Fashion Battle Royale Powered by Apecoin, Web3 Self-Expression Redefined.
Ecosystem Fund Allocation
Founded by Richard Hobbs in 2016, Brand New Vision is a Fashion Tech company enabling brands and designers to enter the digital realm. BNV has collaborated with top-tier fashion brands such as Coach, Tommy Hifilger, Diane von Furstenburg, (Di)vision, Mishka NYC, Vivienne Tam and many more.
We worked with Vivienne Tam to create a 1 of 1 digital dress that was sold for US$15,000 as part of the Council of Fashion Designers of America’s 60th Anniversary.
Delivering access to new utilities which enhance brand reputation alongside the creation of new revenue streams.
The core business model is the creation and sale of fashion items which are launched as tokenised digital wearables with interoperability across multiple metaverse experiences and the opportunity for token owners to monetise their assets in the true spirit of web3.
BNV is an Animoca Brands portfolio company and works closely with the company to develop engaging and commercial relationships with other portfolio companies.
BNV has recently launch ME:ID beta and is looking to offer the Apecoin ecosystem the opportunity for full engagement with the BNV fashion ecosystem, starting with ME:ID, a fully customisable personal avatar and digital fashion wearable platform.
Brand New Vision, a digital fashion ecosystem builder, has recently launched a dapp named ME:ID (id.bnv.me). BNV aims to bring Web3 self-expression at its highest form to the Apecoin ecosystem.
All Apecoin holders will get access to a range of Apecoin gated digital wearables and accessories branded by IPs owned by Yuga Labs in ME:ID which they can use to create personal real time 3D avatars (see example: 001 | ME:ID – Style looks and create your 3D profile) and enter the Fashion Battle Royale powered by Apecoin.
Prize money in Apecoin will be available to attract audiences outside of the ecosystem to encourage them to Ape in. For those who already have strong connections with their digital avatars, this will be a huge opportunity for their digital alter-egos to be seen at a fashion week event in Paris in early 2024.
BNV has previously executed fashion events, activations, catwalk shows and parties during multiple Paris, London and Copenhagen Fashion Weeks.
We believe this will put the spotlight on the fashion relevance of the family of IPs of the Apecoin ecosystem like never before.
Benefit to Apecoin Ecosystem
Fashion and culture are 2 sides of the same coin, Apecoin’s mission is to promote all things culture in Web3 and ME:ID is all about visualising culture through the lens of fashion. ME:ID aggregates a wide range of culture in the form of fashion, art, music, dance, sports, memes and anything that helps one express his/her/their primal instincts and visual identities. BNV is confident a well executed competition in the form of battle royale with large bottom up exposure on social media platforms can definitely help further Apecoin DAO’s mission.
This collaboration can attract a wide range of fashion forward hypebeasts and digital-native creators from outside the Apecoin Community to interact and create ME:IDs with a wide range of NFT assets and visual creativity that they possess to inject new energy and new vibes into the Apecoin Ecosystem as well as massively promoting Apecoin ecosystem IPs by taking full advantage of algorithm based social platforms such as Tiktok and IG Reels.
- ME:ID: A fashion-first aggregator and visualiser of PFP, Art, Emotes, Dance, Sports, Memes, Music, Fashion and more.
- Visage: AI generated face for the ME:ID avatar
- Stickers: NFT linked or gated stickers applicable on the Visage
- Helmet: One of the head options for the ME:ID avatar and containers for 200+ NFT collections that enable the display of PFP and Art NFTs.
- Swatchbook Materials: Materials for customising free wearables that comes with the ME:ID wardrobe
- Vogues and poses: emotes and poses that can be applied to the ME:ID avatar as a big part of one’s visual identity
- Scenes: the backgrounds and all associated components for staging ME:ID avatars
Platforms & Technologies
The main technologies and platforms to be used to run this Fashion Battle Royale are listed below
- ME:ID (https://id.bnv.me ) for the creation of personalised 3D avatars and in this case avatars wearing items branded by Apecoin and Yuga IPs
- Metamask and Walletconnect for logging into ME:ID and checking whether someone owns the required amount of Apecoin to access the exclusive items needed to participate in the Fashion Battle Royale
- Tiktok and/or Instagram Reels for selecting 128 contestants to enter the head-to-head round based on the number of views they can obtain, the right hashtags will need to be used in order for the videos to be considered eligible
- Twitter/X to host the randomised head-to-head match-ups and winners are decided by voting in each match-up post
Steps to Implement & Timeline
For a given period of time, all Apecoin holders with 1 or more $APE can create ME:IDs with wearables and accessories branded by Apecoin and Yuga IPs. All they need to do to enter the qualifying round of this fashion battle royale is to export a video and post them on Tiktok and/or IG Reels.
Top 3 winners of this fashion battle royale will get cash prizes in $APE and their stylised ME:IDs will be displayed in an IRL event organised by BNV in Paris in early 2024 around Paris Fashion Week.
- BNV to create fashion items, scenes, vogues and poses branded by Apecoin and Yuga IPs to be token gated by Apecoin on id.bnv.me
- Announcement and promotion of Fashion Battle Royale
- Qualifying round winner decided by number of views on Tiktok and/or IG Reels, top 128 viewed videos will qualify for the knock out competitions
- Randomised head-to-head competitions to be decided by votes on Twitter/X via posts created by BNV (https://twitter.com/bnv_me), the final 8 standing will enter the final where a panel of judges will select the top 3 winners.
- Cash prizes in $Ape will be distributed as the following
- 15,000 $APE for 1st place
- 7,000 $APE for 2nd place
- 3,000 $APE for 3rd place
- BNV will prepare the IRL event to celebrate the victors of the fashion battle royale and promote Apecoin and Yuga IPs around Paris Fashion Week in early 2024.
Right after receiving confirmation that this proposal will be implemented by the Apecoin DAO
1st month (up to 6 weeks): Creation of ME:ID wearables and accessories branded by Apecoin and selected Yuga IPs as well as scenes, vogues and poses relevant for this Fashion Battle Royale.
2nd month: Promotion and Execution of Fashion Battle Royale powered by Apecoin
3rd month: Distribute $APE prizes to winners and prepare for IRL fashion event in Paris around Paris Fashion Week in January or February 2024
25,000 $APE to fund the prize pool for the top 3 winning ME:ID profiles
$70,000 USD equivalent in $Ape for organising the IRL fashion event in Paris showing off the ME:IDs of the top 8 finalists of the Fashion Battle Royale as well as notable ME:ID avatars from the entire competition.