Apefest HK - DAO meetup

Good day to you,

We have known each other through our voices and written texts, and now we have an opportunity to meet each other at an official event.

We can hold a simple meetup, or a retreat, or even plan an action brainstorming for Ape Assembly. The possibilities are endless.

Perhaps first step is to see how many will attend.

Looking forward to all your intelligent ideas.

30 Likes

From HK - so will definitely be here! :raised_hands:

Happy to organize and/or suggest places for meet-ups for everyone. Thinking we could even do an Ape-Moca meet-up (so we can finally meet each other after a quarter!)

• Miss3B

Edit:

Let me think of something fun to do. We could stop by the beach, eat dimsum, go for hiking or something - for those who arrive a bit earlier / planning to stay behind for some time!

I love planning IRL meet-ups :joy: Lmk

13 Likes

Likewise, see you all in Hong Kong!

5 Likes

Sounds great, since you are local there, we may need your help with places etc.

Also, would love to meet some Mocas as well.

6 Likes

Aww man, Can’t make it to HK this year ):

Maybe next time….

3 Likes

LEST GO! BUILDING, BULLISH! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

HK Based and part of an Ape chat for Apes coming to HK for Apefest. I will be there for sure and happy to help out where I can!

4 Likes

Hey thank you for volunteering for help,

Please follow here so I can add you to Twitter group chat. This is open for others as well that are attending and interested. Let me know. One of the first things we have to decide is whether to meet during the event casually, or make a side event for us to meet.

3 Likes

Already follow you mate look me up @st01c_io

2 Likes

Hope everyone is able to claim their tickets, sharing info from website here:

1 Like

Nope took 1.5 hours and no success. Glad they have paused the ticketing till the system works properly.

2 Likes

Hi all, looking forward to your feedback here.

Thanks!

1 Like

HK apes are here!! Love to meet everyone

4 Likes

Apefest:
Friday - will be events all over the city
Saturday - evening we have the party
Sunday - one more day

What day do we want to meet up and do?

Info from the official website.

WHAT’S HAPPENING WEN AND WHERE?

Here’s what to expect.

Three days of meetups and mayhem. One big night full of surprises.

Friday

• Arrive in beautiful Hong Kong. Pop over to our ApeFest homebase at PMQ to pick up your wristband, shop the new merch, and meet up with fellow apes.
  • In the evening, explore Hong Kong with token-gated happy hours on us! More on this soon.

Saturday

• Grab a coffee and come back over to PMQ for anything you might have missed on Friday. And if you just arrived, pick up your wristband.
  • Snag a copy of our ApeFest zine for tips on where to go, and spend the day exploring Hong Kong.
  • Head over to Kai Tak at 5PM for an immersive BAYC party. Drinks, food, gaming, and lots more.
  • We’ll wrap up at 11PM, so the rest of the night is up to you!

Sunday

• Head back over to PMQ for a hangover cure. Grab food and swap stories from the night before.
  • We know there’s excitement to plan independent get-togethers before and after official ApeFest events. We’ll work with community members on local recommendations and hot spots to get community events planned around Hong Kong (email us at support@apefest.com with “ApeFest community event” in the subject line.)

We’ll publish a schedule of events as things get locked in. More on this to come.

Note: Unofficial events are also popping up, coordinated by your fellow apes. You might want to plan a buffer on either side of the three days to meet up or just enjoy the city of Hong Kong.

2 Likes

happy to join. cant wait to meet in HK apefest

4 Likes

Looking forward to seeing you there fam! And Toronto later this month :muscle::muscle:

AC

2 Likes

Looking forward to meet Apecoin community in Hong Kong

8 Likes

Love this so much, reminds me of the DAO meetup we did in December 2022 during Miami Art Basel that was hosted by @Mantis! We had a ton of great conversations then and it was really helpful to get a IRL connection with people outside of the digital realm :rofl:

Curious if anyone who’s more familiar with HK might be able to organize a similar meetup for our DAO members & contributors, I know we have some superstar event organizers here!

-Halina.eth :cherry_blossom:

3 Likes

Speaking of which, is there already a summary of community-organized events circulating on Twitter / within the community?

Should I start a Notion / Luma page maybe to consolidate different events? Just wanted to put down some ideas like dimsum breakfast :raised_hands:

6 Likes