Looking to write a proposal? Here are three questions I ask

Hello. I have some observations and insight to share on the AIP system. If you’re interested in making a proposal for the DAO, I’m happy to answer questions in the thread below to the best of my ability. I’d like to first ask you the following:

1. Are you here to seek a grant for an idea or exposure?
    If you’re looking to power an ape idea or market your brand in web3, going through the AIP process could be ideal for you. You’ll get infront of a large demographic of dedicated web3 users as you sail through the process.

2. Are you an individual developer or an established company?
    Working Group initiatives are continuing to build, so outside of using the AIP process for grant activity or brand exposure, individuals have the opportunity to join teams and contribute to community-led initiatives in the year ahead.

3. Are you interested in use of the Apecoin brand name or logo?
    Brand decisions can be simple or difficult. Using apecoin as a currency in your projects or animations is simple, whereas a “Legend of Apecoin” titled movie has brand risks and many considerations that can cause a proposal to get stuck.

APE ERC-20 token is the currency of the Otherside metaverse and is spread widely across web3. A large allocation has been made for staking rewards for NFT holders, and its widely used by members across 10KTF, BAYC, and related NFT communities.

If you submit your idea or are seeking a grant:

1. AIPs all have the same format
    Look for examples like yours that have went through the process. Keep your own simple and straight forward. Be prepared to defend your idea or pushback if unreasonable feedback is given. Not everyone here is an expert like you!

2. Expectations and timelines
    A simple proposal without brand risk or hangups can move through the process at a quick pace. The more advanced you make it, the longer it’s likely to take. A proposal can move to vote within 1 month if details are clear and concise.

3. How does your proposal add value to the ecosystem?
    Many ponder this question each day. To each their own opinion, but I recommend presenting yourself as building in the community, being a long-term player, and creating ideas and projects that match the demographics of the token.

I’m happy to be helpful, or to expand on any of these points. In the past i’ve written guides, newsletter posts, even built MVP websites to share info & ideas with others. Some proposals do not resonate with voters, I’m the nerdy ape that tries to figure out why :nerd_face:

Are you looking to bring an idea forward or seek a grant? Comment below…!
I dont often write proposals for others but I’m glad to share examples and experience

22 Likes

Nice summary of the process.
:call_me_hand:t4:

3 Likes

It will, for sure, help me or someone else in the future! Thank you for this guide! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Good information.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Thank you for offering your insights and willingness to assist with AIP proposals. While I don’t have a specific proposal to share at the moment, If any questions arise or if I need assistance with a future proposal, I’ll be sure to reach out. Thank you again for your offer. :100: :100:

2 Likes

Hey yeah! @apboatt You can ping me on here, post in general, or anywhere else. I’ve got a calendly if you dont want to put it out to the world first. I’m one of the most experienced when it comes to proposals, and I’m happy to have conversations about them. I’ve been involved in many many of them! Show us your cool idea! I can write them really well too.

2 Likes

Aye Aye Captain I will definitely reach out :saluting_face:

2 Likes

Thank you, this post helped a lot!
I’m looking forward to submitting my first AIP soon and will ask you for guidance if needed.

2 Likes

Hey @AnnieRawrz . There’s defintely more that can be done to create and highlight content like this. Mine often have felt like quick snippets put up out of necessity around here. Yeah I can even help you here if you’re lookin to share an early idea. My approach is start with a blank page and write the proposal in its full format from the start.

Abstract
Motivation
Rationale
Specifications
Steps to Implement
Timeline
Overall Cost

For me, its easiest to draft them in final format. I start from the top and approach it like a printer. Some turn out better than others, but its whats work best for me hahah. A second set of eyes before “pressing send” is something that I’ve always found really helpful too. Just be you and enjoy the process!

3 Likes

Thank you so much for this tutorial, It will help for sure anyone that pretends to make a proposal!

1 Like

Yes, not everyone here on the forums is seeking to write proposals. Different people have different reasons for participating. We’re also exploring Thank Ape and how to welcome even more!

Small grants dont always historically fare well in our system. However there are a large number of regular voters that will give a grant fair shake. There is an appetite for something cooler.

Ive put out an idea called Community Call that explores the idea of web3 clubs & bayc chapters applying to power their community managers and member projects. It’s kinda cool.

Happy to talk about individuals applying for grant proposals to fund websites, but I’m not sure those are going to fare well always. Thank Ape has great promise for rewarding participation and some creation.

1 Like

Thanks for the insights, it sure is of great value for anyone wanting to write a proposal :heart_decoration:

2 Likes

Every one of your contributions is complete, and it’s a pleasure to read what you have to say.

1 Like

Great thread, the template helped me format our proposal, still looking for some pointers on areas where we can improve, or if we put enough information across. Thanks for the info :+1:t4:

1 Like

In my opinion it would be useful to add what you said in the guide they are developing. ApeCoin DAO Onboarding Guide - Google Docs

1 Like

I posted my AIP idea now about the mascot. In a few days it will be moved to the draft section.
Can you explain how that works?
Do I need to edit my idea post and get it ready for the draft phase or do I submit a new post? @0xSword

2 Likes

Hey @AnnieRawrz yes your proposal looks really well done, it’ll be easy to move into the next phase, which will be in ~6 days. Mods will get in touch as the thread closes, you tell them you’re ready to submit, and it moves on! Make any updates before hand so it’s easy for them. Your proposal looks ready enough. Good work!

2 Likes

Ok gotcha!
Thank you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for making this 0xSword

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.