Proposal Name: Community Discourse Facilitators
Proposal Category: Process
This proposal suggests the creation of an ApeCoin DAO Discourse Facilitation team to facilitate the DAO-approved governance process, in addition to maintaining a productive environment within the DAO’s governance platform. The team will be responsible for overseeing the proposal process, moderating discussions, enforcing rules, and promoting positive community engagement based on DAO-approved guidelines. Under this proposal, the DAO will select two Discourse Facilitators via DAO-wide vote, while @Lost.Admin will be seeded as the third Discourse Facilitators, to ensure continuity from the current Discourse Facilitator team. Come August 2023, the responsibility to choose the Discourse Facilitation team will be assigned to the Governance Working group, provided that the DAO votes to approve the Working Groups structure.
This AIP is authored by Stewards of WG0: @adventurousape @Amplify @badteeth @Halina.eth @Lost @Vulkan @Waabam
Facilitating the AIP process on Discourse is essential to the governance of the DAO.
While this function was performed by the DAO’s previous administrator, the responsibility was transferred to WG0 as a part of the effort to decentralize the DAO.
With WG0’s mandate coming to an end shortly, the DAO must contract new Discourse Facilitators to assume these responsibilities. The team will ensure that the Ape Improvement Proposal (AIP) process continues smoothly, in addition to overseeing that all discussions are productive and aligned with the DAO’s mission and values.
Collective Responsibility: We leave everything better than we found it.
During the recent DAO approved transition to new administrators, the responsibility to facilitate the AIP process by administering operations on Discourse was transitioned to the community. This proposal represents the next step in further decentralizing and strengthening our governance process.
Discourse Facilitator: The team of moderators and administrators in Discourse providing operational support and project management support for the Foundation.
Through this AIP, the DAO will engage 3 Discourse Facilitators for a period of 4 months. The DAO will select two Discourse Facilitators via DAO-wide vote, while @Lost.Admin will be seeded as the third Discourse Facilitators, to ensure continuity from the current Discourse Facilitator team. Future contracting of Discourse Facilitators will be performed by the Governance Working Group.
The Facilitator role includes, but is not limited to:
- Reviewing new users’ profiles and posts to Discourse.
- Troubleshooting user profile issues.
- Coordinating with authors to move AIPs through the pipeline and informing the community of these updates according to DAO approved guidelines.
- Creating Draft Analysis Reports (DARs), including a series of questions to authors, for Administrative Review.
- Coordinating an AIP Status Board via a Project Management Tool.
- Coordinating amongst themselves as Facilitators.
- Coordinating with the APE Foundation Administration Team.
Qualifications for Discourse Facilitators:
- Trust level 2 (Member Badge) on the ApeCoin Discourse.
- Excellent written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with community members, build rapport, and convey complex information clearly.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, prioritize workload effectively, and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of the ApeCoin DAO, with a strong understanding of the AIP process and the APE Community’s vision and values, as well as the key issues and trends in the industry.
- Patience and empathy, with the ability to listen to community members, understand their needs and concerns, and provide constructive support.
- Availability and full-time commitment, with the flexibility to monitor the community and respond to issues as they arise, including evenings and weekends if necessary.
Additional Requirements and Information:
- Discourse Facilitators must complete KYC
- Discourse Facilitators will be subject to contractual obligations with the APE Foundation
- Discourse Facilitators may not receive compensation for their role as a Discourse Facilitator outside of that compensation expressly provided for in this AIP.
- Eligible members of the ApeCoin DAO may not hold either a Steward role, Special Council Role, Discourse Facilitator, or DAO Secretary role concurrently.
Steps to Implement
- @Lost.Admin will serve as one Discourse Facilitator, and the other 2 will be selected by DAO-wide vote.
- The Ape Foundation is instructed to prepare a form to accept applications for Discourse Facilitators. The form should go live the same day this AIP is approved.
- The requirements, responsibilities, and expectations for the Discourse Facilitator position will be announced on Discourse.
- Once all applications have been received, and KYC has been performed, qualifying candidates will be put to DAO-wide vote.
- The Ape Foundation is required to prepare contracts for the Discourse facilitators to begin their work, outlining the duties, expectations, compensation, and term.
- The Discourse Facilitators will coordinate and collaborate with each other, and the Administrative team.
- April 20 - 26: This AIP goes to vote.
- April 26: This AIP is approved by DAO-wide vote.
- April 28: Candidates can begin applying for Discourse Facilitator role via Discourse.
- May 1: @Lost.Admin’s term as Discourse Facilitator under this AIP begins.
- May 5: Deadline to apply for Discourse Facilitator role.
- May 6 - 12: KYC processing.
- May 18 - 24: DAO-wide vote to select new Discourse Facilitators
- May 25 - 31: New Discourse Facilitators are onboarded.
- June 1: The 2 new Discourse facilitators’ term begins.
- August 31: Discourse Facilitator contract officially ends, pending renewal by the Governance Working Group.
$80,000 USD ($24,000 per month for 3 months, $8000 for 1 month)