perform data aggregations for optimizing indexed queries
- Renders the UI via browsers
- Handles client requests, routes them to the appropriate services, and handles rate limiting and security.
Authentication & Authorization Service:
- Ensure data analytics access is to the sole benefit of APE NFT holders
Development will start as soon as the proposal is passed. The goal is to have a working prototype within 6 months, and site launch in 9 months.
With 4+ years of experience as a software engineer at prestigious companies, I have honed my skills in designing distributed software systems and implementing various software services. I will be the author and sole developer of this system. I kindly propose a funding of 300,000 $APE for this project to cover all computing resource purchases, maintenance of the site for 2 years, as well as labor cost.
Future proposal could be made to expand the system to track all ApeCoin transactions and establish spending tiers for all ApeCoin spenders. However, in this proposal I will focus solely on APE NFT holders (BAYC/MAYC) in terms of building data analytics.