APE Idea: Ape economic council

Abstract
Two or three sentences that summarize the proposal.

Those among us with advanced understanding of economies should meet periodically to review indicators and track the health of the $APE economy

Motivation
A statement on why the APE Community should implement the proposal.

The distribution of advanced macroeconomic understanding is likely to be within the range of that in the general population. Those of us with specialized domain knowledge in currency economies should work to educate the larger community and make considered suggestions for policy

Rationale
An explanation of how the proposal aligns with the APE Community’s mission and guiding values.

We want this experiment to survive long enough to learn something, so we should say something when we see drastically reckless moves, and we should track indicators to measure the trend in order to validate the changes the community makes

Key Terms (optional)
Definitions of any terms within the proposal that are unique to the proposal, new to the APE Community, and/or industry-specific.

Please let me know if any of the words I used require definition.

Specifications
A detailed breakdown of the platforms and technologies that will be used.

Just a simple discord channel to start. We can talk about tech for tracking indicators and reporting results once we identify the group

Steps to Implement

• Call for volunteers
  • Agree on meeting platform
  • Agree on time to meet
  • Commune on schedule and goals
  • Propose options for action
  • Commune on course of actions
  • Act
  • Repeat

[Start typing here]

Timeline
Relevant timing details, including but not limited to start date, milestones, and completion dates.

I would classify this as an existential requirement, so yeah, the sooner the better.

Overall Cost
The total cost to implement the proposal.

TBD

9 Likes

Like the idea and would be happy to help in any possible way. The community is still young and the actual utility of APE token is limited. But we would need to have more informed decisions moving forward. This is especially relevant in the context of ApeChain (or ApeRollup lol) that is being discussed here.

2 Likes

Love the idea would love to get involved

2 Likes

Sign me up as a volunteer. You’re right, to get started, a simple Discord channel should suffice with an afternoon or evening meet time. To me it’s all about relevant data, facts and narrative, this is right up my alley since I love to organize facts and data into an actionable plan (thus my nickname Gridze). Our initial goals can identify and prioritize important lanes and indicators. And yes, time is of the essence, let’s get this done!

2 Likes

Getting the APEdao discord up running is truly important for the community growing.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thank you @steal.neal for your ideas and the ApeCoin DAO community for the thoughtful discussions. A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @steal.neal please see your messages for the next steps.

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

This Topic has been rejected based on the DAO-approved guidelines due to no response in the last 30 days. The Topic may be submitted again by any user and upon approval, will be open for 7 days for community discussions.

This Topic will move and remain in the Withdrawn AIPs category.

- river