Talking Point: Possible AIPs

Objective

Collaborate with others to turn ideas into proposals - share thoughts with a focus on solutions and compounding ideas into plans

This is a place for discussion and idea building. Bring ideas for improvement, cooperate together for the betterment of the community. Please keep this a clean process with an emphasis on solutions and planning realistic advancements and enhancements to the ecosystem. Do not duplicate posts and ideas, as this is not helpful. Read through other’s ideas before posting. If your idea or something similar is already being talked about, collaborate and share your thoughts.

7 Likes

Hi All, (Topic: Possible AIP-5 Staking Mechanism Amendment)

Subsequent to a recent twitter spaces discussion (thanks for hosting @herb), it seems that some clarity is needed on the staking mechanism proposed in AIP-5.

Can @btang clarify if there is a limit on the amount of $APE coin that each per NFT can accrual to a specific pool? If no will the staking mechanism prevent a very large $APE coin holder with only one NFT from disproportionality gaining from a BAYC / MAYC or BAKC staking pool?

Thank you.

With regards to AIP-5 clarification see https://twitter.com/ysiu/status/1506915429175885824

New AIP Idea Discussion
AIP-X - ApeCoin Scaling and Transaction Cost Reduction

To facilitate rapid adoption of ApeCoin as the primary token to transact within web3 considerations for throughput (transaction speed) and transaction fees needs to be considered at this early stage. I am starting to begin discussion on a future AIP to cater for such an improvement.

2 Likes

Oops I deleted this post instead of editing. Im new to a discourse environment. That’s ok though! Im excited for what comes next and let’s talk about proposals.

3 Likes

check Garga’s take on it.

7 Likes

I think we need to implement AIPs and promote projects that give use cases to $APE token.

A cool idea would be to make some kind of borrow/lend system (like anchor on Terra) where you could stake your NFT to borrow $APE and lend $APE for a profit. If we take a step further we could even work on a algoritmic stablecoin like MIM to support all the ecosystem.

My goal here is to point that we need different dev teams to create different DeFi tools that use $APE and later implement it on the Yuga metaverse.

3 Likes

Proposal: Snapshot contract call for voting attribution should be changed to include staked $APE

Currently the Snapshot call contract used to count voting power only counts unstaked $APE in wallets, or in other words it excludes all $APE that was in a Uniswap pool (and potentially the future $APE staking pool).

There are Snapshot call contracts that allow for counting staked $APE:
https://snapshot.org/#/strategies?q=uniswap

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.