Proposal Name: ApeCoin IRL - Decentralized Events Network
Category: Core - Ecosystem Fund Allocation
Author: SSP - Author AIP-64 IRL Events Feasibility Study
Abstract | Two or three sentences that summarize the proposal
ApeCoinIRL is bringing the power of local, in-person gatherings to the forefront of the ApeCoin Ecosystem. By establishing a Decentralized Events Network, we’re creating a seamless onboarding ramp for those entering Web3 and the ApeCoin ecosystem.
Small local meetups, informational events, and ApeCoin DAO at expos and conferences worldwide are hosted and managed by Local Champions, active members and ambassadors from the community including several BAYC/MAYC Clubs.
The Events Network will be built upon a cutting-edge tech stack that integrates a master calendar, an events directory, a CRM, and ticketing apps.
To complete the flywheel, ApeCoinIRL will serve as the IRL distribution network for all products and services born in the DAO.
Note: This is an experiment in possible Guilds, Squads, etc
Motivation | A statement on why the APE Community should implement the proposal
tl;dr IRL Events are magical for community building and brand awareness.
However, in the last year the ApeCoin DAO has approved and funded just one, single, solo IRL event (and one virtual event) - that’s an unsustainable model if our goal is to attract builders, founders, entrepreneurs, artists, creators, businesses, and new members to the ApeCoin ecosystem.
Our goals for 2023 could be to: double the number of ApeCoin members, triple the number of active DAO participants and quadruple the number of creative ideas, projects and proposals.
IRL events are just one pathway to accomplishing this, and sure I’m biased, but I’m a major advocate for funding as many well-crafted IRL events as possible, in as many cities across the world, led by as many community members willing to take on the role of local event organizer.
With this effort, we open up the doors for hundreds of local ambassadors to get involved and in return onboard thousands of new members.
And most importantly, we streamline the funding so that events can be designed, hosted and funded faster. Do you really want to to read 200+ AIPs for small, local events? I’m guessing the answer is no.
A Decentralized Events Network solves for this through an innovative, streamlined process.
Rationale | An explanation of how the proposal aligns with the APE Community’s mission and guiding values
- Boldness: We don’t shy away from the weird, the hard, or the new.
- Equality: One APE equals one APE.
When the DAO was founded, a clear directive was issued to promote Web3 culture through the power of EVENTS. The founders also recognized the value of in-person social gatherings in ensuring our growth and sustainability.
This proposal puts forth several fresh ideas to the DAO, which includes establishing a network that creates multiple opportunities for members to participate in local activities, regardless of their location. This by default enhances diversity, equity, and inclusivity within the DAO.
Key Terms (optional) | Definitions of any terms within the proposal that are unique to the proposal or new to the APE Community
Local Champions - DAO members, founders of local BAYC/MAYC Clubs, event professionals and Web3 advocates committed to hosting 5-12 events a year in their town, city, or region as ApeCoin DAO Ambassadors.
Prop House - is public infrastructure by Nouns DAO that helps internet communities incentivize ecosystem development.
Master Calendar - A public calendar showcasing every event where ApeCoin is represented IRL - mobile app to follow
Events CRM & Directory - backbone of our tech-stack powering connectivity, data aggregation and analytics
Discourse “Regular” Trust Level 3 - Regulars are the backbone of the community, the most active readers and reliable contributors over a period of months, even years. Because they’re always around, they can be further trusted to help tidy up and organize the community.
Working Group Zero (WG0) - Approved by AIP-196, WG0 was tasked with completing an RFP process to replace the original ApeCoin DAO administrators and propose an initial framework for DAO working groups.
Author & Team
This proposal has been a collective team effort:
Proposal author is SSP:
- Author of AIP-64 - IRL Events Feasibility Study
- ApeCoin Discourse Trust Level 3 (250+ consecutive days)
- Working Group Zero, member ApeComms and Twitter Spaces Co-Host
- 10+ years Luxury Brand Activations at Coachella Fest
- Operations Manager Yellowstone Club World - a Luxury Destinations Network
- Opening SWAT Team for multiple 5-Star Resorts and Private Country Clubs
- Tech Startup junkie - biggest win: sold a Virtual World for Kids Gaming App to king.com
Local Champions are:
UK Ape Club - MD3K - Founder & BAYC 2724
UK Ape Club - LeeAI, Creative Director FTC Festival, MAYC 1900
French Ape YC - Labmax, BAYC 5408/4068
Nordic-Baltic Apes - Sander the Ape, BAYC 95 - Organizer of NFT Tallinn
Aussie Apes Surfer Club - KennyL, BAYC#8855, CEO Metacollect NFT Gallery
EU Apes (Prague) - Strakovic, MAYC, building NFT Ticketing, Proof Collective
BAYCKada Phillipines - JBond, Founder, Investor, BAYC Maxi
Chinese ApesClub - Halina, Founder, MAYC#10108, ApeComms, BoredCalifornia
Shanghai, China - 0xChrisL, BAYC#4706, Author ApeVerse
Pacific NW - Vulkan, Founder Bored Bulletin, Steward, MAYC
NorCal Apes - ChrisB, Founder CryptoLogically, DEI
NorCal Apes - Lost, BAYC#9736, ApeComms, WG0 Steward
Denver Atlanta - Kalah, Founder St Rock Media, DEI
SoCal Apes - Bored LApes
Central Florida - Serpunk & web3cfl
Technology Launch Partners include:
- Enter.xyz Enter.xyz - Tech & Ticketing - Lubo
- Club.ID Club.ID - Identity & Payments - Fred
Specifications | A breakdown of the platforms and technologies that will be used
Collaborations with ApeCoin DAO service providers and members have taken place for the past 3 months, contracts and agreements TBD:
Domains: apecoinIRL.com, apecoinIRL.xyz, apecoinIRL.eth
Website & Hosting: TBD
Web2 Email & CRM: Outseta
Web3 CRM: Club.ID and/or Blocksee (both ApeCoin DAO services)
Master Calendar and Map: Localist or Splashthat
Ticketing and Passport: Enter.xyz (ApeCoin DAO member)
Branding/SWAG/Promos/Merch: TBD (ApeCoin DAO members)
Steps to Implement | The steps to implement the proposal
Should the DAO see the need for a Decentralized Events Network and this AIP passes, here are the steps to implementation with a probable Timeline based on funding in March, 2023:
Steps & Timeline
- April 15 - Complete the set-up of ApeCoinIRL as a non-profit organization, probably based in the US (Legal Counsel TBD)
- April 15 - Set-up Accounting & Financials
- April 15 - Set-up Multi-Sig Gnosis SAFE Wallet to accept Grant
- April 15 - Direct Local Champions to provide their Local Events Calendar for the year including Event, Dates, Venues, Estimated Budgets, Purpose
- April 15 - Local Champions to provide wallet address, social handles, emails and team
- April 30 - Set-up ApeCoin IRL Branding & Social Handles
- April 30 - Set-up ApeCoin IRL official website
- April 30 - Set-up Club.ID or Blocksee for CRM
- April 30 - Set-up Enter for Ticketing and Passport
- April 30 - Set-up Clickup/Outseta for Emails and Messaging
- April 30 - Set-up Localist/Splashthat
- April 30 - Set-up Prop House for Ad-Hoc Events
- April 30 - Set-up Collaborations with ApeCoin DAO products & services
- April 30 - Begin distributing Quarterly Funds to Local Champions
- April 30 - Design Branded Event Collateral, Promotional Items, Merch, SWAG
- April 30 - Create Protocols and Processes for Community Accountability & Reporting
- April/May/June - Begin socializing ApeCoin events
- April/May/June - Begin onboarding additional members as Local Champions
- April/May/June - Begin ApeCoin IRL Twitter Spaces/IG/Tik-Tok/YT
Overall Cost | These are Guidelines and Best Estimates
85% of Grant goes to Local DAO Ambassadors for 200+ Local Events
- Full-Time: 10-15 Events - 20k Events Budget & 5k Comp (in APE)
- Part-Time: 5-7 Events - 5k Events Budget & 2k Comp (in APE)
- Prop House: Up to 60 Events - 90k Events Budget & 10k Comp (in APE)
Funding is distributed quarterly for 4 consecutive quarters for the duration of one year
- 570,619 APE (in USD equivalent at $4.20 APE = $2,396,600)
- Plus ApeCoin Logo Usage for Events, Merch, SWAG and Promo Material
- Plus ApeCoin Twitter/Instagram/Tik-Tok reshares of #apecoinIRL
MISC Notes | Pitch Deck & Financials
This proposal is anticipating the changes in the AIP approval process, working groups and voting protocols - but instead of waiting for April 1st, the individuals, BAYC/MAYC groups and tech partners involved in ApeCoinIRL have decided to get this into the pipeline and waitlist
This proposal is based on financials that are purely estimates and guidelines only
This proposal is intended to create the MVP infrastructure for a Decentralized Events Network across 20 markets worldwide with an expectation to scale exponentially in 2024
We will return with separate proposals to build out the tech-stack once we have the analytics, data and best practices from this year - a platform that will be open for all ApeCoin DAO member events
This proposal is designed and open to letting other DAO members step-up to take on any and all responsibilities in this proposal - it is after all a DAO-owned operation
Here’s the pitch-deck (right-click and open in separate tab/window):
Here are the estimated financials: