@veratheape - Nomination 1/2022

Personal Information

Discourse ID: @veratheape

Twitter: https://twitter.com/veratheape

Email: veratheape@gmail.com

Nomination Statement

I am running for Special Council for three main reasons:

• To offer perspectives from Asian communities with my deep understanding and experience of community building around the world

• To uplift women through platforms that encourage engagement

• To create a framework for successful DAOs by contributing lessons I learned from my participation in several DAOs

Motivation

I strive to deliver DAO experiences that people remember and cherish. The objective is to create genuine relationships within the DAO and these relationships are created when there is trust and a shared passion for what the future brings.

Rationale

My relevant experiences include:

(1) Community builder

I joined the BAYC community on May 1, 2021. I founded the Bored Chili Community a year ago and it has organically grown into a family of almost 500 members (in Telegram and WeChat). I host a podcast and am currently on my ā€œ100 Hot Onesā€ series where I interview 100 apes. I have hosted and co-hosted 10+ events around the world and hopefully youā€™ve been to one or more of them! I hope to help organize panels, hackathons, and other community events with the goal of expanding and improving the ApeCoin DAOā€™s reach.

(2) Technical experience at a startup and large corporations in Silicon Valley

My technical background is in the autonomous vehicles industry and I have experience in building a product from the ground up. I have experience as a software QA engineer and I am responsible for ensuring the quality of products when they launch.

(3) DAO core contributor

I have been a core contributor in several DAOs since late 2020. Please see additional details in the ā€œSpecificationsā€ section.

(4) Investor and advisor on web3 and DAO projects

My crypto journey began in 2016 and I have been an active investor in the space since then. My focus is investing in early stage projects and helping founders (and other investors). My value-add is in finding partnerships and synergies.

Specifications

I have been a core contributor in several DAOs since late 2020 and am a delegator for the ApeCoin DAO. I quickly learned that the early DAO models were unsustainable and shared my thoughts on the future of DAOs last year here https://twitter.com/veratheape/status/1441456524363067394?s=46&t=EH0AFcdYE8m6V2hzX6zplA. I understand the challenges of managing a DAO and want to apply the lessons I learned to 1) enhance community branding, 2) improve transparency and expectation management, 3) encourage globalized participation and engagement, and 4) establish meaningful partnerships with other communities and projects.

Concluding Statement

I love the community and am passionate about what ApeCoin DAO can become. With my experiences in global community building, DAO governance, investing, and product building, I believe I can have a positive contribution to the Special Council. I am motivated by the prospect of uplifting women and bridging Eastern and Western communities.

20 Likes

I have been a part of Veraā€™s community via telegram and through participation IRL. Considering her community-building and entrepreneurial spirit, she would lead the council adequately. It is crucial to also focus on building a diverse council that can support ensuring the board does not become an echo chamber. Vera is usually on top of what is current in the BAYC ecosystem and blockchain as a whole. We need to understand current market conditions to make educated decisions through hard times and prosperous ones.

6 Likes

Fantastic nominee! Iā€™m so happy that youā€™re here and running for the special council role. :saluting_face:

4 Likes

What will you do to connect worthy builders without an audience to the people who can fund and expand projects?

4 Likes

Hi @veratheape, I am asking all candidates these same questions:

1. If elected, what is the one item you feel passionate about and would like to see accomplished during your tenure within the DAO? (Letā€™s pretend you only had the time and energy to make a personal push for one item - what would it be?)

2. Are there any factors in your life that may limit your ability to serve? (conflicts of interest, time allocation, limited wifi bc you work from Starbucksā€¦ etc)

3. What is your least favorite thing right now with our DAO in itā€™s current state?

4. What is a Koda?

Thank you,
F/S

2 Likes

Super strong candidate - glad to be running with you Vera

2 Likes

Over the last few months, Iā€™ve gotten to know, learn from, and work with @veratheape, who is a member of our Thank APE board. Based on my experiences with her, I believe she would be a wonderful special counsel member.

Many people know @veratheape as a natural community builder - because sheā€™s brought so many of us together! She has also been using her is engineering and investor perspective to help many ApeCoin initiatives. I know her as selfless, genuine, brilliantā€¦ and committed to improving our DAO! - Daniel

3 Likes

Sharing with you all on Veraā€™s contribution to the community. Vera has dedicated her time and effort to build great events and community to drive BAYC adoption. She got my vote on this :gorilla:

5 Likes

Hey F/S,
Thank you for your question.

1. The first thing I want to push is building the ecosystem by hosting hackathons and establishing partnerships. Building the ecosystem is a long journey and it is the only way for a token to be sustainable. It took ETH 4 years to really build the ecosystem and I think this is something more urgent than others. There are transparency, DAO engagement, and rebranding issues I want to help solve but those can be solved along the way of building the ecosystem.
  2. Nope. I donā€™t have any factors that limit my ability to serve.
  3. My least favorite thing of our DAO right now is the expectation management. Theyā€™ve over promised and under delivered.
  4. Koda is a bee in the Otherside. It will bring you honey back everyday.
8 Likes

One of my priorities when I host events is to enable a platform for builders to connect with investors, other builders, and new friends. I will bring the audience to those who might not have an audience.

10 Likes

Vera is best ļ¼ŒWe trust

3 Likes

Hi Vera,

Two follow up questions.

1. Did you consider writing AIPs to host hackathons?
  2. Can you explain more? Lots of people are frustrated, but in which ways do you think the DAO SC has overpromised and under delivered?

we want all the perspectives! go verašŸ¤

3 Likes

Vera has been an active participant in the efforts of DAO members to find a solution to the current DAO administration crisis. Her level of participation is significantly higher than some of the other leading candidates. Vote wiselyā€¦

5 Likes

How have I missed all this participation

2 Likes

That is really awesome @veratheape.
Have you been able to keep an eye on AIP-91 (currently approved and a few weeks away from ā€œimplementedā€)?
IRL events are very important but I think so is creating tools that can create these synergies when distance can be an obstacle are also really important. It would be great to have your feedback on it :slight_smile:

Happy to see that you are in the top elected.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.

Congratulations @veratheape on being in the top 5!!!

9 Likes

Hey builders! Who want to add his opinion or some more value to the article as a quote? PM me if so

4 Likes