Onboarding new community members

Abstract
Two or three sentences that summarize the proposal.

The introduction to the apeverse could be done as an informational onboarding video which gives the member an overview of all the elements of the apeverse and how they can contribute / have fun / interact with everything.

Motivation
A statement on why the APE Community should implement the proposal.

It’s quite confusing figuring out where to get information on apes, mutants, doggos, coin, otherside, yuga etc etc. If you are not in the discord chats for a dedicated amount of time it’s not very clear.

Rationale
An explanation of how the proposal aligns with the APE Community’s mission and guiding values.

Long term growth of community and creating value for community members is the goal. Lowering onboarding friction helps grow community and empowering community members to make it a better place by getting them to understand how they can contribute adds value to other community members, resulting in a virtuous circle of ape goodness :slight_smile:

Key Terms (optional)
Definitions of any terms within the proposal that are unique to the proposal, new to the APE Community, and/or industry-specific.

[Requesting others to add input please]

Specifications
A detailed breakdown of the platforms and technologies that will be used.

[Would be great to get some ideas / suggestions / input from others, namely people running the projects, however i purpose something along the following lines]

• one intro video link which is valid for all the projects (bayc, apecoin, otherside, yuga and more as they come along)
  • that intro link is permalink on each channel, discords, Twitter accounts, here, websites etc.
  • starts high level explaining apeverse, how it started, where it is today, what are the Projects, coins, companies etc involved and how they interact with each other as well as how they do not
  • explain mission, roadmap
  • explain how important announcements will be communicated per project (ideally same way for all, create an industry standard to reduce chances of phishing, hacks etc, look at what just happened to the IG account and ape theft)
  • tell how community members can play, interact, have fun, contribute in the different projects
  • give info for “further reading” and in depth guides per project.

Steps to Implement
The steps to implement the proposal, including associated costs, manpower, and other resources for each step where applicable.

[No idea, you are the pros, i think the video will need to be constantly updated to make sure it is relevant and doesn’t give false information]

Timeline
Relevant timing details, including but not limited to start date, milestones, and completion dates.

[Dependent on resource allocation to copy writing, design and videography]

Overall Cost
The total cost to implement the proposal.

[No idea but i would have an intern write copy, and the design / video team of yuga do it because those are beautiful!] Maybe one month project.

3 Likes

Sounds good. I agree that much of our work at this phase is to organize what we already have rather than create new projects and spin-offs. I see your video as making strides toward this. The more consolidation the less confusion. And there are simple modern tools such as this forum to help us. Please see my post / proposal on A.P.E., a entertainment sub-community where the first goal is to harness our collective talent. The thought behind it is that we most likely have massive native talent without having to outsource: graphic designers, comedians, lawyers, etc. Why not utilize this? Looking fwd to your thoughts on that, and best to you on this idea.

3 Likes

Thanks and wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment / angle. The community does have the talent and enthusiasm to execute this. However i believe the task force should have a SPOC from the team to give direction.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thank you @amadeobee for your ideas and the ApeCoin DAO community for the thoughtful discussions. A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow the here as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @amadeobee please see your messages for the next steps.

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

This Topic has been rejected based on the DAO-approved guidelines due to no response in the last 30 days. The Topic may be submitted again by any user and upon approval, will be open for 7 days for community discussions.

This Topic will move and remain in the Withdrawn AIPs category.

-moonkt