Unrecognised wallets & Staking

Hi everyone, I’m new here after buying half a dozen Apecoins on the weekend (not many I know)
I bought my Apecoins on Revolut, which is where they are held and they aren’t recognised by the wallet here, neither is the Coinbase wallet or Binance.
I had to buy a new Apecoin through Coinbase, transfer to MetaMask and then link it here so I could join the forum.

So my questions are:

1. When it comes to staking I won’t be able to do that through Revolut, so would you suggest holding those I’ve got and purchasing further Apecoin - (im planning on investing each month) through the coin base to MetaMask way?

2. Are there any plans to add Coinbase to your list of Wallets?

5 Likes

Hey @MrsRose I’m thrilled that you recently joined the ApeCoin ecosytem, forum & DAO a warm welcome!

I personally use Revolut too but for crypto I prefer to get tokens directly on Binance and then transfer them on MetaMask. To answer your questions:

1. Best way is to buy on exchange and then transfer to MetaMask, which then in turn you’ll be able to stake when the service becomes available. (I believe deposits start on the 24th of November and rewards start on the 8th of December if no major bugs are discovered through the bounty.)
  1. I believe Snapshot supports Coinbase wallet, I’ve attached a picture down below.

Welcome again to the forum and feel free to reach out if you have any questions!

Moonlyght :gorilla:

3 Likes

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. Definitely putting all my coins in MetaMask before staking starts.

2 Likes

Pleasure is mine! Good luck and I’ll see you around in the forum.

Moonlyght :gorilla::yellow_heart:

Hi, good to see you making the transition to crypto.

Coinbase/Revolut are ok places to start, but know they are suboptimal. You can buy crypto directly from the Metamask wallet if you want with your credit card, make it all easier. Use the “buy” button right on the front screen.
Screen Shot 2022-11-09 at 9.22.05 PM

We want to get you over to non-KYC methods, but one step at a time. :grin:

1 Like

Welcome to the Ape DAO fam @MrsRose! We’re so glad to have you join us, and thank you for your thoughtful questions :cherry_blossom:

Welcome! I tend to keep my $APE on my Ledger hardware wallet, which also easily connects via WalletConnect, if you’re looking for an alternative storage solution that is also interface-friendly.

3 Likes