AIP-260: Forever Apes // Welcome To ApeCoin, The IRL Onboarding Kit

Hi Russel,

Thanks for taking the time to read our proposal!

After going to multiple web3 events, spending time in the DAO since it’s inception, and identifying and understanding the core challengers of onboarding and bringing newcomers to the DAO, we feel that the reward for distributing an onboarding kit for IRL events heavily outweighs the risk.

Currently the DAO has no presence at events or meetups by default, we’re trying to help enable event organizers not only with a high quality merch vehicle (which also helps promote other community products + projects), but also as an educational tool that’s been identified over and over as something that’s much needed to help grow our community and welcome people into the ApeCoin DAO with open arms.

If you have alternate thoughts on how to onboard newcomers we’d love to hear it and would certainly include your input into our proposal! We’re taking our agency world learnings and trying to come up with a cost effective solution - this would be a much lower cost than traditional paid advertising or digital marketing, which one could argue is the most effective way to get eyes on something.

4 Likes

That man @12GAUGE and Forever Apes always coming with that cutting-edge, DAO-forward heat. As the IRL maxi I am, super pumped for this idea. Will be especially prescient to have DAO members also able to articulate the virtues of these kits as they hand them out, especially if we assume they’ll be placed in the hands of folks brand new to the DAO. I can imagine a presentation accompanying the distribution of these, and as someone else mentioned a partnership with @BojangleGuy’s “digital” version of this product as well.

Looking forward to updated mock-ups and pricing.

6 Likes

Appreciate the love Chris!

With the BAYC Council events grants announcement, we expect that the next 6-12 months will be very busy around the globe with get-togethers and would love to provide some high quality ApeCoin takeaways. We’ve been to a ton of web2 & web3 events over the years and typically event merch can be underwhelming and without purpose, we feel there’s an opportunity to change that. We’re essentially our own demographic as we built this idea out.

And of course shout out to @BojangleGuy - we expect to work quite closely together if both ideas pass. We also plan to involve as much community input as we possibly can to make sure this is something fun, memorable, and educational… but most importantly something that we’re all proud of.

2 Likes

Well, Apefest is this year, so I’m guessing enough to onboard people at that event! Sure, many (most?) will already be onboarded re: owning $ape, but how many are on the forums? Once they join, you can give them the welcome package :smiley:

So… 1800? 1000 for ApeFest and 800 for the 12 events. If you know who to ask about AF attendance, then make educated guess on % of those not yet on forums, then what % of that you may be able to intercept/recruit (should have a booth there tbh), that’s your total #, so it may come out to more or less than 1k

3 Likes

Hi Brazy!
Thanks for the answer and clarification!
Undoubtedly, attraction through quality merch is a powerful tool. I meant that it would be good to develop tactics when this merch will reach the hands of really interested people. So that the coefficient of useful action from this merch is as high as possible. I use a translator, so at first I decided that the plan was to attract new members by distributing merch in any places. But when you made it clear that it was planned to be done at specialized events, then I understood that you thought it through.

2 Likes

Appreciate the response!

Completely agree, we want to be as inclusive as possible with this concept and it would work two-fold to elevate event experiences while focusing primarily on onboarding newcomers.

We’re big on collaboration and would love for this to be an opportunity for other products in the space to reach a new audience as well - there are so many great products out there that we’re sure would love to help sponsor local events in their areas.

It’d be great to work with the event organizers individually to aim to ensure these end up in the right hands, as our goal is definitely for this to function first as an educational onboarding DAO tool.

Thanks again for taking the time to go through, we’re still flushing out the specifics so any thoughts or feedback are very valuable to us at this point :pray:

2 Likes

Agreed, this is a perfect medium for product swag baskets. good idea.

3 Likes

I personally think this is a great idea, thank you for sharing. While these Welcome Kits are targeted at attracting newcomers, what if it could be used as a tool to RETAIN holders… A lot of times people are just shilled to buy some crypto but ultimately don’t even know what they are truly buying or the opportunities that truly await them.

I really like this type of welcome kit and as a newcomer I myself would be interested in acquiring something like this, even at a cost!

Thank you again for sharing

4 Likes

Hey @dcmelts and welcome to the forums!

Thanks for reading through and dropping us feedback.

Agreed - luckily the upcoming events within the Yugaverse should keep people excited once they’re onboarded into the ecosystem, but if you have any ideas on how we could help retain people within the community, we’re love to hear them!

We left room for revision within the proposal as we’d like to encourage community feedback to help shape this idea. The concept really stemmed from a combination of frustrations about onboarding complexity, the lack of DAO presence at events, and also from our own experiences at IRL events, so we feel this can solve a few problems at the same time ideally.

Glad you like the concept in general, and as mentioned please feel free to send any ideas our way - we’re all ears!

3 Likes

I appreciate the effort and enthusiasm your team devotes to the DAO. I agree that we need easy-to-understand materials to teach everyone about what the DAO does and show them where to find more information. Sometimes, when people don’t keep up with the latest news, they can feel lost. This idea is a great way to fix that problem. It’s simple, looks good, and gets right to the point. I fully support this idea and think it’s great.

8 Likes

Fully support this, cant wait to get my cards in the mail too!

2 Likes

Totally loved it, cant wait to get more news of it!

5 Likes

Wow cant wait to see more of this, loved the idea!

3 Likes

The educational kit is amazing! We shall have more IRL all over the world!

6 Likes

Imagine being possible to purchase one of these in a nearby store… It would be awesome :smiley:

2 Likes

For real i really would love to get one IRL

3 Likes

I love the image in my mind of seeing an ApeCoin logo on a physical product in a store I just happen to be casually perusing.

Which stores would make the most sense in the immediate term?

1 Like

The kits would be a valuable resource for newcomers and would help to grow the DAO. I believe that the kits should be accompanied by a social media campaign that encourages people to share their experiences with the kits. This will create curiosity. People will wonder what is in the kits and will be interested in getting one and learning about ApeCoin and the DAO.

4 Likes

Hey @apboatt!

Thanks for reading, 100% agree. Ideally we’d love to partner with @thrivegiraffe on this and help promote + reward the community via Thank Ape. Definitely a full circle opportunity to not only help grow the community, but to also empower other projects/products/ideas currently existing within it (and hopefully spark more ideas at the same time).

2 Likes

Awesome !! That would be nice can’t wait. :fire:

3 Likes