Special Council Weekly Reports - AIP-305

We are pleased to publish the Special Council Weekly Updates!

Weekly Report Linked Here

:memo: SC Weekly Updates Oct 1-8 2023
:memo: SC Weekly Updates Oct 9-15 2023
:memo: SC Weekly Updates Oct 16-22 2023
:memo: SC Weekly Updates Oct 23 - Nov 5 2023
:memo: SC Weekly Updates Nov 6 -12 2023
:memo: SC Weekly Updates Nov 13 -19 2023
:memo: SC Weekly Updates Nov 20 - 26 2023
:memo: SC Weekly Updates Nov 27 - Dec 3 - [details may be captured in Dec 4-10 report due to elections cycle]
:memo: SC Weekly Updates Dec 4 - 10 2023
:memo: SC Weekly Updates Dec 11 - 17 2023
:memo: SC Weekly Updates Dec 18 - 24 2023
:memo: SC Weekly Updates Dec 25 - 31 2023
:memo: SC Weekly Updates Jan 1 - 7 2024
:memo: SC Weekly Updates Jan 8 - 14 2024
:memo: SC Weekly Updates Jan 15 - 21 2024
:memo: SC Weekly Updates Jan 22 - 28 2024
:memo: SC Weekly Updates Jan 29 - Feb 4 2024
:memo: SC Weekly Updates Feb 5 - Feb 11 2024
:memo: SC Weekly Updates Feb 12 - Feb 18 2024
:memo: SC Weekly Updates Feb 19 - Feb 25 2024
:memo: SC Weekly Updates Feb 26 - Mar 3 2024
:memo: SC Weekly Updates Mar 4 - Mar 10 2024
:memo: SC Weekly Updates Mar 11 - Mar 17 2024
:memo: SC Weekly Updates Mar 18 - Mar 24 2024
:memo: SC Weekly Updates Mar 25 - Mar 31 2024
:memo: SC Weekly Updates Apr 1 - Apr 7 2024
:memo: SC Weekly Updates Apr 8- 14 2024

This report captures a weekly snapshot of the day-to-day processes, achievements, and commentary from the Special Council following AIP-305. These reports will be provided to the community on a weekly cadence with the goal of fostering transparency and allowing the community to stay informed.

This post will be added to weekly to keep everything organized

[Last Update Apr 22, 2024]

26 Likes

Hi ApeCoin DAO community,

We are pleased to publish the Special Council Weekly Update!

Oct 9-15 2023 Report published in link below
:memo: SC Weekly Updates Oct 9-15 2023

This report captures a weekly snapshot of the day-to-day processes, achievements, and commentary from the Special Council following AIP-305.

7 Likes

My POV:

As people challenge the SC’s value and the amount of time they spend actually working, these are actually an ideal way to stop that critique and provide documentation that can be cross checked across sources. I think it’s a value add to SC members to do this given the potential boost in public perception it could provide.

I’d love to see more specifics. Instead of saying we had 10 meetings, give a super brief outline of those meetings. Who did you meet with? What was the topic? What was the outcome? I’m going to guess every SC member takes meeting notes as is standard practice for every org I’ve been a part of, so hopefully this actually is just a quick copy and paste in some cases instead of a lot of additional work. Also if you have dozens of meetings a week where updates for each one wouldn’t be practical, maybe focus on outlining the outcomes of the meetings that you felt made the most impact and you’re most excited about. That can cut down the amount of time and effort while still providing valuable additional insights to the community at large.

I understand that for privacy and in some cases legal reasons not all details can be given, but I think things are far too general right now to provide at least me any value in reading many of these.

For context I actually voted against this AIP, but now that it’s implemented, let’s make the most of it.

11 Likes

This.

@BoredApeG it would be nice to see more detail into what’s on the agenda next week, rather than Pinky and the Brain references please? :wink:

5 Likes

I agree with you, a summary and feedback on meetings is interesting even for community members.
But it was great that way too.

2 Likes

this should be the bare minimum.

According to their role description, we should be seeing

• evidence of the meticulous reviews they’ve completed on every AIP.
  • Their contributions to the governance structure of the DAO.
  • Opinion essays, some body of work outlining the current problems the DAO faces.

we really don’t see any of this. atm, the only Proof of work is a link to random twitter spaces with ranting and arguing.

6 Likes

Hi ApeCoin DAO community,

We are pleased to publish the Special Council Weekly Update for Oct 16-22 2023 - Links have been updated on the first post

6 Likes

Yes, this is a great suggestion. Thanks @mattborchert

2 Likes

Imho, I think we are getting into Micromanagement here. A bigger question, lets say quarterly basis is the ApeCoin DAO going in the right direction?

I also voted against this AIP. I think monthly is the right Cadence for a Special Council Report so it could have something with meaningful conclusions, but also not be an excessive burden on the SC in terms of time and as you say avoid any legal risks and extra costs to check them.

As @rembrandt called them “opinion essays” those deeper summaries on a monthly basis make more sense.

4 Likes

This already passed fam. No need to bump a dead thread.

5 Likes

Fully agree with this! Micromanagement is a receipe for failure and unnecessary administrative bloat is the worst way to spend the time of our talented members. Monthly is a typical cadence for effective corporate oversight.

1 Like

I appreciate you reused the term offered up by BB guy but asking for more transparency on the work Special Council perform (which was the sole purpose of the AIP) does not really qualify as micromanagement - you’d need much more interference from “us” imo, and there simply isn’t any related here.

Thanks.