AIP-102: Add Proposal Overview

Proposal Name: Add Proposal Overview

Proposal Category: Informational

Abstract

Each Tuesday, the official ApeCoin Twitter account sends out some really great stats in threads like this one that show a high-level overview of where the group of active proposals stand. The end of the thread also contains a useful chart like the one below.

This helps me (and I’m guessing many others) visualize where proposals are at in the process, but I would like to take it a step further to add even more detail to this useful table.

I am proposing/requesting the Cartan team add the following:

1. Add the table in the screenshot above to this Discourse forum home page
  2. Include a way to click on each of the numbers in the screenshot above and have it display a pop-up containing links to all the proposals in the category clicked on (ex. If I click on the “5” in the “Moderator Review” column, I want to see which five proposals are in that status).

Motivation

This is strictly an informational proposal that will help the community better understand where each proposal stands in the AIP process. Adding this to the home page will also give it more visibility and make it easier to find. These things will make our DAO more efficient and offer more transparency into the AIP process.

Rationale

One of the guiding values of the Ape Foundation is transparency. This proposal aims to make the AIP process more transparent as community members will be fully aware of where each proposal stands.

Specifications

Under this proposal, a table would be added to the Discourse home page that when clicked on would show a list of proposals in each status.

Hopefully, I can review mockups generated by the Cartan team to provide feedback before they go live.

Steps to Implement

1. Add the table from ApeCoin twitter threads like this one to the Discourse Forum home page
  2. Add a new feature to the table mentioned in step 1 so when a user clicks on a number in the table, a pop-up appears showing which proposals are in the status clicked on

Timeline

This project would start immediately after the proposal is approved on snapshot. I’m not sure how long the process would take to add these tables and charts to the Discourse Forum so I am requesting the Cartan team help provide an estimate of how long it would take.

Overall Cost

None

9 Likes

Visual aids are always helpful.

Didn’t @bc say that they’d be adding a Gantt Chart to the proposals? I may have misheard✌🏽

3 Likes

Yes, a Gantt chart will be useful as well.

3 Likes

Hi @Vulkan,

Your topic will be automatically closing in less than 24 hours. Are you content with the feedback received, or do you wish to extend community discussion for a further 7 days?

If we do not hear from you within 48 hours after your topic closes, your topic will be moved straight to the AIP Draft process.

We look forward to hearing from you.

- river

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thank you @Vulkan for your ideas and the ApeCoin DAO community for the thoughtful discussions. A moderator will get in touch with the author to draft the AIP in the appropriate template. Once the AIP is drafted and meets all the DAO-approved guidelines, the proposal will be posted on Snapshot for live official voting at: Snapshot

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments. @Vulkan please see your messages for the next steps.

-Pearson

2 Likes

Hi ApeCoin DAO Community,

@Vulkan has completed editing their AIP Idea to be their AIP Draft.

Follow this Topic as further updates will be posted here in the comments.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

3 Likes

Our team has reviewed and discussed @Vulkan’s AIP Draft and have sent a list of initial questions. We await answers.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

1 Like

@Vulkan has responded to our questions and they are in our review once again.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

1 Like

Hi I just wanted to follow-up to see if there was any additional information or action needed on my end for this proposal.

4 Likes

Thanks so much for this proposal Vulkan!
This information would be so useful in helping people understand where various proposals are at in the process and how long it takes to get through it. A Gantt chart would be a great! I don’t find the chart very helpful in and of itself, since there’s no way to know what proposals are at what stage. It might also be helpful to have a category that shows how many AIPs have been voted on with Gantt chart stats.

4 Likes

I really think that this proposal will be so helpful when it comes to transparency of AIP process. It would help bring awareness to the community.

4 Likes

@Vulkan has updated their Draft and it is in our review once again. You can check out the changes by clicking the pencil icon at the top right of the post.

Kind Regards,

-Pearson

1 Like

I dig this as long as we keep it super clean/simple and the public facing dashboard is not called a Gantt Chart :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yep, we are actually going to be removing the Gantt piece as it’s a little more complex to add. Instead, opting to focus on the simpler overview chart (like in the one in the screenshot above).

2 Likes

We have no further questions for @Vulkan. This AIP is now with the Special Council for Administrative Review.

Kind Regards,

river

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

After review, this Topic submitted by @Vulkan is ready for vote. The proposal will be posted on Snapshot at the next weekly release, which this time will be the 26th of January, 2023 at 21.00 EST // 27th of January, 2023 02.00 UTC.

Best,
-mallard

3 Likes

This proposal is live for Snapshot vote at Snapshot . The voting period closes next Wednesday at 9PM ET.

The AIP implementation is administered by the Ape Foundation. Implementation may be immaterially or materially altered to optimise for security, usability, to protect APE holders, and otherwise to effect the intent of the AIP. Any material deviations from an AIP, as initially approved, will be disclosed to the APE holder community.

-moonkt

1 Like

The voting period has closed for this proposal and it has been accepted with a 100% pass rate. The proposal will be passed on for implementation.

Follow this proposal under the AIP Transparency and Execution Category. A new post has been created here, Implementation Update | AIP-102: Add Proposal Overview, and further updates will be posted.

-moonkt

3 Likes