Proposal Name: Apeverse - A Multi-language Web Hub for Ape Ecosystem and $APE Holders
Proposal Category: Ecosystem Fund Allocation
The aim of Apeverse is to bring more utilities to ApeCoin, deliver meaningful information about the Ape ecosystem, and facilitate an active $APE holders’ community.
Due to the large number and wide distribution of Ape community members, information such as news and activities cannot be effectively conveyed because of language and geographical restrictions. Therefore, we want to build an Ape ecosystem website named Apeverse to deliver Ape-related information to ApeCoin holders in a timely manner, and to show the development of the Asia-Pacific community to $APE global holders.
Apeverse will also bring more utilities to ApeCoin, including payment and membership systems. Our goal is to create a hub for users to view information and interact better with each other through ApeCoin.
Ape has a big global community whereas information may not be delivered effectively due to language and user behavior differences. Our team has held and participated in many Ape-related events in Asia and found that many high-quality activities were not fully exposed to the global community and vice versa. Therefore, we hope to provide an international platform to break geographical barriers.
We are active members of the Ape Asian community, $APE holders, and BAYC/MAYC/Otherdeed holders. We have successful track records of building communities in the Asia-Pacific area with 80k followers across different platforms.
Founders of Apeverse:
- ChrisL: worked for several top 200 crypto projects (based on CMC ranking) since 2018; highly experienced in project management and business development; created global communities with 10+ languages across 30+ countries.
- AlbertK: crypto OG since 2016; the first batch of crypto KOLs in China since 2017; successfully incubated 98Kdao(Twitter:@98Kdao) and BroLeon(Twitter:@BroLeonAus) which are popular communities in Asia.
The community can benefit from Apeverse in the following aspects:
Apeverse will be a multi-language website, starting with English, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean. More languages will be added as our community expands to new areas.
We want to make Apeverse an integration of all Ape-related information. News and activities across different geographical areas will be presented. Real-time statistics of ApeCoin and Ape NFTs will be shown for users to understand the trend in Ape markets.
Merchandise and Payments
An online store will be on Apeverse selling derivative products designed by the community. We will implement ApeCoin payment system ($APE only) in the store and partner with events and exhibitions to use $APE for ticket sales and other payment scenarios.
We wish to make Apeverse a place where members can interact with each other. There will be a chat module on different pages for viewers to share their opinions about ApeCoin and Ape NFT, or to match product designers with NFT owners. There will also be links to live AIPs, active votes, and $APE staking (once the function is live).
Products are presented in the form of web pages, which are divided into the following categories: homepage, news, activities, ApeCoin, Ape NFT, and merchandise.
The home page displays an overview of sub-pages, including news, activities, ApeCoin, NFT, merchandise, partners, and contact information. After the $APE staking function is launched, a dashboard will be added for statistics of ApeCoin staking such as APR/APY, TVL, the number of stakers, etc.
The News page is divided into 3 modules. The 1st displays Ape related news, showing news from official channels and mainstream media. The 2nd module is the Ape ecosystem articles. We will regularly invite independent writers (Asia-Pacific region) to report on the recent development of the Ape ecosystem. The 3rd module is to show the latest proposal on the ApeCoin forum including the recent APIs and the ongoing votes.
The activity page constitutes of 2 parts, online and offline activities. We will regularly launch creative writing campaigns with ApeCoin rewards. For offline events, we will update timely information about gatherings, conferences, and exhibitions of ApeCoin and Ape NFT holders in Asia.
This section displays the price chart of ApeCoin, real-time data (updated on time), and daily statistics summary (updated on a daily basis) on the dashboard. A message board will be added to this page. All holders of a minimum of 1$APE can sign from their wallet and leave their opinions on the board. A tipping function will be added for users to send $APE as tips to high-quality comments.
This part will capture and display the relevant data of the NFT market, including the floor price transaction volume, and other key data of Ape NFT. We will offer advanced data analytics for memberships, which will only accept $APE payments. Advanced functions include whale activities, KOLs account tracking, large transactions, address profits tracking, etc.
This page displays and sells derivative products of Ape NFTs, accepting $APE payments only. In the beginning, we will make three types of products: T-shirts, mobile phone cases, and frisbees. Other community-designed products will be listed in the store when the first stage is done. A message board will be added to facilitate conversations between NFT holders and designers.
Steps to Implement
- Website UI design and development
- Smart contract development for payments and tipping function
- The launch of the official version of Apeverse
- Derivate products design, manufacturing, and sale
- Keep monitoring the news info and real-time stats; update new events and activities
- Invite writers and create campaigns
- Add community-designed merchandise and launch the swag voting system
- Launch Apeverse membership system for advanced functions
- Proposal and voting - October-December 2022
- Website design and development – December-February 2022
- Official launch – March 2023
- Merchandise and tipping function added – April 2023
- Community-designed products added – May-June 2023
- Membership system and advanced stats and functions – July-September 2023
- On-going operations and updates – October-December 2023
The future revenue includes the profit from the sales of merchandise and the membership subscription fee. We expect to reach a break-even point after 1 year. We will need starting funds to cover the cost for the first year.
- UI/UX design * 2 people * 2 months = 5,000 * 2 * 2 = 20,000
- Website front-end development * 3 people * 2 months = 4000 * 3 * 2 = 24,000
- On-going development and maintenance of the website * 1 person * 10 months = 5,000 * 1 * 10 = 50,000
- Smart contract development *1 people * 1 months = 7,000 * 1 * 1 = 7,000
- Smart contract audit = 10,000
- Website content operations * 1 person * 10 months = 3,000 * 1 * 10 = 30,000
- Invited writers * 1 articles per month * 10 months = 500 * 1 * 10 = 5,000
- Marketing campaigns * 1 every 2 months * 10 months = 1000 * 0.5 * 10 = 5,000
- Derivative product design and physical prototype building = 10,000
- Others (domain name, server, etc.) = 3,000
Total: $164,000 for the first year.
- The Chinese Version of this proposal
As suggested by community members, we made a Chinese version for showing to Chinese $APE holders and Ape NFT holders. We created a separate link to avoid making this page too long to view.
The Chinese version can be viewed at: Apeverse - Ape 生态系统和 $APE 持有者的多语言信息分享平台 — 0xChrisL.
- Past articles we published about the Ape ecosystem
We have published Ape-related articles on Asian media platforms, e.g. BAYC’s Successful Evolution: Analysis of the Brand Value Behind It. This article was widely spread in the Chinese web3 communities: https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/h3OpFpfWUdVevKMpdd_o0Q
The English version: The Successful Evolution of BAYC: Anatomy of the Brand Value Beh… — 0xChrisL.
We also periodically summarized stats of Ape NFT to the Asian community groups. Here’s one example we made before: Bored Ape Weekly Report (Aug 1 to Aug 7) — 0xChrisL.
The Bored Ape Gazette forwarded our work: https://www.theboredapegazette.com/post/stats-take-a-closer-look-at-the-sales-numbers-for-the-bayc-mayc-from-aug-14-20-2022.