Proposal name: Add new Discourse Category for “Administrative Review”
Proposal category: Process
In the current format of forum.apecoin.com, it is currently difficult to follow the status of an AIP once it has been sent to the Special Council for Administrative Review. This is between AIP Drafts and Withdrawn AIPs (for returned AIPs) or Live AIPs (if it has been approved to vote). This proposal seeks to add a category on Discourse to easily identify those under Special Council review.
The motivation of this AIP is to provide further clarity on Discourse about the AIPs and the step in which it is in. If an AIP is tagged with Needs Administrative Review, the AIP currently sits in AIP Drafts until it is returned for reconstruction, clarification, or approved to vote.
Adding this new Discourse category will specifically identify those AIPs currently being reviewed by the Special Council.
The rationale is to provide further transparency to the community. The current governance process was approved in AIP-1 and while AIP-7 restructured Discourse to a more user-friendly format and view, it is time to iterate forward again and add a new Discourse category.
This AIP uses the existing Discourse forum at forum.apecoin.com.
The specific steps to implement would be as follows.
First, the Discourse category would need to be created:
- Add a new Discourse category
- Category Name is “Administrative Review”
- All users can See and Reply to the topics
- Only moderators can create or move topics into this category
- Put the category under AIP Drafts and before Final AIPs
- The description of the category should be as follows: AIPs that have been tagged with Needs Administrative Review for the Special Council to determine if clarification or further actions are required before moving to a vote.
Second, an update to the procedures would be implemented as follows:
- When the AIP is sent to Special Council for Administrative Review, the topic or AIP in Discourse is moved from AIP Drafts to Administrative Review.
- If the topic or AIP is approved to vote, it will move to Live AIPs at the next weekly release.
- If the topic or AIP is returned for reconstruction, it will move to Withdrawn AIPs.
- If the topic or AIP is returned for clarification, it will move back to AIP Drafts for the author to answer the questions from the Special Council.
The Ape Foundation is expected to implement these changes to forum.apecoin.com.
The new category and process shall be implemented as soon as this AIP is passed.
This is a procedural and process update; there are no direct expenses to implement this AIP.