To produce 12 independent animations with a run time of 1 minute each.
This proposal introduces an ecosystem-wide casting call to all eligible IP Holders powered by ApeCoin. The animators of Atrium have experience with Disney, Pixar, HBO, Netflix & more and await the opportunity to co-create with community members. Funding this proposal showcases ApeCoin’s dedication to providing new avenues for creators and results in 12 animations under a “Legend of ApeCoin” theme.
Rationale of Value Added to ApeCoin
- In an increasingly digital landscape, content rules permanence and brand recall. Good brands build timeless content that fans can anchor on. That in turn creates an increasingly valuable ecosystem around it. As the canon storylines are created officially by Yuga, this proposal to the ApeCoin DAO community has a unique opportunity to co-create equally memorable characters and storylines that are completely driven bottoms-up.
- Being crypto native and having highly experienced talent from the animation industry (Pixar, Sony, Netflix, Dreamworks, Marvel), Atrium is uniquely positioned to work with ApeCoin DAO to create content that appeals to mainstream audience, bring more awareness to an already lovable crypto-native brand and deliver co-created cinematic content.
How does this benefit DAO + DAO members?
- ApeCoin DAO produces the storylines the community creates involving the ApeCoin brand.
- Co-create with crypto native network of qualified animators and filmmakers.
- Reinforces top of mind for community-produced content on all social channels (Atrium’s previously created content has recorded millions of impressions and hundreds of thousands of views in aggregate).
- Crypto native distribution mechanism of artifacts used in the production (content viewing, companion mints all made available free to the community members)
Based on the overall reception of the pilot short-film series, if community wants to expand on any specific storyline - Atrium will have logistics In place to build out the series with follow-up proposal.
What is Atrium?
Atrium is a blockchain-backed network of artists and creators. Disciplines represented on Atrium currently include Screenwriting, Animation, Concept Art, Voice Actors, and Music production.
Securing top-quality creative talent who are well versed in the NFT space and committed to supporting the long-term growth of an ecosystem is extraordinarily difficult. Here at Atrium, we have curated and nurtured a collective of outstanding animators, illustrators, storytellers, and all-around remarkable creatives.Take a look at a few of our creators below.
Funds requested from ApeCoin
Our independent artists and animators will produce 12 stories for the first series. Each animated story will have a run-time of 1:00min - 1:10min. Proposal funds will be inclusive of:
Logistics for running the casting call
Concept development & Storyboarding
Music and Sound design
This ‘Legend of ApeCoin’ proposal reflects ApeCoins value of boldness. We know that storytelling is no easy task, and cinematic animation is incredibly difficult to produce. This, however, doesn’t mean that Hollywood-level production quality is unattainable.
This proposal allows IP owners to build a story and universe around their desired character to share that story in the form of a beautifully crafted piece of animated content with the world.
Should the owner and community want to expand on that story and build on any traction, then Atrium’s Artists are on hand to continue that development and build out a series or feature-length piece.
Here at Atrium, we also share the ApeCoins value of equality; this is central to everything we do. We believe that anyone with a strong character, idea, or presence should be able to have an unforgettable producer experience that unites and engages the community and reflects the wealth of opportunities the BAYC and ApeCoin have created for their owners.
For greater context on the cost of good animation studios, they are typically priced anywhere from $10K to $25K per minute. In some cases, content featuring stars can push that price up to 200k per minute.
While we are not a large studio, our talent has already proven themselves in the space and is anxiously awaiting the opportunity to create with the community.
For us, this is only the beginning, here at Atrium, our core mission is to empower those with a story to connect with the artists who can bring it to life. This proposal is the start of bringing that creative utility to the ApeCoin community.
BAYC has ushered in a new era of community experiences, commercial opportunities, and a disruptive and fresh approach to brand building.
At Atrium, we believe that creators, VFX artists, and animators will contribute untold value to the Web 3.0 space. Their creative skills can enrich the experience of IP owners and collectors and transform the creative identity and reach of brands.
We are dedicated to onboarding exceptional industry talent into the Web 3.0 space and, by doing so, redefining what community-generated content can mean. This positions Atrium at the nexus of changing fanfiction for a generation and elevating beloved characters known and unknown to a global stage.
Steps to Implement
- We will announce the central theme of ApeCoin to ensure all animations have a common thread running through them. Whether you see ApeCoin as a coveted treasure on an island or a precious fuel source for an intergalactic saga, we are thrilled to see how the community embraces multiple worlds tied together through this central arc.
- The casting call invites the community to nominate their chosen characters that our animators will bring to life, this is the spark that lights the fire of creativity within the ApeCoin community. This kicks off the process in which holders can shape the ApeCoin storyverse, creating a community lead narrative. Defining who their characters become, what they do, and how their story arcs evolve. We estimate this to occur in early January and expect the animation process to take between 4 - 6 weeks to complete each animation.
- Our artists, 3D_PrintGuy, Phuncal, ZenDoubt, HKjay, RetroSketch, Indy, and others, will select their favorite characters from the casting call. They will then invite the owners into a personalized producer experience. Here the collectors will act as co-creators, working alongside our industry veterans to produce a unique 1/1 animation.
- Casting call winners are then invited to provide input and feedback on major creative element of the project. This includes the script, animatic feedback, music, and even voice acting where relevant.
- Taking a page from 10KTF, we plan to select a day every two weeks to share content previews throughout the process. While we are prepared to release content previews ourselves to engage the community, we do feel coordinating previews with existing spaces and other content proposals would be a great collaboration opportunity.
- Upon completion, we will premiere the completed animations on Twitter and a web-app created by Atrium. We believe leveraging a multi-sig wallet for delivery of the final animations ApeCoin is financing to be the best custody solution.
- Multi-sig wallet Signers include the final casting call winners and will be a 5/13 (1 signer per story created + 1 atrium) signature requirement mandate.While outside of the scope of this proposal, we can also look into putting all episodes in a tessera vault and fractionalizing all of the episodes for collection by the broader community.
- Finally, we will initiate the second casting call, extending new owners the opportunity to create a character to be featured and existing owners the opportunity to refine their proposals from the first casting call. The final 6 characters will be chosen from this.
- We will then invite the entire community to choose their favorite characters from those submitted for the casting call. We will then share this shortlist with our animators, who will make their selections. This also provides an excellent opportunity for all ApeCoin holders to have a say in the storyline, regardless of the NFT they hold.
- The first tranche of our plan will allow us to introduce three new animations with the first animation being released in February and the others by April 2023 and then throughout August 2023.
Web App Creation
- Iron out the Product requirements for the web-app
- Define the final UX workflow for the web-app
- Create front-end for the required workflows
- Wire up any backend and infra dependency for the Video delivery + content viewing
- Launch of the web-app Work on this web-app to happen in parallel with the production of the first few episodes after casting call kickoff.
Not in scope
- Multi lingual
- Mobile app native workflows