APEFI NFT/Etherum VAULT

Proposals submitted to the AIP Ideas section don’t need to be presented as fully finalized AIP Drafts, they may lack some details in the beginning. It’s important to use the mandatory 7-day discussion period for AIPs to gather feedback and engage with the community, not only on this forum, but also across other community discussion platforms.

Please use the AIP Draft Template below.

The Facilitator team will assist and guide you through the phases of the AIP process. If necessary, you can extend the discussion period for another 7 days by updating the @Facilitators.

PROPOSAL NAME:

APEFI VAULT

PROPOSAL CATEGORY:

There are four different categories to choose from:

1. Choose Ecosystem Fund Allocation for proposals about how the Ecosystem Fund should be spent.

TEAM DESCRIPTION:

My goal for the AIP was for me to familiarize myself with this AIP process. I don’t have any team in mind nore do I plan to make ths an officiail AIP. i thought it would be an interesting idea to propose due to the connection of this DAO to NFTs

ABSTRACT:

In the spirit of bringing back value to the Ape Coin DAO through a lending initiative that allows the Ape Coin DAO to Store some of its Value in NFTs and to prevent it from being completely drained through the continuous passing of AIPs that mostly extract at the moment
I am proposing a $APE Coin - NFT Trading/Lending system in which a certain portion of the treasury is allocated to purchasing NFTs (in $APE Coin) from Ape Coin community members who wants/needs liquidity. The Borrower will list Their NFT in $APE then bought by the New Ape Coin DAO Vault and then the NFT will either be purchased back by borrower (in $APE) at 3% more than the lending value or if not paid back The NFT will default to the treasury to be held or resold for Ethereum in order to add a stockpile of Ethereum into the existing treasury
This would provide the community with quick liquidity peep to peer loan with a low interest rate (3%) while protecting the existing treasury by eliminating risk of seeing 0 value in return

BENEFIT TO APECOIN ECOSYSTEM:

This AIP brings many benefits to the Ape Coin ecosystem including but not limited to:

1. Lending with interest coming in
  2. The amount of $APE in the DAO treasury may increase by 3% per application or newly added Ethereum to treasury
  3. Low interest loan to community.
  4. Establish a Blue chip Non Fungible Token Vault

Cons:

• Risky investment (Non Fungible Token)
  • Roughly 7 % default Rate (peer to Peer)

KEY TERMS:

Definitions of any terms within the proposal that are unique to the proposal, new to the APE Community, and/or industry-specific (optional).

PLATFORMS & TECHNOLOGIES:

NFT lending is a trend in the space that can generate a friendly peer to peer interaction in which ape coin is the driving force.

OVERALL COST:

As of now this is only at idea phase. cost unknown

Hey Raymond,

Thanks for putting this up for discussion.

How is this different from AIP-324 by @LL99Starz that the DAO recently voted down?

Can Luca’s ideas and proposal be of value to your thinking around lending?

Also, @kodama has high praise for protocols like ZhartaFinance, any thoughts?

Cheers

SSP :call_me_hand:t4:

4 Likes

thanks for responding SSP, its different from AIP 324 because it does one of three things 1. NFTs are stored to add value or 2 it adds ethereum to the overall DAO treasury. 3. APE coin is paid back to the DAO +3% . this would not lend assets it would lend $APE coin. Nothing to do with gaming.

4 Likes

What NFTs collections would qualify. Also if you are not serious about implementing the AIP, then this just wastes resources of the team to go through the steps.

I suggest if you want to go through the steps looks for a process that needs improvement and suggest that. Especially if it would be a 0 cost to the DAO proposal.

2 Likes

Sounds like a good idea but what I’m concerned about is that why didn’t you want to make it an official AIP

3 Likes

Hi Big Bull,
I think Verified collections with high floor price and a decent amount of legit volume would be a good qualified project.
i appreciate you addressing me on behalf of the team im sure you speak for them. not trying to waste anybodys time.

have you submitted any ideas/AIPS since you have been here i would love to read them
Thanks Bully

1 Like

GM Onnuel
my intent of this was an idea for discussion and maybe some other AC DAO participant might like to run with it. but if the community really loves it and legal feels like this is something we can implement , then i have i will consider looking into flushing more details out.

1 Like

I list them out on this thread.

2 Likes

thanks BB ill take a look

1 Like

Interesting idea. Could be a cool way to earn some passive income.
I would sell defaulted assets and stack ETH btw.

I just wonder if:
a) legally allowed
b) who would manage the vault

2 Likes

Me too ,but also would be nice to have someone in that role who understands trading and could maximize profits for the DAO if it defaults.
Thanks for the feed back :100:

Hi @Raymond ,

The community feedback period for your proposal would be ending in less than 24 hours.

• If you’re content with the feedback received, your next steps are to finalize your proposal using the AIP Draft Template.

• A moderator will reach out to the author to finalize the AIP Draft. Upon receipt of the final Draft, we will review and provide instructions on the next steps.

• Are you ready to proceed to the next phase or do you wish to extend community discussion for another 7 days?

We look forward to hearing from you.

-@Facilitators

1 Like

Really a good idea that was brought up for discussion, AC.

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to this getting approved as an official AIP man, brilliant ideas here…

1 Like

thanks for the feedback Preston, glad you like it

1 Like

thanks rubinato , think is a good idea as well

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @Raymond ,

Thank you for your ideas [and the ApeCoin DAO community for the insightful discussions].

A moderator will reach out to the author to finalize the AIP Draft using the appropriate template.

• Once the AIP Draft is confirmed by the author and meets all DAO-approved guidelines, it will receive an AIP ID number and move forward for Draft Analysis Review.
  • @Raymond please see your messages for the next steps.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. In accordance with DAO-approved guidelines, if the author does not respond within 30 days, the proposal will be automatically transferred to the Withdrawn category, and the author can re-submit the idea.

-@Facilitators

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

This Topic has been rejected based on the DAO-approved guidelines due to no response in the last 30 days. The Topic may be submitted again by any user and upon approval, will be open for 7 days for community discussions.

This Topic will move and remain in the Withdrawn AIPs category.

-@Facilitators

1 Like