AIP-260: Forever Apes // Welcome To ApeCoin, The IRL Onboarding Kit

I was able to hear the smoothness coming from the sound of the box :joy: I hope you get your idea rolling.

3 Likes

Such a great idea. We definitely need some work in this arena to expand awareness & lend a little education to those who are just learning or need an assist. Looking forward to seeing the budget.

Just curious: For the scans, do you think a landing page with a brief overview be helpful in tandem with the printables? Iā€™m thinking a central page of general info to get their feet wet before shoving them into the discord, discourse & twitter could be a gentle way to get a broader view. Just a thought.

6 Likes

Hmm, thinking about that, the only thing that comes to my mind is a store called FNAC. I donā€™t know if itā€™s global or not, but the store itself is good to sell those kind of productsā€¦ It would be a good start!

6 Likes

Yah would love to see that on a Fnac store on Portugal :sweat_smile: , but probably the best would be them creating an online store.

3 Likes

Yeah, it would be awesome! They could sell on their own website, or at amazonā€¦

4 Likes

We have some FNACs in Brazil, I think itā€™ll work

2 Likes

Sound initiative. This is something that will leave a good impression with whoever it was given to with the added benefit of networking effect too.

3 Likes

Thanks @swickie - appreciate you taking the time to read through and comment!

The goal would be that this functions full circle as a welcome kit, which then drives newcomers directly into the digital onboarding that @BojangleGuy is creating. We feel that the two projects (if passed) will have a ton of crossover and same goals, and essentially work in tandem as one to bridge the gap between an IRL welcome package and a digital educational platform. You can check out his proposal here for more info. We plan to work closely together to ensure itā€™s a cohesive experience that simplifies all of the many complexities that new users face with onboarding.

Weā€™ve been to a ton of meetups and IRL events in the web2 world where weā€™ve seen a lot of low effort giveaways with no real goals, so this has been stewing in our minds for a while out of necessity :sweat_smile:

For web3 we want to have more purpose with a focus on onboarding, education, and discoverability. Will be a great chance for other product/project/creators to be seen as well via event sponsorship!

If you have any ideas or input, weā€™d love to hear it ā€“ weā€™re all ears!

4 Likes

Ah yes I saw that AIP yesterday as well, perfect.

3 Likes

Love this initiative!
Awesome way to give a real tangible kit for users that are part of the DAO, besides that the budget should be also pretty okay!

4 Likes

Hi @12GAUGE and @Brazy!

I absolutely love this idea. One of the most frustrating things about trying to onboard people who may be interested in the DAO is the lack of onboarding and educational materials to point them to learn. And those boxes are gorgeous and would make a great memento!

Have you thought about having educational materials about crypto in general for normies who are guests to these events and may not understand the basics very well? Things like what is cypto, what is a blockchain, what is an exchange and how to buy crypto, how to set up a wallet and self-custody, best practices and security, etc. And now that I think about it, thatā€™s a lot, maybe it could just be a section in the onboarding materials @BojangleGuy and @Brazy are creating that could be referenced. :thinking:

4 Likes

Hey @adventurousape - thanks for reading!

Our main goal is to simplify and demystify the onboarding experience specifically to ApeCoin and the DAO by targeting IRL web3 events. Weā€™d expect that the audience in these events would have some basic understanding of crypto and web3, so our thinking is that this would be more targeted to entry to the ApeCoin ecosystem as a whole and aim to keep things as simplified & straight forward as possible (while also taking home a high quality event-specific keepsake).

That said, by welcoming newcomers in via IRL takeaways, the next step is to drive users to the digital onboarding tools that youā€™ve mentioned by @BojangleGuy. By working closely alongside himself, the community, and his idea, weā€™ll create a simplified version of the vital info via a quick start guide to go into the kits, which would link to the more detailed digital onboarding breakdown and FAQs.

5 Likes

Visually stunning as usual!! Love the mockups & the care & quality put into each design, and am excited to see this initiative work together with @maariabā€™s proposal (AIP-230) for sponsoring IRL events including ETHGlobal hackathons!!

Huge congrats also on winning the Thank Ape AIP Idea-a-thon!!

-Halina.eth :cherry_blossom:

7 Likes

Hi @12GAUGE,

Your topic will be moving to the AIP Draft phase in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received or do you wish to extend community discussion for another 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

-Vulkan

1 Like

Hey @Vulkan.Admin ,
We would like to extend our time in the ideas phase while we wait to receive budgets and finalize our AIP.
Thanks.

3 Likes

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@12GAUGE has requested to extend the community discussion period for this AIP idea. This topic will automatically close a further 7 days from now. We encourage the community to continue to engage in thoughtful discussions through constructive criticism, honest feedback, and helpful suggestions.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

-Vulkan

2 Likes

Looking slick teamā€¦ So many use cases here.

Brains and the beauty :crazy_face:

Well done.

AC

5 Likes

Love the multilingual feature.

5 Likes

Great idea! Would be cool to make the contents of the onboarding pamphlet available somewhere digitally as well so that we can share them with more friends.

4 Likes

cant wait to show more things to people here ! LFG !!
Great work @Brazy and @12GAUGE <3<3

4 Likes