AIP-169: Beyond the SWAMP: Bimonthly ApeCoin & Yuga Labs Focused Magazine + NFT

Hi CL… I think in order for people to embrace ApeCoin we have to open their eyes to the Yugaverse as a whole. After all, ApeCoin will become the coin of Otherside; which, if everything goes according to plan will be an interoperable metaverse for all projects wishing to use it.

Beyond the SWAMP will onboard people to ApeCoin by creating an entire ecos built around it. Tokens will be purchased in ApeCoin; advisors, artists, content creators and contributors will be paid in ApeCoin; and all future revenue produced by in-magazine advertisments will be received in ApeCoin. To be honest, I view this as a premiere example of how leaders in our community can maximize ApeCoin use cases when building out there projects.

I would also add that not everyone has extra APE in their wallets; or in many cases outside of the Yugaverse–at all. Therefore, even just the act of converting coins to APE when purchasing Beyond the SWAMP helps get people more in-tune with using it. Perhaps even bridging a gap between Web3 and traditional e-commerce; which is an important onboarding tool unto itself.

We are also very proud to be efforting this pitch to the ApeCoinDAO and aim to become an inspiration for others to do the same; where we plan on showcasing other DAO-led initiatives and approved AIPs. Additionally, if given permission we intend on placing the wording “Powered by ApeCoin” right on the front cover of the magazines directly underneath our branding.

Essentially, the goal is for our publication to become a vessel for all things ApeCoin; which includes the Yugaverse and its growing communities.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Bump! Keeping the conversation rolling as we continue refining our draft. Also wanted to give a shout out to everyone who has given feedback so far; you are valued and have been provided awesome perspective.

One of the primary revisions we’re working on right now is how we plan on grabbing more attention from outside of our communities. Curious what everyone thinks about a 75/25 split between ApeCoin/Yuga related content and other projects/communities we can showcase. Perhaps giving regular spots for Doodles, GCG, Moonbirds and CloneX among others.

We also really liked BTs suggestion about including more NFTs per issue from partnering projects and people featured in the magazine. This thinking with our NFT rarity tiers.

Happy to field any more questions anyone may have :+1:

6 Likes

Morning AC

I’m not sure there needs to be a % of content dedicated to a collection. Having the themes of content centered around the values of ApeCoin would allow other projects to submit content that remains within a relevant theme.

This allows you and your team to select the content each issue that is best rather than based on percentages. I think this would also lend to the uniqueness of each issue in seeing what communities were able to produce the best content to showcase what they are doing and working on in the space.

5 Likes

Thanks for taking all the feedback in stride. Just a couple of questions for clarification:

• What’s the total ask now?
  • How many magazines will be printed in total?

Just want to provide a simplified cost per magazine for the community.

Cheers
SSP :v:t4:

2 Likes

I like this. And the uniqueness having a slightly less-rigid approach would bring… Will include this in our final draft.

Good feedback Anaroth :+1:

4 Likes

Ssp, thanks for chiming in.

Based off of an initial run of 350 copies + accompanying NFTs our total cost per magazine runs around $141.64 for the first issue; however it is important to remember that as a startup, many of these expenses incur before we are operational. Another factor that should be taken into consideration is that we are a bimonthly periodical with plans to scale-up production as interest grows without any further aid. For example, if we produce 350 copies for our first issue but 500 on our second and then 750 for issues 3-6 the average cost per magazine during our first year ends up costing the community only about $15.99 per issue; a relatively low investment for 3100 units of impactful visibility and content.

Hope that helps…

2 Likes

Appreciate the clarification. Think it might also help the community to see this simple breakdown.

As you say, economies of scale will help reduce the cost per issue and hopefully you are able to get to that position.

Good luck - SSP✌🏽

4 Likes

Great point… And will do.

Adding this to my notes now for final revisions. Have an awesome rest of your day :+1:

AC

3 Likes

Anaroth,

Caught the magazine mention on Spaces earlier and wanted to reach out and say how much we appreciated the sentiment. Love what you’re doing with Atrium and think there could be some really great synergy between our projects; and within the community as a whole. Reach out anytime if your team is ever in need of graffiti illustrations, would love to connect you with some of my circle.

All the best.

AC

6 Likes

Awareness comes from collaboration. If we are creating content it feels natural to want to showcase that in community initiatives.

I think it might even allow you to start putting some definitive content towards issue one as you grow the proposal in future stages.

While the articles and features themselves wont be written just yet, some of the features could help articulate the vision you have.

4 Likes

Love this.

You also just sparked some fun ideas to include in our final draft package that will help the community visualize what Beyond the SWAMP can look like.

AC

4 Likes

Hi @AllCityBAYC,

Your topic will be automatically closing in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received, or do you wish to extend community discussion for a further 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

-Pearson

2 Likes

Pearson,

We are thrilled about the feedback received and busy at work crafting our final draft. Please allow us to provide you with a reformed proposal in the next 3-7 days without any further need to remain in the ideas thread.

In the meantime, if there are any other suggestions from the community, please feel free to DM or find me on Twitter @AllCityBAYC :+1:

AC

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thank you @AllCityBAYC for your ideas and the ApeCoin DAO community for the thoughtful discussions. A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @AllCityBAYC please see your messages for the next steps.

-Pearson

2 Likes

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@AllCityBAYC has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

- river

3 Likes

The draft updates & added video LOOK GREAT. The costs are easy to read. You’ve done a really good job @AllCityBAYC working w/ the community to incorporate feedback. I’m excited to see this move forward!

6 Likes

Ehhhhhh… Appreciate you Todd; and all of the continued dialogue :muscle: :muscle:

AC

2 Likes

Agree with 0xSword, updated visuals and video look really good. The quality is top notch.

Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but when the time comes for written submissions and contributions how will you coordinate that with the community?

3 Likes